Shocks during Iontophoresis treatment

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

William on #2077

Hey,
        I just bought a fully automatic Iontophoresis machine.
        The reason I bought this machine is because there is only this particular one available in my place.
        Well, it has 4 buttons, one for palms, one for feet, one for armpits and the other one is turn on/off.
        When you hit the palms/feet/armpits button, it automatically lasts for 15 minutes.
        The problem is that it shocks me 3 times during the 15 minutes treatment. One light one at first, and two other ones at the half and the end. These 2 shocks are somehow powerful that my hands would get out of the pans for an instance and I can feel the shock even at my elbows.
        So, I searched the net and I couldn't find anyone else with the same problem.
        What do you guys think? Is it normal?
        Aren't these shocks harmful?
        Please answer… I really need to know the answer.
        Sorry for the long question…

• Participant
        Wallace Trent on #2089

I am sorry, but I don't think that this is normal, especially if the shocks are as intense as you describe them to be (like jolting your hands out of the water).

Can you set the current to lower settings, or is everything completely pre-set and automatic, as you describe it? Iontophoresis for sweaty hands can cause some pain if your skin is damaged in places, or if your settings are too strong, but I don't remember hearing about genuine shocks.

If it is of any comfort, though, I am pretty sure that these small shocks shouldn't be particularly harmful, but I can imagine that they might get more dangerous if they get stronger or if they happen all the time. What areas do you treat with iontophoresis? Do you only have sweaty hands or is your hyperhidrosis spread to other areas as well? I wonder if you would experience the same type of shocks during an iontophoresis treatment for feet…

And your question is not long, feel free to ask more stuff! 🙂

mel mda on #5430

Hi, I have also had the same issue in the past where I would get shock when removing my hands and feet from the past and even moving a little would give me a shock and this has held me back from purchasing the machine. I'm not sure if it was the machine or me. Have you changed your machine and seen any improvements?

King on #5635

I have been using Hidrex for almost 6 months and yes, I am experiencing electric shocks during my treatment. I tried to be as still as possible and not to move my hands, feet or any part of the machine. Sometimes a very strong electric shock that makes my hands literally started trembling makes me want to stop the treatment altogether. Any ideas or same experience?

Phet on #5655

I have been using Hidrex for almost 6 months and yes, I am experiencing electric shocks during my treatment. I tried to be as still as possible and not to move my hands, feet or any part of the machine. Sometimes a very strong electric shock that makes my hands literally started trembling makes me want to stop the treatment altogether. Any ideas or same experience?

TIA

Julio on #5959

I just bought a hidrex machine and I'm ready to return it. I suffer from craniofacial Hyperhidrosis but the two shocks I've received have been intense. I use the face accessory so the shock goes straight to my head. I was even seeing green for like 30 seconds after the second shock. This does not feel safe at all and I'm ready to return my machine. I'm bummed cuz I've read of how effective this is but I should not have to withstand shocks like those. I'm gonna keep using Face Saver gel.

• Participant
        Twinkle on #2088

What is the name of your iontophoresis machine? Usually iontophoresis for hyperhidrosis should be without any shocks, but I don't understand what you mean by “automatic” iontophoresis… From the way you describe it, it doesn't sound like any of the devices I heard of. Unfortunately, it's possible that the device you bought is simply not good, and that's why you are getting electro shocks. :/

Maybe there is a way to order a better machine online? I don't know what your location is, but perhaps you could get a better iontophoresis machine through a reseller – people frequently sell their used machines.

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: Shocks during Iontophoresis treatment
Your information:

Skip to toolbar