miraDry for palms and feet – (im)possible?

Posted In: MiraDry Forum

• Participant
        Casper on #1689

What do you think: will miraDry EVER become a possibility for palmar hyperhidrosis? Or at least for plantar hyperhidrosis?

Personally I have sweaty palms, so I am interested in potential palmar treatments. Currently I have good enough time treating sweaty palms with Hidrex iontophoresis machine, but I would not mind a permanent hyperhidrosis cure in the future. 😉

With the microwave technology behind miraDry, do you think it's scientifically or medically or biologically even possible to ever have a miraDry variant for palms?

I know this is not available yet, but I am talking about future possibilities… I can wait a couple of years. 😉

• Participant
        Steve on #1690

I did some decent amount of research on miraDry a while back, and unfortunately, now it definitely is not an option for sweaty hands.

To make things simple, I looked up a clear explanation online. Here is the link.

The surgeon basically says that in order to treat your sweat glands, miraDry first uses vacuum to separate your skin from your sweat glands. The nerves, blood vessels and bones of your hands and feet are too close to the skin and cannot be separated with the vacuum. So, it is impossible to perform miraDry on those areas.

My guess is that in this form, miraDry will never be able to treat palmar hyperhidrosis. But I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with some entirely different technology to achieve that! Stay optimistic, technology is moving fast forward so you never know what hyperhidrosis cure could come up tomorrow. 🙂

-ruther on #6772

Hi,
        Yeah I may be just a little 15 year old girl but this problem has been haunting me for a long time. I have tried three deodorants but none of them work. My mom is too cheap to give me quality deodorant so I am stuck. I see all of the other girls with cute outfits, but if I wear that then everyone can see my sweaty armpits. I have to where t- shirts coz they don't show my sweat as bad. Is there any way I can join the other girls with cute outfits. I am recently thinking that I might purchase a product such as undershirt or patches or maybe trying this miradry treatment that can hide minimally my sweats and help me. Need some suggestions. Thanks.

-ruther

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: miraDry for palms and feet – (im)possible?
Your information:

Skip to toolbar