Anti-perspirant help!

matthew_h on #17150

Silly topic I know – but pretty much all the anti-perspirant I use ends up wrecking my t-shirts by forming hard, crusty areas under the arm pits. It doesn’t seem to wash out either. Eventually I have to throw them out.

Can anyone recommend any that washes out easily and works?

Remond on #17508

Here’s how to apply antiperspirant to ensure you’re getting the best, most effective results:

Take a shower at night. Cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser to remove any sweat, dirt, or grime from your skin. If you have sensitive skin or have recently shaved, use an antiperspirant that is designed to be gentle on skin.

Dry your skin completely. After showering, towel off and allow your skin to dry. For better drying and to prevent extra moisture on your skin, leave your steamy bathroom and apply antiperspirant in a less humid room.

Apply a thin layer of antiperspirant to your skin. Overdoing it won’t make your antiperspirant more effective, a thin layer is all you need. Apply antiperspirant to armpits and anywhere else you’re worried about sweat. But—avoid any body parts with a mucous membrane such as your mouth, eyes, and genitals.

Optional: Apply another thin layer when you wake up in the morning. If you naturally sweat a lot or would like a fresh burst of scent, apply another layer of antiperspirant in the morning.

Paul Smith on #20479

I had exactly the same issue and it ruined some of my best t-shirts. I tried letting it dry before getting dressed, woke up earlier and bathing earlier than usual so I won't be late at work. I also tried applying the night before and different brands but it still happened.

I now use DriClor which has solved the issue completely. I apply it before bed and it lasts for ages. You need to build it up early days so every night but soon you only need apply every few weeks.

I then just use a deodorant to smell nice and they don’t leave the crusty white stuff.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Anti-perspirant help!
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar