Hand Lotions and Iontophoresis

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

• Participant
        Casper on #1096

To elaborate on the title: when the skin on your hands gets dry, how do you treat it? What hand lotions or creams are the best for this problem? The hand lotion I'm currently using is helping me, but I'm sure I could find something even better (e.g. that helps my skin heal faster, is less greasy, etc.)

To make things worse, my hands still sweat sometimes, and the combination of antiperspirants, sweat and tiny skin cracks makes my hands painfully irritated… I love iontophoresis, it's really effective, but I would to learn the best way around these annoying side effects. Thanks!

• This topic was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by Rohit.
      • Participant
        Wallace Trent on #1289

In general, any 1% hydrocortisone hand cream should be good! 🙂 I suggest you try several creams and find the one that works best for you.

First get the cream, then pause with iontophoresis treatments (and maybe even antiperspirants) until your skin heals. Use the cream regularly and resume the treatments. I believe the regular use of a cream or hand lotion should protect your hands from damage in the future. Good luck!

Also, try adjusting the settings of your iontophoresis machine. Ideally, you should feel no need to use antiperspirants on your hands.

• Participant
        Linda Jackson on #2814

Mostly my skin becomes dry and rough in winter, so I prefer to use body lotion and also use oil for my skin.

• Participant
        Linda Jackson on #2815

Mostly my skin becomes dry and rough in winter, so I prefer to use bod lotion and also to use oil for my skin.

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Hand Lotions and Iontophoresis
Your information:

Skip to toolbar