Botox and Iontophoresis

• Participant
        Casper on #2064

Can people who had Botox treatment done on their feet use iontophoresis afterwards? I mean, weeks or months after the Botox treatment, if they feel that their feet are starting to sweat again, can they nip the problem in the bud by adding iontophoresis for hyperhidrosis on top of having done Botox for hyperhidrosis?

Can one hyperhidrosis treatment (ie iontophoresis) be used to underline the effects of the other (ie Botox)? Or could this be dangerous for one's health? I am not sure how the skin and glands that have been treated with Botox will react to the iontophoresis. Any information on this?

Queen Julie R. on #3596

BOTOX is better than iontophoresis for reducing excessive sweating, just don't overdo. Iontophoresis after months of botox, I am not sure, better consult a physician.

Rex Alexis on #3654

I think not a problem at all. I get Botox for my underarms and I do iontophoresis for my hands and feet.

Missy on #3817

I think your doctor is the best person to advise you on this and what course of action is medically approved and suitable to treat it. I believe iontophoresis doesn't work on the head/scalp (not so sure though) I think it specifically targets palms and feet. Botox treatments are very expensive in the long run as they must repeated regularly. An iontophoresis machine like the Idromed 5 PC is also pricey at first – but you pay for it only once – and they are built to last a lifetime. I would suggest giving iontophoresis a chance before trying Botox or any other invasive therapy.

Raffy Cho on #4171

Botox is a very effective treatment for hyperhidrosis and the dosing is typically based on areas treated but it can vary around 50 – 100 units depending on how large the treatment area. Duration also depends on doses and techniques, but can vary from 3-6 months. For the armpit region, you may also want to consider miraDry as it provides a longer lasting relief and in the long run is more cost-effective. Excess sweat, and smelly armpits are caused by eccrine (sweat) and apocrine glands whose secretion is modified by bacteria causing a bad odor. Miradry eliminates these glands permanently and solves both problems. You will never need to use deodorant again. Iontophoresis is much less predictable with effectiveness.

Joryl on #4413

In my case, I have tried both. Botox was done in my both hands when I was about 16, it didn't work and it was very painful. The doctor actually discharged me as soon as it was done and I was never even given a follow up appointment. I think this is meant to work best for underarms?
        When I was 20 my dad bought me the iontophoresis machine, it worked a little but not really and my feet just seemed to swell more.

Last April 2016, I had ETS surgery and so far it is amazing. I had two ops for my hands and they went well. Left is 100% dry while right has a tiny bit of clamminess just on two of my fingers so I would rate an overall a success although it is major surgery and not for everyone! I still sweat from my feet but have the option of having surgery again next year.

Geralt on #4452

Yes, botox is a very effective treatment for hyperhidrosis whether in armpit, hands, feet, scalp and/or face. The dosing is typically based on areas treated but can vary around 50 – 100 units per side depending on how large the treatment area. Duration also depends on dose and technique. It vary from 3-6 months. For the armpit region, you may also want to consider miraDry. MiraDry provides a longer lasting relief and in the long run is more cost-effective.

On the other hand, iontophoresis is much less predictable when it comes to effectiveness. But if you really want to try it, I recommend Idromed.

Shiela on #4525

Hi,

I have been getting this botox injections in my hands for my excessive sweating, and it was effective at first but then my last two sessions did not really help at all. My hands are still sweating and my doctor does not know why, maybe we have overdone it.

I would like to explore iontophoresis as possible treatment, however, I am not sure if it will be worthwhile. Do you think it can be beneficial to switch to iontophoresis even if botox did not worked for me? I have read that iontophoresis can be done on hands and feet. But it also says that it does not work in everybody, but in most people.

Regards to all

Shay7665 on #4915

Iontophoresis is your last resort. I actually have tried both. Botox did not worked for me. For iontopheresis, I used Iontoderma Id-1000. I bought this simply because it is the most affordable. I have no idea this will be effective. Well, I prayed for it to be effective. Twenty days I used this device on my hands but nothing changed. Losing hope ofcourse, I skipped one night of treatment and then the next day… sweating miraculously stopped!! I'm not really sure how this happened but it did!! Now I can go up to around 5 days without treatment with complete dryness!!!

noezer on #6599

hai,
        If you're considering Botox or Dysport injections, be certain about why you want to have them.The injections are expensive, and have their limitations. For Safety: Take time to find a reputable practitioner who is properly qualified and practises in a clean, safe and appropriate environment. Ask the practitioner what you should do if something were to go wrong. Botulinum toxin is a prescription-only medicine that should only be prescribed and given by an appropriately trained healthcare professional, such as a doctor, dentist, pharmacist prescriber, or nurse prescriber. Legally, the prescriber can delegate the administration of the injections to another person, but they are responsible for ensuring it is given safely. You shouldn't have botulinum injections if you're pregnant or breastfeeding, since the effects on the baby aren't known.

Mark on #7892

I think it will bring no harm. But botox is effective alone. I think no need for iontophoresis. Also there are botox treatment delivered by iontophoresis machine.

Viewing 10 reply threads
Reply To: Botox and Iontophoresis
Your information:

Skip to toolbar