Does Iontophoresis Really Work?

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

Marnel Miranda on #8468

How effective is iontophoresis in treating excessive sweating? How does it work? How much does the treatment cost and what results can I expect? Sorry for the flooding question I am thinking this is the answer to my problem and I am planning of buying a machine.

Celine on #8515

Iontophoresis is effective in treating certain types of primary or focal hyperhidrosis but make sure you always consult with your doctor before beginning a regimen of iontophoresis treatments. Usually, the process is repeated three times a week in the beginning. After the initial treatment period when the desired level of sweat reduction is achieved, maintenance treatments must be continued. Patients are switched to a schedule of one treatment each week. To maintain effectiveness, treatments must be consistent and performed regularly before your sweating begins to return because iontophoresis for hyperhidrosis is not a permanent solution. Iontophoresis treatments in a doctor’s office is about $150 to $200 per session.

Denisss on #9007

each patient is individual but its working greatly. Using ionto you can calm down the sweat glands from excessive sweating for months. If you want to get really good ionto device, take a look for electro antiperspirant. It is my hero since 2017. Still best and saving me from this “wet” problem.

debbie on #9556

Yes, is working amazingly, the doctors will still prescribe pills or talking about botox, but the iontophoresis is the best.

Jeremy C on #19653

Iontophoresis is really effective in treating hyperhidrosis. It can really help with people suffering from excessive sweating, however, they need to undergo 20- to 40-minute treatment sessions several times per week until sweating decreases to a desirable level. At that point, treatments are scheduled less frequently, usually about once per week.

Iontophoresis treatments must be done regularly before sweating increases to maintain results. Most people with sports injuries undergo a handful of 5- to 10-minute treatment sessions over the span of a week or two to promote healing. After that point, physical therapy, rest, and proper nutrition will continue aiding the healing process.

Travis Blake on #22275

Hi, They recommend that to me for my hands and I will try the Dermadry device,soon.

Chelsea on #22243

Yes it does. Iontophoresis has been shown to be very effective in treating focal hyperhidrosis that involves the hands and feet.

Jack on #24441

I have tried yoga and adapting the way that I breathe and i can verify that it has helped me to keep my panic attacks about my sweating under control. But I still sweat excessively. Luckily, I have managed to control my palmar hyperhidrosis with Iontophoresis therapy. I do not feel like a failure when I am using the Idromed 5 PC device. Iontophoresis works for me and keeps my hands dry. You've got to do treatments everyday without being sure whether or not it's going to work for you. But I kept on with it and then therapy was successful, my hands were dry. Yoga and the breathing are very helpful for me in that they quiet me down and help me get deeply relaxed. I think that the yoga and the iontophoresis are mutually supportive therapies.

Katherine Wilson on #24863

Iontophoresis is most often advised to treat severe Hyperhidrosis.
        It is a process of sending mild electrical current to shut down your sweat glands with the use of a device while your hands and feet are soak in the water. It uses pads for other body parts.
        The treatment will be 2 to 3 times per week and will take around 15 to 40 minutes per session .
        Although there are lots of positive feedbacks, it is still best to consult first with your Doctor before trying this treatment.
        Your doctor's guidance is important when you are planning to buy any Iontophoresis device for your home treatments.

Hannah Olson on #27538

I’m 26, Female and I have had Hyperhidrosis in my hands and feet since my teen age years and it has a huge impact in my life. I have tried treating my Hyperhidrosis with oxybutynin and glycopyrrolate but I eventually stopped.
        It was about 2 years ago, when my Hyperhidrosis became so severe that it became unbearable and I couldn’t do my work. It pushed me to buy Dermadry machine and the rest is history.
        I can finally go to any nail spa, get my nails done without dying of embarrassment for the first time in my life. I was able to relax and somewhat control the sweating on the rest of my body.

Zeke Kiel on #27408

They are really worth it. I have had incredible success with my Dermadry. After just three weeks of use, my palms are completely dry!
        I used it for three weeks, gradually increasing the settings.
        Settings include the session length, current strength, type of current.
        Increase the voltage to make Iontophoresis machine more efficient, if a lower voltage setting is not working.
        Every session would take 20-40 minutes. And its efficacy may last up to 6 weeks.
        I only have moderate hyperhidrosis so I only did 3 sessions per week (Monday, Thursday and Saturday).
        Effectiveness can vary from one individual to another though. And please see and consult a doctor first before using any Iontophoresis machine.

Viewing 10 reply threads
Reply To: Does Iontophoresis Really Work?
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar