Choosing your best antiperspirant for sweats

viola on #6671

Everyone sweats. During high-intensity workouts, like sprint intervals or steep mountain hikes, it seems to gush from our every pore, soaking clothing, matting hair and giving faces a not-so-sexy shine. But you don’t have to tolerate the stench. Antiperspirant deodorants have been proven to reduce or altogether stop underarm sweating. However, If you are using a deodorant; deodorant alone cannot stop sweat emanating from the underarm. Choose a deodorant with antiperspirant. Regular antiperspirants block odor but they don't reduce sweating. Antiperspirants contain aluminum-based compounds that block sweat. Solid, gel and roll-on versions all work as long as they contain antiperspirant. The best antiperspirants for underarms have many advantages: they stop the formation of bacteria that causes body odor. They contain alcohol and antimicrobial agents that help to reduce bacteria. But there are some disadvantages too which may affect your health. So it’s best to look at the ingredients of antiperspirants for safe used.

joshua on #6708

I have been suffering from really bad sweat patches under my arms. I find it so hard to cope. I tend to keep my coat on all day if I can even through lessons because my problem is so bad. I Feel So Uncomfortable and I Just wish it would all go away. My mum has a thing about certain deodorants, she doesn’t like me using deodorants with aluminum in and to be honest I don’t know why? But I just need a solution that can help me I’m fed up now 🙁 It’s coming up for another months now and I would really like to be able to wear some nice clothes to school but NO I can’t because of this Fricke problem. My friends are always like “you must be hot with that coat on” “why don’t you take it off” And I would love to but I can’t 🙁 so if anyone has any use full tips then please please help me much appreciated 🙂

-joshua

miguel on #6759

Hi,
        I’m getting really upset because I Sweat A LOT under my arms and it shows through shirts, and had people laughing at me, and it’s almost impossible to hug a girl or be around one because I just feel really embarrassed. Drysol really helped me with my problem. It’s a liquid, all you do is apply it on at night time on clean and dry skin of course and you wash it off in the morning. You use your regular deodorant, you do this every second day and chances are you’ll never sweet again! You have to order it online or else you’ll need a prescription from your doctor. Hope this would help.

Dr wong on #7330

Well, I would advise that you choose a soft-solid formula, and make sure it's an antiperspirant, not just a deodorant. There's a BIG difference. Deodorants, on their own, don't prevent sweating, they just reduce odor by limiting odor-causing bacteria. Only apply antiperspirant to completely dry skin to avoid skin irritation.  If there is any sweat or water on your skin, when you apply the antiperspirant, you will create skin irritation and stinging, so it is best to dry your skin before applying. Remember, it is common to combine treatments to strike the best balance for your sweat management. Consider combining Botox injections with an antiperspirant, for example, for longer lasting effects.

Kurt on #7890

It depends on which part of your body is sweating excessively. For example, in managing sweaty feet, you will use aerosol antiperspirant products. Spray an antiperspirant on the bottom of your feet and in between your toes as a first-line treatment. Antiperspirant wipes are a convenient option for the feet as well as other body areas.

It is common to combine treatments to give the best balance for your sweat management. You may consider combining Botox injections with an antiperspirant, for example, for longer lasting effects. If you suffer from an annoyingly sweaty face, consider applying an antiperspirant along your hairline. But test the product on a tiny area of skin first to make sure that it won’t cause irritation.

If all else fails, your doctor can write you a prescription for a product stronger than those available over the counter.

Eddie G on #8183

Hi all,

I have some tips for choosing (and using) the best antiperspirant.

1. Always choose the soft-solid formula, and make sure it is not just a deodorant. Deodorants don't prevent sweating, they just reduce odor by limiting odor-causing bacteria. So look for the label “antiperspirant/deodorant”

2. Apply antiperspirant once in the morning and in the evening. If you are only going to apply once, then make it before you go to bed.

3. Apply antiperspirant to completely dry skin to avoid irritation.

4. It is best to combine treatments to achieve the maximum desired dryness. Consider combining Botox injections with an antiperspirant, for example, for longer lasting effects.

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: Choosing your best antiperspirant for sweats
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar