A Question for Hyperhidrosis Network Members!

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

Elena V. on #1920

Calling all Hyperhidrosis Network members!

Please tell us how it feels to be a member of this hyperhidrosis community. ๐Ÿ™‚

If you need some guidelines, consider theseโ€ฆ

– Do you feel that being a part of Hyperhidrosis Network helped you in your fight against excessive sweat? How in particular?

– Do you find hyperhidrosis treatment tips and options found here useful? Are there any you would like to add? (If yes, please post away!)

– What do you value the most about Hyperhidrosis Network? Is it the information on the website, or is it the community itself? Or maybe something else?

Can't wait to hear your feedback! Please don't feel obliged to stick to my guidelines/questions, and of course any ideas for improvement are always welcome. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Participant
        JennyDale on #1931

I love being a member of this community! It helped me a lot to be able to freely express all my fears and problems related to hyperhidrosis – and especially facial excessive sweat. It feels good psychologically, being able to vent sometimes. And yes, I learned a lot of great tips on this website, and I learned even more about iontophoresis for hyperhidrosis – a treatment that I probably wouldn't think of otherwise. And I also love sharing tips – like those on antiperspirants – because it feels good to be useful – it makes me feel that at least something good has come out of my excessive sweating.

And last but not least – the people here are very friendly and nice and supportive! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• Participant
        Tim Fleiss on #1932

I was mostly drawn by neat informative articles on the website. I think they offer an excellent overview of all topics related to hyperhidrosis.

I also joined to explore various treatment options โ€“ and I think I succeeded in figuring out the ideal hyperhidrosis treatment for my specific set of sweating problems. And it was interesting to hear of new things โ€“ e.g. miraDry. I like keeping an eye on Hyperhidrosis Network to keep up with the news and to hear about new hyperhidrosis treatment options.

The community itself is very warm and friendly, and offers another important aspect โ€“ the advice of many fellow hyperhidrosis patients themselves. There's power in numbers, so I'm glad that we stick together. Excessive sweat doesn't stand a chance. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Belle Rhine on #3697

Yes I am a member and I love being one! I am sweating excessively and in this community I can be able to express all my fears and problems, and I got some advices also. I learned a lot of tips and tricks to overcome depression due to hyperhidrosis, and also got some tips on treatment. I also joined some other online community out there and I would say that the people here are lot more supportive and active as well. I love listening, or reading rather, to other memberโ€™s experiences on the different treatment they have gone to, and I always participate in the discussions.

Lindac on #8154

Hi,

I am a silent reader here and this is my first time to post comment. This community somehow helped me in managing my sweating. I feel I am not alone in this fight. Excessive sweating is something you never truly get used to. It's a constant frustration that can not be forgotten. I've never really talked to anyone, not even my family. Unless someone has dealt with it themselves, they can't really understand and that makes talking about it difficult. Thankful I found this site. I have tried the natural ways in fighting excessive sweating. Somehow it helped me. Just haven't tried the pricey one like botox. Thanks for the tips anyway.

Linda C.

Denisss on #8999

I also overcame excessive sweating, it was a challenge to overcome them forever. I was tempted to iontophoresis treatment, before it was not available to me I tried to cope with other methods that helped only for a moment, my still sweaty armpits needed something stronger. I used electro antiperspirant, I don't know if anyone knows this product, but you can believe me, it's really good for battle with sweating.

Laurel on #24746

Hi. I am a 25 year old. I would say that I do generally sweat a lot more than the average person, such as when I exercise. I've been having episodes for the past few years however where I will start profusely sweating throughout my whole body when I am in random social situations. I will be standing somewhere and all of a sudden it's like a nerve gets triggered or something and causes the sweating. It is really embarrassing. It will usually only last 5 minutes or so and then it will evaporate and it won't happen again for a while or at least that day. It could be anxiety related but still I wouldn't think that anxiety could cause the amount that I sweat when this happens. Sweat will literally start dripping from my face and neck and I can feel sweat running down my stomach and back. It is crazy. Does this sound like hyperhidrosis or something else? Any advice?

Joey on #24747

I'm not sure if this is normal or if it has occurred to anyone else. I've noticed a dripping sweat from one of my armpits that looks like water. I'm a sweaty person, but this has never happened to me before. I'm not sure when it started, and I've looked everywhere for answers. If anyone could please assist me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Hannah T on #25380

Hello,
        I've suffered with hyperhidrosis since I was about 8, I'm now 28 so a solid 20 years, it's mainly my hands and feet which are really bad. I can't wear any kind of summer shoe and I often had to sit on my hands to try disguise the sweating when I was in school/college, they usually drip with sweat when I'm driving or really nervous but in humid weather they non stop sweat so it's always been annoying. I've tried pretty much everything you could imagine, all the recommended sprays/lotions but they probably made about a 5% difference, I had an Iontophoresis Machine for a while but again it didn't do much to help, I also had botox in my hands about 8 times, once a year since I was about 18, it was the only thing that actually made a real noticeable difference but it only lasted 3 months and was so painful and really expensive. I finally went to the doctors who referred me to the dermatological department who finally recommended I try a drug called Pro-Banthine, I was unsure at first because the side affects sounded quite severe but it's honestly changed my life, its the only thing has finally worked, I have dry hands and feet all day now. It does give you a dry mouth/throat but it it's bearable for me, I wish I tried it sooner, its been a game changer. I'd recommend if you've exhausted all other paths, for me its the only thing that has worked for me long term. Hope this helps someone ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 reply threads
Reply To: A Question for Hyperhidrosis Network Members!
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar