Excessive Sweat and the Couch Problem!

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

• Participant
        Lucas on #2207

Any ideas how to deal with the excessive sweat on the couch and the chairs?

I recently threw my old couch, the surface of which was made of fabric that was nearly impossible to wash and made me very warm and sweatier than usual. After that, I bought an eco-leather couch that is super easy to clean and wash, but I overlooked one awful thing: sitting on a leather-like synthetic surface like that is TERRIBLE for anyone with hyperhidrosis. Skin cannot breathe, and it's like I'm glued to the couch, and I sweat like there's no tomorrow. And I'm not even one of the people who suffer from truncal excessive sweat!

I tried covering the couch with the sheet, but it didn't help much. I really can't toss away a new couch, so what do you suggest? How do I stop it from enhancing my excessive sweat problems? Overall, how do you cover the chairs and similar furniture to make them hyperhidrosis -friendly?

• Participant
        Brittany Davidson on #2215

Nooo! What were you thinking? Eco-leather and leather and any materials of the sort are the worst thing for any hyperhidrosis patients. Heck, even people who don't suffer from excessive sweat start sweating profusely when sitting on such chairs and couches…

How about you cover the couch with one thicker layer of material that will allow your skin to breathe, but then also cover that with another layer: a sheet of some cool natural material that minimizes your excessive sweat. You will need a sort of barrier between yourself and the couch, it needs to be thick but cooling, so I think that 2-layers of couch cover would work best. Cash out some money and get the upper layer made from some expensive hyperhidrosis friendly material. Use the same for chairs too.

EavrEmari on #25587

how to dispose of prescription drugs canadian pharmacy domperidone https://pharmacyday5.com/

Cherry on #27676

Had covid infection and it makes me sweat a lot. That anybody here experience the same?

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Excessive Sweat and the Couch Problem!
Your information:

Skip to toolbar