A possible trick to relieve discomfort during iontophoresis

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

• Participant
        Melanie on #1692

An interesting tip for everyone who often or continuously feel physical discomfort during iontophoresis.

Basically, it all comes down to this: if your treatments hurt, how about you try to soften the water you are using?

Important: I am not a medical expert at all. I am just giving this advice based on an interesting idea I saw online – and it makes sense to me, and it wouldn't harm to try. The idea comes from the following article (top post):
        The complexity of mineral content in tap water iontophoresis

This quote is particularly interesting:

“In my opinion the ideal way to use iontophoresis will be to mix your own water to the exact level of HCO3- by using baking soda and de-mineralised water, or destilled water, but recently I also discovered from a mail conversation with a scottish dermatologist, that mineral waters with very high HCO3- content and quite low sulphate and chloride content had shown to be superior to local tap water in efficiency in iontophoresis.”

I hope this helps some of you try out new things with their iontophoresis machines. I might try this with my Idromed, just to see what happens. Maybe this altered water will help me reduce sweating even more. 🙂

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: A possible trick to relieve discomfort during iontophoresis
Your information:

Skip to toolbar