Don't overdo Botox

Cristane on #2211

One of our family' friends has sweaty hands, and three years back he went to treat his hands with Botox. He was really happy after that: his hands were sweat-free after the Botox injections, and at our lunches together, he kept pestering me to go for Botox myself. I was reluctant to do so, because I don't like needles…
        He, on the other hand (pun not intended!) repeated the injections when his sweaty hands hyperhidrosis returned once again, and Botox again stopped his sweating. Then, third time he went there, things didn't go so smoothly. His nerves weren't damaged by the injections themselves, but his hands felt a little numb, he said.

It turned out that he overdid it. The Botox hyperhidrosis treatment went well apparently, but maybe they used too much Botox or his system was not cleared from the previous treatment, and his hands felt numbed down for months… He said it was okay, but uncomfortable, and made writing with pen and similar tasks tricky at times.

All in all, he decided to do Botox again someday, but next time he'll make sure he only takes one Botox hyperhidrosis treatment per year. So what I'm saying is: Botox is fine, but don't overdo it!

King on #3445

Thank you for sharing. I am planning to undergo Botox and your post really helps a lot

Bob Washington on #3585

Thank you Cristane! I've undergone Botox, and yes, too much of a good thing, is a bad thing.

Peter P on #4174

BOTOX is injected into the skin to treat the symptoms of severe underarm sweating when medicines used on the skin (topical) do not work well enough in people 18 years and older. It is FDA-approved for excessive armpit sweating. It is something that for most patients antiperspirant or even prescription grade antiperspirant doesn’t do the job. The function of Botox is to minimize and block out the body’s sweat glands, anywhere from six months to one year.

For some people, it’s about keeping your gown dry on your wedding day. For 33 percent of the population, it’s about keeping dry every day of your life. While the botox is kind of expensive it really does do wonders but don't overdo it because you can inhibit your body's natural temperature regulation.

Jhamille on #4184

Hi! I am new here at Hyperhidrosis Network so please bear with me here! I have excessive perspiration. I sweat from my armpits, palms, feet, back, crotch, you name it! And it isn't just when it's hot or when I am exercising. I sweat when I am sitting still in class when it's chilly. My palms and feet are soggy just from writing this. I am not over exaggerating. I tried all of that Drysol, Botox and other medication stuff but none of it worked. The only thing that helped my hands is a Drionic machine that basically electrocutes my hands for half an hour each session. Shaking/holding hands is my biggest struggle right now. I do take prescription medicine and thankfully my sweats are under control most of the time.

Remee on #4429

I've never gotten Botox but someone I know gets it on her armpits so that she never sweats. It works for her so I guess it can be used to prevent sweating. It works great for hyperhydrosis. It can just be really pricey (Botox isn't cheap). My aunt also has that condition where her hands and feet sweat profusely, she gets Botox shots to stop it. I haven't heard of any risks. The only thing I hear all the time is the usual “Botox is bad for you”. But I don't understand why. lol

Jonas Cooper on #5918

Hi!!
          If you have excessive underarm or palm sweating or suffer from serious migraines, talk to your doctor about using Botox to cure these ills. It's been proven to diminish or stop excessive sweating, called hyperhidrosis. But Botox can lead to muscle atrophy and thinning if used repeatedly over short periods of time. Botox is used to paralyze and weaken the muscles it's injected to so that certain movements may not be made with that muscle. When muscles atrophy, each muscle cell is smaller than before, but the NUMBER of muscle cells remains the same. Any side effects are temporary and will gradually wear off with the Botox after 4-6 months.

ace on #6631

Hi,
        I sweat when I’m cold when I’m hot just whenever my underarms feel like it its embarrassing no one else in my class sweats I try to wear a jacket but it just goes right through and I can’t have a wide variety of shirt types because I will sweat and you can see it. I have sweat under my arms since I was around the age of 10. My mom says it will go away but it hasn’t and I’m sick of it and I’m too scared to try any of those treatments and other things you can do to prevent it. Do you have some recommendation? Please help :(. Thanks.

Bradt on #8228

Yes, that is the most important thing to keep in mind when considering Botox, do not overdo it by any means. It’s all about moderation. But even if you somehow end up with a botched procedure, your features will eventually return to normal. The best way to keep your Botox treatments moderate is by treating it like maintenance. Botox may get a bad reputation, but as long as it isn’t overdone, there’s no reason to be afraid of giving it a try.

Viewing 7 reply threads
Reply To: Don't overdo Botox
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar