miraDry

Posted In: MiraDry Forum

• Participant
        Tim Fleiss on #986

Once upon a time, I was reluctant to choose this to be my first serious hyperhidrosis treatment, since it was still fairly new and felt as if it's “in development”. Now, two years after it's been approved by FDA, I feel this is something that could prove to be a great alternative to Botox treatments.

Given that I'm strongly considering miraDry these days, I would love an open discussion about its (dis)advantages. Pro vs Cons and all personal inputs are more than welcome… let's figure out if this thing is worth the money! (And to be honest, it is fairly expensive :()

• This topic was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by Rohit.
      • Participant
        Leons on #987

Fairly expensive? It seems to me it's more like.. jaw-dropping costly! If I'm not mistaken, you can consider yourself lucky if you spend less than 2 or 3 thousands of dollars. 😯

To be fair, I don't know very much about miraDry, so maybe it's worth it. Did anyone stop excessive sweating this way? How long did the effects last?

• Participant
        Steve on #988

@ Tim
        Heh, you forgot to add one important thing: miraDry is currently used only to stop underarm sweating. Not everyone knows that… Given that I have axillary hyperhidrosis, I've been researching miraDry as well. As of now I am not sure if I really need a strong procedure like that… maybe someday.

@ Leons
        miraDry is supposed to be a real hyperhidrosis cure – and I stress, cure. If it permanently solves the problem, the price is okay.

• Participant
        Leons on #1067

All right, that's true – a price has more sense if this hyperhidrosis treatment offers a permanent solution. It's still a new procedure however, so I doubt anyone can guarantee a 100% success rate. And what about the possible side effects? If all turns out to be good in a few years miraDry could be a real deal – I'll give you that.

• Participant
        Steve on #1068

If all turns out to be good in a few years miraDry could be a real deal

My sentiments exactly. A permanent hyperhidrosis cure without a hyperhidrosis surgery, that's what we need. And underarm sweating is especially tricky with underarms being so sensitive… Ah what am I saying, it's equally bad wherever you sweat. =)
        Anyway, back on topic – as I said, miraDry – maybe someday. Not my cup of tea just yet.

• Participant
        Tim Fleiss on #1160

Seems like we might get detailed information about miraDry from the company itself!
        Our webmaster wrote to them and is trying to conduct an interview that might shed more light on the specifics of this hyperhidrosis cure.
        See more information here: http://hyperhidrosisnetwork.com/miradry-talk-to-hyperhidrosis-patients/

I would love to hear more about miraDry… with some luck it might help me get rid of armpit sweat for good.

carly on #6438

good day
        MiraDry treatment can reduce both sweating and odor, it destroys sweat and odor glands in your underarms area effectively and safely. MiraDry treatment takes only one to one and a half hour ­­to perform. For more precise treatment, the process begins by placing the tattoo-like sheet on each of your underarms area which helps target the odor and sweat glands as they aren’t visible on your skin. This was a really great treatment and i was so amazed truly effective. Must try it.

ethan on #6511

I just had my first MiraDry session two days ago. Fortunately (and surprisingly) the healing process has accelerated with very little swelling or downtime. In about 11 days, I was invited to attend to a sweat lodge spa experience. I wasn’t sure if it is advisable to put my underarms through such an intense mix of heat and sweating considering I am still in the two week post procedure window. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Sweating is a normal way for the body to hydrate itself. But excessive sweating in a cool in the office is another story. People sometimes can't relate with this as an actual problem because they have never lived a day where they couldn't control about how much they sweat a day. And that is a problem. The bottom line is that it is unattractive. And that can make you insecure. Not to mention that you are always uncomfortable in clothes. What I noticed that helps is finding a antiperspirant that has a average amount of aluminum. Too high and sure you clog up the pores, but you run the risk of getting rashes and a burning feeling as a negative side affect for your hyperhidrosis treatments. Get one that is too low and you still have to deal with the excessive sweating, except now you have pit stains because when you mix aluminum with sweat, they stain your cloths. But, someone with uncontrollable sweating needs to try all types of brands and ideas, because something will work for you. All you have to do is don't give up on your hyperhidrosis treatments.

Catherine on #7905

Just today I had my procedure. Oh, by the way, I was told not to shave my armpits three days prior to the procedure. So the nurse cleaned my armpits and applied a seem like temporary tattoo. Then injected the lidocaine around five sticks per arm and they weren’t too bad.
        After the injections, she gave me some ice packs to put under my arms. We then proceeded with the Miradry. I literally felt nothing but warmth, not burning hot or anything though. All were pretty tolerable. It feels weird with your pits being numb. I took some ibuprofen when I left.

Viewing 8 reply threads
Reply To: miraDry
Your information:

Skip to toolbar