Footwear for Hyperhidrosis

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

• Participant
        Plastic Pete on #969

A place where we can talk about everything related to footwear and hyperhidrosis. Feel free to list your favourite types of shoes, or even socks…

Around the house and neighborhood, my favorites are apsorbent flip-flops. The magical material here is FitFOAM – it apsorbs the sweat perfectly and eases the problems I have with sweaty feet. They are typically manufactured by Adidas, but I think other brands might have similar variants as well.

Another great brand is GEOX – something that definitely let's my skin breathe and the best thing: the shoes dry off super fast. They feel as if I'm wearing sweat pads on my soles, haha. 😀

• Participant
        jessie on #976

Does special footwear help with the odor? Or how do you deal with that?
        These brands look good, btw. I see some of these sell on Amazon, so I might as well give it a go… Although I typically don't like buying shoes online, it's a different story with flip-flops. Not that many worries about buying the right size with them. 😀 And I suppose that wearing super light footwear reduces heavy sweating.
        Still, I'd only consider flip-flops if there's a way to be sure all odor is neutralized. :/

• Participant
        Sean M. on #982

Plantar hypohidrosis or not, I recommend mesh sneakers to everyone! I mean, even to my non-heavy-sweating friends in real life who dislike wearing sneakers in hot weather.

I personally don't have sweaty feet problems in particular, but I believe that mesh sneakers will also work great (even better) for those sweating a lot in that area. Many brands make various mesh sneakers for men and women; some of these are warmer and have thicker material with micro-holes in the mesh, while others are super light – I recommend the latter.

• Participant
        Zoey Q on #993

Will this stuff stop my sweaty feet from getting slippery? I reeeaaally need that! :mrgreen: Yet I bet this footwear is all super special and who knows if my parents would give me the cash to buy a pair. 😐 😕
        Hmm, should be able to afford flip-flops, however. It would be a lifesaver, since I hate wearing socks in the summer. Now if only I can find a pretty pair… :mrgreen:

• Participant
        Plastic Pete on #1027

Well, yeah, as the name says, absorbent flip-flops absorb sweat, helping your sweaty feet to dry off faster than usual. They won't neutralize excessive sweating, but they shouldn't be slippery either. 😉 And flip-flops are a good choice for this time of year. I hope you'll find a perfect and affordable pair for yourself. 🙂

• Participant
        Zoey Q on #1029

Heh thanks… I asked because I wasn't sure just HOW absorbent they are. Then again, it doesn't really matter, because my excessive sweating isn't THAT bad. I mean, I don't walk in puddles or anything. Luckily. YET. I hope I can keep it that way, so these advices are much, much appreciated! 😀 😎

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: Footwear for Hyperhidrosis
Your information:

Skip to toolbar