Are home-made iontophoresis machines any good?

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

• Participant
        Twinkle on #1109

Believe it or not, but I never used iontophoresis treatments and many say that they make a decent hyperhidrosis cure. 🙂
        Considering that these devices cost hundreds of dollars, I was wondering – is a home-made iontophoresis machine a good choice for a beginner? 😛 I could ask my uncle to help me in putting everything together since he's good with that kind of handiwork, but the issue is – will this work? Ideally I would use treatments to treat sweaty armpits and feet.

As an alternative, I would consider buying a machine if if there are some good cheaper ones…

• This topic was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by Rohit.
      • Participant
        Brittany Davidson on #1110

Hello!
        Do it yourself Iontophoresis works for some people, so maybe it's not bad to at least try it out if you know how to properly build one. Make sure that your uncle knows how to set the current, and you can look into some step-by-step guides online. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOQfjZ9-Akw

However, I will add that DIY Iontophoresis did not work for me. I couldn't set the voltage just right and the results were virtually non-existent. 🙁 I have a professional device now.

• Keymaster
        Rohit on #1113

Thanks for the inputs Brittany,

Yes, home made iontophoresis machines are a hit or miss, but they are much cheaper. They worked for me (till I got so bored with iontophoresis that I could not do it any more 🙁 )

Which professional iontophoresis machine are you using? Would you mind dropping in a review? It would be great for others to learn from your experience.

• Participant
        Sean M. on #1114

@Twinkle
        If your home made iontophoresis machine doesn't stop excessive sweating, you can always try to get a prescription from a physician – this should significantly reduce the costs of buying a pro device. Also, people are selling used iontophoresis units all the time, so that is another option if your budget is low. 😉

• Participant
        Brittany Davidson on #1115

Which professional iontophoresis machine are you using? Would you mind dropping in a review?

Currently I'm using HidrexGS400, and sure, I'll gladly give some feedback where it can be useful to everybody! 😀
        This is my third Iontophoresis machine – the first one was a clumsily done do-it-yourself device and the second one Iomed. In my experience, Hidrex is the best of the lot, but I'm aware that this is often individual…
        I think do-it-yourself devices can be good if your machine-building skills are good. Mine weren't. 😳

• Keymaster
        Rohit on #1116

Hi Brittany,

You can post a review for Hidrex GS 100 here.

That way, it will be accessible to everyone even after this topic is closed.

Thanks!

Channel 2012 on #2750

No “machines” needed. I just rounded up a couple pans, wire leads, and batteries, and the problem went away after a month of regular treatment. $100 machines are a scam if you ask me.

Steve on #2940

Hello guys, I have built an iontophoresis based on this guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOQfjZ9-Akw
        The only concern that I have is will there be any major side effect to my body in the long run? I'm worried about the consequences. Also, do I have to eventually purchase a higher Volt?

Celine on #2953

I made a homemade iontophoresis machine using a car battery charger and two aluminum pans (pie plates). The battery charger has a 6V and a 12V setting, with DC current at 6A.

I found the 12V setting too strong, so I have been using it at 6V everyday for 10 minutes for the past week. I find when I exercise, my hands still get excessively sweaty, but day-to-day, my hands tend to sweat less during less-active tasks. I will see how my hands are a few weeks from now.

• Participant
        Vivian Morden on #1344

Very interesting – Robert detailed his experiences with do it yourself iontophoresis!

I really liked this, it describes the whole process of setting the machine up and getting it to work. I'm glad it worked for you! It looks like something one should definitely try out if not sure about getting a professional iontophoresis machine. 🙂

Viewing 8 reply threads
Reply To: Are home-made iontophoresis machines any good?
Your information:

Skip to toolbar