Excessive Underarm Perspiration Concern/Questions

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

Denise on #1735

Hi everyone,

This such a sharing community and that is so encouraging. Can you help me with something as well? I suffer with excessive underarm perspiration. I wondered if anyone here with the same issue has tried underarm pads?
        Whether you have or not, can you comment on the following?

What worked or did not work with the underarm pad(s) that you've used?
        Can you suggest some to try?
        Would you like to see these available in stores and not just online? –That's all I have seen so far. I have never seen them in stores.

Thanks!
        Denise

• Participant
        Leons on #1748

Hi, Denise 🙂

It's been a while since I last used underarm sweat pads, but I don't remember every seeing them in stores. I mostly ordered them from Kleiners website, and my favorite were these: http://www.kleinerts.com/enlarged-disposable-underarm-pads-for-men.html

..although that probably doesn't mean anything to you since they're for men – but they should have a women variant too. I think that there are no universal “the best” sweat pads – everyone has different preferences – depending on their sweating pattern, or body size and shape, and so on.

Sweat pads work best for protecting your clothes and saving yourself some embarressing social situations. However, I don't think they make for a great long-term/on daily basis solution. If you want to use them long term, I would recommend some washable cotton pads, because you will end up spending a lot of money if you choose to use disposable pads… (Although, Sweatex, for example, has some decent cheaper ones.)

Denise on #1749

Hi Leons,

This is very helpful, thanks! I will look for the Kleinart's for women as you mentioned. I think it'd be great if these were available in stores for when you need them.

Again, thanks!

Richard on #2607

I really hope there is a solution out there as i have ruined multiple shirts due to sweat.

• Participant
        Jack Lapton on #2623

Yeah, I've lost count of the really nice shirts I've had to throw away. I just wear cheap cotton shirts now and accept they'll be discarded after a few wears.

Anil Shah on #5622

Greetings,

There are a variety of techniques to decrease sweating under the arms:

• Botox- Botox is helpful in that it can decrease the production of sweat but not odor.  It typically lasts about 6 months in the under arm area.
        • Miradry-  Miradry uses microwave energy to destroy apocrine and eccrine glands.  It is better at eccrine gland destruction than apocrine and is currently only used on the underarm area.
        • RF needling- Can be used anywhere on the body and can destroy both apocrine and eccrine glands.  Has become the procedure of choice in my practice for hyperhidrosis due to its effectiveness.
        • Nerve ablation-Not commonly performed anymore as side effects are often worse than treatment and effectiveness is often limited.
        • Oral medications- Too many side effects to be effective.
        • Topical medications- Works by blocking glands.  Many patients state how not effective mechanism.

Anil Shah on #5624

Hello.
        There are a variety of techniques to decrease sweating under the arms:

• Botox- Botox is helpful in that it can decrease the production of sweat but not odor.  It typically lasts about 6 months in the under arm area.
        • Miradry-  Miradry uses microwave energy to destroy apocrine and eccrine glands.  It is better at eccrine gland destruction than apocrine and is currently only used on the underarm area.
        • RF needling- Can be used anywhere on the body and can destroy both apocrine and eccrine glands.  Has become the procedure of choice in my practice for hyperhidrosis due to its effectiveness.
        • Nerve ablation-Not commonly performed anymore as side effects are often worse than treatment and effectiveness is often limited.
        • Oral medications- Too many side effects to be effective.
        • Topical medications- Works by blocking glands.  Many patients state how not effective mechanism.

Viewing 6 reply threads
Reply To: Excessive Underarm Perspiration Concern/Questions
Your information:

Skip to toolbar