Antiperspirants in the long-term

Ross on #5842

Why is it that antiperspirants don't seem to work after some time? And do you guys have any ideas how to mitigate this?

Ivet on #5877

Hai ROSS,

Antiperspirants aren’t just for your underarms. You can use them on your hands and feet, too, as well as along your hairline to help with facial sweating. It can help to gently massage the antiperspirant into your skin. The spray kind works well for sweaty feet.And your antiperspirant isn't just for the morning, either. Studies show that it’s best to put it on twice a day — once in the morning and again just before bed. If you put it on only once, it’s more helpful to do it before you go to bed.

If over-the-counter antiperspirants don’t work, your doctor can prescribe something stronger. It’s a good idea to test any new antiperspirant on a small area first to see if it bothers your skin. Antiperspirants plug up your sweat ducts, telling your body to stop making sweat in those areas. Don’t get these mixed up with deodorants, which only mask odor and don’t stop the sweat.

juaquin on #6418

hai
        Wow, i am certainly not alone. I have suffered with excessive sweating since I was a teenager, I'm now 30. All this time I was extremely embarrassed about it & like most of the other people who have experienced I tried really hard to hide it. I didn't realize how common it is. I have been using antiperspirant. But so far it didn't work. Don't give up there are solutions to this common problem. For now i am just being honest about it and seek help a trusted persons. If some of the product don't work or a similar product doesn't work ask your doctor for help. Good Luck.

maria on #6492

hello
        I was seen by the doctor today for hyperhidrosis – never did I know there was a treatment for it. Anyways, I sweat profusely and overheat in an instant. The sweat starts on my head and pours down my scalp, neck, and face! My pits are always wet even though I slather myself up with antiperspirant. BUT since i have been doing the alternative treatment. I haven't sweat for two weeks and my life has completely changed. I can now shake peoples hands, write in books and not have the pages turn yellow and I can actually put gloves ON!!!! My life has changed forever, and I will never ever be happier. hope this would help.

aizel on #6493

I've been suffering from sweaty palms and feet since childhood as it runs in the family. I'm now 23yrs old and just found out about itSDRI UNDERSHIRT 3 weeks ago. I immediately purchased and use it asap , i am so glad that it is so effective and i sweat less. I would gladly trade my deo-antiperspirant side effects to this undershirt be confident and dry. Hope this helps :-)”

geil on #6860

If you're experiencing excessive underarm sweating, ordinary over-the-counter deodorants won't work, no matter how often you apply them. You might have some area success with antiperspirants that have a high concentration of aluminum chloride, which binds to, and therefore blocks, sweat glands, but at times even that isn't enough. It is much better if you will go to your doctor or physicians to ask for some effective advices and tips in helping to reduce the sweats.

Jonna on #7556

Just always wash your armpit, me, I don't mind washing my armpit three times a day, so I don't have to apply anything on armpits. Armpits have eccrine glands that do release toxins that kidneys can't! Though those toxins aren't necessarily carcinogens, still it's best not to alter normal bodily function, and let it sweat out whenever needed.

Aly on #8110

Hey guys, are you aware that you can get cancer by using antiperspirant in the long run? Most breast cancers develop in the upper outer part of the breast — the area closest to the armpit, which is where antiperspirants are applied. So better be careful.

Shane Lance on #8332

Hi to all. I have been using natural deodorant these days. However, 40-45 days passed and I still smell. So I switch to OTHER natural deodorant but it doesn't seems to work again. I understand that the transition to natural deodorant can be a process. So the question is, should I wait 30 days again to detox again with this new natural deo? Or should I switch to another natural deo again?

Beverly on #9689

Hi Aly,

I am using antiperspirant ever since I had my period! That was twenty five years ago! I am still using it to prevent body odor and sweating. I also tried different brands, just for the sake of exploring which one best suits me. So far in my twenty five years of using it I did not have, or feel any side effects. I do not think it was the cause of cancer of any kind. So you do not have to worry while using it. You can use it anytime you want. I prefer applying at night for best results.

-Beverly

Viewing 9 reply threads
Reply To: Antiperspirants in the long-term
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar