Sunscreen and facial sweating

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

• Participant
        JennyDale on #1030

Help! I can't keep the darn sunscreen on my face… 😥 (And of course this means I can't use make up at the moment either…but that doesn't matter so much at the moment.)
        Anyway, whatever I do, it all turns into a big mess. Thing is, usually I stay indoors around noon, but for the past week I've been very busy, running errands in midday sun. Since I get sunburn easily, I need to wear sunscreen on my face – but this is making my head sweating much worse.

I'm using a light Nivea face lotion with SPF 20. Any suggestions for something sweat-proof?

Elena V. on #1034

Did you ever try Neutrogena sunscreen in spray? It seems to be made of sterner stuff… or at least I can use it successfully: it remains in place even when my head sweating gets bad. Naturally, I don't actually spray it on my face, but apply it with my fingers instead.
        I'm sure there are other sunscreens tailored to endure excess sweat, though, so someone else might have a better idea.

• Participant
        Steve on #1088

Make sure to always apply the lotion a lot earlier before you go out – stay in a cool place (like at home with your air condition turned on) to make sure your face won't sweat too much (or at all!) and wait until your sunscreen lotion completely dries off. And I stress completely! And then wait some more. 😆 And then go out.

With this, sunscreen should stay on your face longer even if you're experiencing head sweating. Good luck! 😉

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Sunscreen and facial sweating
Your information:

Skip to toolbar