Have you tried Iontophoresis? DId it work for you?

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

• Keymaster
        Rohit on #602

Please share your experience with Iontophoresis – did it work for you?

• This topic was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by Rohit.
      • Participant
        back fish on #746

Iontophoresis completely removed my sweating. It's great – it does work, and it is not as invasive as ETS surgery and compensatory sweating occurs far less often.
        However, make sure that you get a good device and buy it somewhere you get support! is a reliable website they also do have a forum specialized in Iontophoresis therapy

• This reply was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by Rohit. Reason: removed sales website address
          Michelle on #5249

Hi Twinkle, Has the iontophoresis machine worked for you? Keen to hear from you.

• Participant
        Wallace Trent on #797

It works for me!
        I have my own iontophoresis machine – an old analog Fisher. Currently I only use it for maintenance: once a week for my hands and twice a month for my feet. As far as I'm concerned this is the only hyperhidrosis cure I'll ever need.

It took me a few tries until I had successfully completed the initial series of treatments with my physician – I had to undergo treatments every 3 days for two weeks – but now I'm free of sweaty palms most of the time.

The only bad side effect is dry skin on my hands after the treatments. A decent moisturizing cream takes care of this.

• Participant
        Leb on #851

My hands are too sensitive for this, which is a real pity. I had this type of hyperhidrosis treatment twice and didn't like it. There was this uncomfortable tingling that freaked me out a little. Felt like I'm about to get electrocuted! 😕

To be fair, the skin around my fingernails is often damaged, so it is likely that this caused me discomfort. Also, iontophoresis was performed on me by an experienced friend who owns an iontophoresis machine. Maybe I should visit a real physician about this… yet somehow I'm repelled by the idea since my last experiences were bad.

• Participant
        Plastic Pete on #968

My doctor currently doesn't have an Iontophoresis machine so I'm in the process of looking for a place where I could rent one, or just try several treatments and see how effective Iontophoresis is for my plantar hyperhidrosis.

It seems to be one of a good hyperhidrosis cure for many who tried it, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. With some luck, I will have my first treatment soon. 🙂

• Participant
        Wallace Trent on #971

A fresh update: don't miss out on Robert's new post – this is a good overview of Iontophoresis machines on the market. 🙂

As I already said, I have a Fisher (older version, though). Not sure how good a home-made Iontophoresis machine is – some say these aren't as effective as the “real” professional ones. Hey, but I bet they can be useful if you don't know how to stop sweaty hands and your budget is low.

• Participant
        Rhonda Marcano on #973

My 9 year old daughter has been doing this treatment for a little over a year now and it has been a miracle for her. We initially tried the Fisher unit but she was too sensitive to it. We decided to buy a unit from Germany called Hydrex was a little expensive about $900 but for the level she needs to treat her hands and feet she doesn't feel any tingling or burning. It takes 20 min a day at first for about 2 weeks then only maintenance once a week. She is a gymnast so she gets cracks and rips on her hands all the time they suggested putting petroleum jelly on it before treatment and that works like a charm. This machine will last her well into her adulthood and we are very pleased that now she can go sweat free. She had such a severe case that her hand and feet always felt like she had just taken them out of a pool now bone dry!!! Definitely worth the money.

mel mda on #5428

Hi, I also wanted to purchase this machine however the only reason that has held me back is due to the fact that the machine didn't seem as helpful. After how long did you see results? I have also used a version of this machine where every time I would remove my hands or feet I would get an electric shock. Could it be that the machine I used was bad?
          Also how is your daughter doing now with hyperhidrosis now?

Holly Santee on #5438

What settings (voltage) did you use for your daughter? My daughter is 8 & is just now starting/ did for 2 weeks & only got dry for 4 days. Starting over now.

• Participant
        jessie on #977

That's so great how the treatment worked for your daughter! =) It never even occurred to me how hyperhidrosis can create serious problems for someone who engages in activities that strictly require dry hands – like gymnastics, for example…

I definitely want to try iontophoresis, from what I've read this seems to be the best method for curing sweaty palms and feet. However, I need to save up for an iontophoresis machine first. :/ I could get a cheaper one soon, but as you wrote, it's best to invest in a really good model that can last for years to come.

• Participant
        Leb on #1024

She is a gymnast so she gets cracks and rips on her hands all the time they suggested putting petroleum jelly on it before treatment and that works like a charm.

This is interesting – I never thought of that! Covering my hands with petroleum jelly sounds like something that could ease the sensitivity of my skin too… Because, the more I think about it, the more it seems to me that the problem wasn't in the iontophoresis machine I used, but in my sensitivity. I should also check with my friend and see what type of iontophoresis machine he used on me. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Hidrex… maybe I really should try Hidrex or some other high-end brand. 🙂

• Participant
        Twinkle on #1032

Nice to see that iontophoresis is turning out to be a hyperhidrosis cure for many. 🙂

And my story is this…
        Thanks to the annoying fact that I have sweaty armpits along with sweaty hands and feet, I've always felt iontophoresis will be a huge waste of time for me. Now, the older I get, the more tiring it is to treat excessive perspiration with nothing but strong antiperspirants. I mean, a good sweat block is awesome, but applying it every night and day is by now so tiring I might as well go ahead with the iontophoresis treatment.

So, now I'm ready to embrace this method. I'll let you know how it goes. 🙂

• Participant
        Melanie on #1059

I have Idromed 5 PC for about 5 months now, and I am satisfied. Things aren't perfect, but that's my fault – my schedule is hectic and I sometimes skip the treatments. That ruins the maintenance routine, and then I need more treatments, etc. And that's how it goes on and on chaotically. =D
        Still, when I use it properly, the iontophoresis machine itself works like a charm. =) I'll write more about it later if anyone's interested. =)

Andi on #4503

Hello,

If I may asked, how has the idromed 5 PC helped with your sweating? Did you experience any side effects with it? If yes, what are those side effects? I must admit I have very dry and sensitive hands, I have tried a lot of alternative treatments and I was wondering whether this would be the best option for me considering it uses a pulsed current. Also, which site did you purchase the machine from? I saw that it is available on sweating.com but I'm not sure if it is a reliable and safe site.

Thank you for your help.

-Andi

Ed on #2708

Yes! It works for me. I have the Drionic hand unit.

I've had two generations of the Drionic. The first one had a steady current that one could adjust for comfort. Because I wanted to run this unit as high as I could tolerate, I had to keep the treatment times to about 15 to 20 minutes on each hand.

The 2nd generation worked by varying the current as a slow wave. It starts out slow and then builds up to a peak. At its peak, it lingers and feels like it is oscillating for several seconds, then the wave slowly dies down. The cycle then repeats. On this unit, I can tolerate and run it for as long as 90 minutes for each hand.

I've found that if I run each hand for a total of 2.5 to 3 hours each, my hands stop sweating in about 3 days or so. I make sure that I get my DVD player to watch a nice long movie during sessions. I also found that using cold water works best for me.

In about 4 or 5 weeks, the sweating slowly starts again. If I start treatment right away, the treatment time is really short. If I wait too long for treatment, I have to use longer sessions.

The batteries are verrrry expensive. The unit I have was modified using a 9V AC adapter. But because I DO NOT want to have my body completing an electric circuit, I treat only one hand at a time.

Please understand, this is only my paranoia.

Jake on #2962

I started my self treatment 2 weeks ago. I already have dry hands and I love it. I started with 20 minutes per day for the first week, switching polarity at 10 minutes. my hands quit sweating by day 4. Now I'm doing 20 minutes every other day and plan to cut back further to see how long results last. I am using a 14.5v 60 mA wall adapter with the leads cut and soldered to alligator clips I picked up from an autoparts store. I attach each alligator clip to a baking tin and fill with warm tap water and add a teaspoon of salt to each to help with conductivity. I was pretty nervous to try it at first, but I'm glad I did. Feel free to message me @ [email protected] with any questions

Adam on #4355

Hi Jake,

I've just started using a home-made device using three 9v rechargeable batteries joined together with alligator clips connecting them to disposable alfoil baking tins. I've done two sessions of 20 minutes for hands and 20 minutes for feet, switching the clips to reverse the polarity at the 10 minute halfway time. I'm finding it hurts where I have cuts or abrasions so I might try using petroleum jelly or pawpaw ointment. But I have a dry hands sensation after only two sessions, so I'm feeling confident.

I'm finding the sensation of tingling is stronger and more uncomfortable on the hands than on the feet. I'm thinking of trying tap water for the hands and then adding salt to the water for my feet sessions, which feel as though they could take more current.

I wanted to ask, have you heard of any home-made solutions that would work for underarms? If the hands and feet treatments work as I hope they will, I'd like to continue using my cheap setup for underarms without having to buy an expensive device.

Thanks.

Ural Öcal on #3759

I bought one from sallmann germany for my armpits. The first theraphy worked for me. Loved it.

mel mda on #5429

Hi, I am also a hyperhidrosis sufferer. I have tried iontophoresis in the past however the main issue I had which has held be back from purchasing the machine is the fact that every time I would remove my hands and feet from the tin it would give me an electric shock and the nurse in the hospital said that this happens, so it wasn’t just me. Do you think it depends if it's a good machine and does this happen to you too?

Janna on #3810

When you grew up with hyperhidrosis, you end up learning lots of ways to hide your excessive sweating–which often means missing out on the fun things in life. I tried iontophoresis. My first treatment: I used the machine last night at a very low setting 10ma, this is because I cannot handle 15 ma as I am very small, about 108 pounds, and am very sensitive to things. I experienced some very disturbing side effects, and I wonder if this is normal, and if this has happened to anyone else. After I did the procedure for 15 min on my hands and feet at 10 ma, my heart started to beat abnormally fast. This affected my sleep and I was not able to sleep all night. In the middle of the night I got up, broke out in a cold sweat, and passed out. Could this be because of my size? I would very much appreciate your help, because I am concerned about this problem.

Tiara on #5913

Janna, Thank you for your post on this forum. I find it interesting that the first line of your post exactly mirrors the text of my blog since 2006:

When you grow up having hyperhidrosis, you end up learning lots of ways to hide your excessive sweating–which often means missing out on the fun things in life. It's time to stop hiding and start healing.

It is not a good feeling to visit a forum looking for tips to find my own writing posted under someone else's name. I am a professional health writer who has been doing this blog for no profit or professional advancement, as a public service to those who share my condition.

I've never hawked a product or accepted advertising. All I ask this community is that those who my writing, or the writing of other hyperhidrosis bloggers, avoid plagiarism by providing an appropriate credit/reference when you cite others' work. Thank you for considering my request and my sincere hopes to all of you that you find relief from this challenging condition.

Jody on #3864

I started losing hope for the iontophoresis because of the Drionic machine. The Drionic device did work for me, but, I started sweating on the back side of my hand & fingers. I became so frustrated that I stopped. But now that I tried Idrostar, it brings back my hope to cure my excessive sweating. That machine worked much better for me. My sweating is about 85% cured. I do the treatment once a week, around 10 sessions, but still my fingertips is sweating and my hands and feet is swelling when it’s extremely hot indoors? So the hyperhidrosis is still a problem for me, but still, improving.

• Participant
        Perry George on #3862

Does anyone have experience using iontophoresis on larger areas of the body such as chest and back? Any device brands that may be better suited for this purpose? Thanks, Perry

Saad on #3900

@Perry George

Excessive sweating of the back, abdomen, chest or other parts of the body rank among the less widespread forms of hyperhidrosis. But yes, I have used iontophoresis on my chest. It can be used to great effects on truncal hyperhidrosis. It is often performed to treat the torso (front or back) in cases of compensatory sweating. Unlike the treatment of excessive sweating of the hands or feet, these parts are treated in a slightly different way. There is a special adapter that is attached to the part you wish to treat. Mine is called Electro Antiperspirant.

You may need a pulsed current machine. Either the Hidrex PSP1000 or the Idromed 5PS. Direct current would be too fierce and a battery machine too low powered. As long as electrodes do not touch and are at least 2 cm’s apart, then there is no need to worry about shorting the machine. The treatment area will be that covered by the electrodes, so if the sweat issue covers a larger area you may have to re-position the electrodes over the course of treatment to ensure full coverage.

As with any area being treated for hyperhidrosis, response is generally very good, but individual results vary and some people just do not respond.

-Saad

Emily on #4501

I have done 4 days of iontophoresis treatment now and no change yet, but I remain hopeful!! My device doesn't tell me anything about changing the polarity half way through. Is this something that is essential for the efficacy of the treatment? I've been putting both hands in one tray and both feet in the other for 20 mins.

Mags on #5233

I've made myself a homemade iontopherisis machine. Onto day 2 now and already a HUGE difference. I've suffered with hyoerhydrosis for 47 years and tried everything, even surgery which worked on one hand but not the other. My hands and feet kiterally drip… I hate it! I highly recommend this method. I'm excited to see further results over the coming weeks.

Michelle on #5248

Hi there, has anyone used the Iontoderma iD-1000 please? We're keen to have a go on this one but is still putting it off as we are just hesitant. Have read up a bit on this and reviews seem to be good but not really sure if those reviews are legit. But we're quite keen to try this Iontophoresis machines for my daughter. Her hands and feet are like dripping and I can very well feel her frustrations. Hope to hear from anyone.
        Cheers,
        Michelle

Mags on #5262

Hi Michelle. As I said, I made my own machine after watching a video on YouTube, it cost around $30 and it truly works. I use a 12v battery attached to 2 alligator clips. I soak my hands for 10mins then swap leads and do another 10. My feet I do for 20 mins each. Both my hands and feet were dripping, I could not wear sandals and had to hide my feet in socks even in summer, I was so embarrassed. After day 1 my hands felt different, now neatly 2 weeks later my hands and feet are dry. I am now going to try just once a week and see how I go. I use petroleum jelly on nails and around wrists as it gets slightly sore but other then that there’s nothing to worry about. I am so happy I tried this method and highly recommend it.

Bill on #5378

Hi Michelle,

I grew up with hyperhidrosis all my life: hesitant to shake people's hands – even my own girlfriends (they would usually say “it's fine” while my hands would be streaming sweat). I don't want your daughter to go through what i did. So I suggest speaking to her pediatrician and seeing if they can recommend her to a dermatologist that does iontophoresis treatments.

If you don't have the time or money, search this site and you can find out how to make your own – it's very cheap – and try it for yourself. However, you are dealing with electricity here (regardless of how low the voltage is), so that is why i would prefer she try it with a physician first.

Good luck!

Lucinda on #5340

Hi Michelle,

I am just wondering if you have tried the Iontoderma now and whether it has worked for you? I am considering buying it. I would really appreciate any insights.

Thanks so much. 🙂

Katie on #5460

I have been using iontopheresis for about a year now and it has been life changing for me. I wish I had tried it sooner, I've tried other remedies such as Robinul, Botox, and Drysol and so far iontopheresis has given me the best results. I purchased the Idromed unit online.

I currently use 17ma, 15 minutes on one hand, then I change the polarities and do 15 minutes on the other hand. I also use Pellegrino water as I read it can work better if your water is too soft. I don't know if my tap water works or not to be honest because the Pellegrino has been working so I've been to scared to make the switch! When I first started it took nearly two weeks for my hands to get completely dry, fingertips being the last to dry up. It also got worse before it got better. However, once it started working my hands were BONE DRY in 100 degree weather, whereas before my hyperhidrosis was so severe it wont drip down my arms.

I still haven't figured out a perfect maintenance schedule as it's time consuming and I ultimately miss some days. I've found I require at least 2-3 days a week to maintain. If I skip more than that I basically have to start the whole process over and make sure to do another 2 straight weeks.

It's not perfect, but for me it's been a miracle as it's the first time in my entire life I've had dry hands. I also suffer from plantar hyperhidrosis but have not tried it for my feet yet. I hope this information is helpful for others, you are not alone in your suffering!

Kara on #5707

Has anyone experienced dizziness or being lightheaded during treatment? I tried iontophoresis for the first time today in a doctor's office and as soon as the polarity was reversed I became dizzy, light headed, nauseous, and had to take a break.

Muataz Al-Moadhen on #5795

I have been using the device for 14 sessions with 21v and 25v 20 and 30 min, my hands and feet are still same without any change. I don’t know how others said it is an effective way for treating sweaty hands and feet!!!
        Thanks

Laila on #5869

Where canni get the iontophoresis are there many companies i can copare prices and effectiveness please i need help…any information would help me a lot

Tiara on #5912

Hello, I have been using iontophoresis off and on for several years. When I stick to the recommended frequency, it is very helpful in reducing hand and foot sweat. I got my dermatologist to write a letter of medical necessity and it got covered by health insurance with a relatively small out-of-pocket payment. I highly recommend iontophoresis treatment for palmar and plantar hyperhidrosis. With patience and persistence it can be very helpful.

Respectfully,
        Tiara

Tiara on #5911

Hello, I have been using iontophoresis off and on for several years. When I stick to the recommended frequency, it is very helpful in reducing hand and foot sweat. I got my dermatologist to write a letter of medical necessity and it got covered by health insurance with a relatively small out-of-pocket payment. I highly recommend iontophoresis treatment for palmar and plantar hyperhidrosis. With patience and persistence it can be very helpful.

Respectfully,
        Tiara

akshay ortho on #6068

My foot pain was immediately relieved. I have plantars fasciitis. Because of this I've spent money on inserts. First inexpensive, and then better more expensive inserts. I purchased better shoes and sneakers. I've tried taping my foot. Doctors, stretching, exercises, etc.. etc.. However, I only got some relief. Nothing helped much or for long. Then I bought orthofeet sneakers. It has been life changing. My feet no longer hurt.

Don on #6146

Great forum, this is helpful info.

Does anyone have a more triggered form of hyperhidrosis? I do a lot of rock climbing and my hands/feet sweat a ton more during these activities than normal day to day. I can cover my hands in chalk and 30 seconds later they're wet again – it makes it very difficult to participate in the sport. After an hour in rock climbing shoes they are so soaked that they're at least a size larger. Even watching a video of someone rock climbing or thinking about it will trigger both my hands and feet to sweat.

I'd love to find a therapy that helps with this!

ELLSWORTH on #6209

I have had hyperhidrosis of the feet and palms for as long as I can remember. In 2013 I purchased the Hidrex Psp 1000. I never used it on my feet but it worked miracles on my palms. It took about two weeks of treatment and my palms were a 100 percent dry. I did maintenance treatments every Thursday and Sunday for 15 minutes at 32 and never missed a treatment. Fast forward 5 years later and the sweating started again on Friday and is now back to normal. I am doing the initial phase again but I am so discouraged. I did order new electrodes from Hidrex Usa, I had stainless steel plates and ordered new stainless steel plates hoping that these were the issue. Keep your fingers crossed for me, as I forgot how aggravating this condition can be! Hopefully a week or two with the new electrodes I will be dry again!

garreth on #6721

Hi,
        Ever since I can remember I have suffered with really sweaty hands. Also recently when I started my period my underarms have been sweating excessively. I have tried lots of different deodorants but nothing seems to work. I’m starting to feel really depressed and I don’t know what to do. The strange this is that I don’t smell when I sweat, I just get a massive sweat patch. I’ve kind of learnt to deal with my sweaty hands but it is still very embarrassing and I would appreciate any advice and help people can offer on fixing my problem. I just want to know why and how to stop it. Thanks.

Simon on #6890

Hi! I have sweaty hands and feet since I remember (but never had problems with sweaty armpits). During the summer I tried iontophoresis teraphy and it works really well for me. First hands and then feet.
        But there comes the problem… Now that my hands and feet are dry, my armpits have started to sweat… Does anyone have a similar problem? Feels like a sweat would find another way to go out of the body, strange…
        Thanks!

Simon on #6891

Hi! I have a problem which I didnt see anywhere in this conversation yet.. since my childhood I have problems with sweaty hands and feet. In september I did iontophoresis therapy and it really worked well for me.
        But now Im facing the strange situation… my amrpits started to sweat. I never had any problems with sweaty armpits, but now my shirts are completely wet in this area, really strange..
        Did anyone also had similar problems?
        Thanks!

Dani on #6962

I'm 35 and I have had extreme hyperhidrosis of my hands and feet my ENTIRE life. I recently purchased an iontophoresis machine from Dermadry. It has been a complete life changer. Side note : I don't work for them, I am not a youtube personality and I did not receive the machine for free so that I can advertise for them. NO not at all. I spent $300 for it, which by the way, required a doctor's prescription. I have been using it 5 times a week for 2 weeks and have seen a significant reduction in sweat. I have tried medications, topical creams, acupuncture and botox (very painful – 50 injections in each hand). All very ineffective and expensive. I also considered getting surgery to stop the sweating but after doing a lot of research discovered that it was very unsafe and most people who had it wish they hadn't. Anyways, I'm not one to post comments in forums at all but I want other people out there with this disability to know that this machine can and will change your life for the better. It's safe and effective. I feel like a new person.

Monica Crone on #7472

Hi Dani,

I am in the same boat. I have severe hyperhidrosis of my hands and feet. I bought the Dermadry machine (after trying everything else) and have been using it consistently for a month and have not noticed any results. How much water do you use in each tray? Do you add anything to the water? I don't want to give up on it yet, but it's so discouraging. Thanks!

Jessica on #7052

Glad to hear many other people like me found a cure! I was considering having a surgery. Even during winter, I couldn't control my sweating problem. I bought a Dermadry device 3 weeks ago and I can already see positive effects!

Bharadwaj Ramesh on #7062

Hi Guys,

I am a sufferer of Hyperhidrosis. Have it in the family. So I bought Iontoderma id-1000 last year. So my hands get dry for 6 months and the sweating starts after every 6 months. I think its because of the change of weather or change of location. So it definitely works. Atleast did for me when I had lost all hope for sweaty palms. In the first year it took me two weeks probably to see dry hands. I had to do the session daily, twice, initially I started out with less voltage gradually increased it and used 18v-25v for hands and used to keep my legs at 23-25v. This year its back again. I am at it, finished 8 sessions almost see my hands dry just need fingers to get dry but having redness after usage. Guys if you start seeing increase in sweating during the treatment that means the treatment is working and also make sure your using hard water which has minerals and calcium content is high. In case you have soft tap water in your area don't worry. By adding baking soda you can see results. So don't give up. Good luck. Just thought I'd share my experience.Hope it helps. Will update if I find anything interesting about my treatments.

Riya on #7071

Hi,

(This is a long comment) I have recently used iontophoresis treatment. I got it from a local vendor. It is absolutely true that this device works very well. However after 2 or 3 times you start sweating a lot. You will feel like it's getting worse. Don't worry after 4 or 6 times the sweating completely stops. After the sweating stops you can use the treatment once in 3 days then slowly reduce once a week and so on.

But there are side effects,
        Firstly, after 3rd time or so it hurts ur fingers cow some part of ur palm the skin would have started pealing so that part will hurt.
        Secondly, when ever you feel that trigger ( you know the time u know that ur gonna start sweating cos ur nervous) other part of your body starts sweating. Like ur back, neck, legs etc. good thing is your palm will not sweat. So thats alright I guess cos the amount you sweat on ur palm will be evenly distributed among your body.
        Thirdly, you will feel ur palms are weak. Cos of the current being passed, the nerves and sweat glands are paralyzed so you will feel ur palms are little weak. It's not much but you will know that it's become weak.

So overall, I will use this device as it's effective and good. Worth the money. I got it from 100 dollars.

Riya on #7072

It works after few sessions. But once the sweating of your palms stop. You will start sweating on other part of ur body like head, back, legs and neck. Also your palms will feel little weak cos the current passed through your palm will paralyze your nerves and sweat gland.

Andrew on #7089

I really recommend you DermaDry. It's best available tool on your problems

Abdul on #7694

Hi, I have tried and I achieved complete dryness of my hands for about two weeks. But I then started to taper off treatment and eventually went two to three days without treatment. My hands are now around 75% to 80% dry, and I have started to treat every day for 30 minutes to achieve dryness again using evian water. My question to you is whether doing up to one hour of treatment a day could potentially make the situation worse? or could it only help? I just ask because I have seen people who seem to try to treat for around an hour to two hours a day and they just say their sweating got worse.

diana on #8394

I just got the kit on Saturday and really wanted to do it daily but I decide to ask first to the support team of Fischer and no more then 30 minutes in total per hand and 30 minutes on feet. They said is not safe since you might get too dry skin. Steady every other day for the 1st month

Sara on #7714

Tips/questions

First off, if you are considering doing this, do it. I have severe hyperhidrosis In my palms and feet and I have literally tried everything. Botox three times, pills, lotions, drysol, and nothing has every worked even in the slightest.

I started Iontophoresis in July doing one treatment everyday for two weeks. I did one palm and one foot in for 20 min at the highest level and then switched. Half way through the first week I noticed I was sweating less and it kept getting better and better. I tried to cut down to less treatments a week and the sweating came back so I’m doing the straight two weeks again. I think if you are super severe like me you will have to do more maintenance treatments or at least ween off of it more slowly.

1. If you have cuts or places you don’t sweat put petroleum jelly on and it will protect your skin from getting raw or being irritated by the electricity.

2. Don’t use distilled water it won’t work because you need the minerals from the water for it to be effective.

3. Rotate your hands and feet so that they all spend an even amount of time close to the source of the frequency. I noticed my lower palms were sweating more so I rotated he way the tray was facing and they stopped.

4. I still get the tingle in my hands and feet like they are about to sweat or want to be sweating but when I touch them they are dry. Honestly even though it is uncontrollable sweat is really neurological so just tell yourself the machine is working and you may notice you have more confidence to do things sweat free. I’m currently experimenting in the exciting world of no socks!

Anyway sweat sucks and it sucks we have it so severely but on the bright side we aren't dead

Dann on #9125

It is true, that ionto through many years is still very effective, during this event with covid-19 you can safely treat the problematic body parts at your home. A lot of people talking about ionto, its really working! I bought electro antiperspirant 2 years ago.

desme on #9250

I am looking for someone who can tell me if I can use ionto for groin area, It is safe? What device I can use for the groin? Any suggests?

Craigster on #10014

Works for me. I have an Iontoderma devise that has worked really good for my feet for the last 3 years. I had an old Drionic many many years ago that was battery operated and didn't work at all. This Iontoderma is adjustable and I max it out for best results. It does tingle when maxed and can get a little uncomfortable after 10 min or so, but worth the results. I do half hour treatments switching polarity half way thru.

At the start, it takes a week to 10 days to feel/see results, but once dry, I only need it a few times a week. If I slack off for more than 4 or 5 days, the sweating returns and it takes a few more frequent treatments to get back to dryness. I tried everything even doctors and this is the one thing that has worked for me.

One thing to consider is that “pulsed” devises may be more comfortable, but they provide less of an effect since “pulsed” is fluctuating (lowering) the voltage during treatment.

Craigster on #10015

Don't use bottled water unless non carbonated mineral water. If you use bottled water, add a teaspoon of baking soda to the water. It takes minerals for best conductivity

Jessil on #10311

My hands and feet used to sweat profusely, it would make me insecure and I would always be nervous. But it is now manageable. I have used the Drionic. It does exactly what it claims. It literally stopped my hands and feet from sweating.

I honestly couldn't be any happier. I must admit that using the Drionic has made me so much more confident and happy.

I bought this product and used it every day for about 20 days, 30 minutes sessions in my hands and feet each. After that, I have been using it twice a week. It has made my hands more dry, but its totally worth it.

Eric on #10380

I needed a really strong machine for my sweaty head, back, and armpits, so finally I found Electro Antiperspirant and two adapters to stop sweating on back and head. These last for the armpits were included in the package. Five days to be pretty dry, so cool.

Harry on #10690

I have a very big problem. My palms and underarms have been sweating since childhood. I’ve tried all of the prescription strength antiperspirants and none worked. Also tried natural ways to control it. I have been reading everything on ways to control, if not totally eliminate the seating. As far as I know, If you suffer from excessive underarm sweating, you have a smaller chance of success with iontophoresis. Is that true? Does anybody here tried ionto for underarm? How did it worked? I am planning to buy the machine but I hope it will work for both palms and underarms.

Arthur M on #11018

Have been using the iontophoresis machine called Hidroxa for about four weeks now and I am happy with the results. I actually purchased it to treat aquagenic wrinkling of the palms, and I had it so bad I had been showering with gloves on for two years. After about 3 sessions of iontophoresis I have been able to say goodbye to the gloves and my hands look almost normal after exposure to water. I had tried topical antiperspirants before and nothing worked; this machine has changed my life. My condition is related to sweating so I would have sweating on my hands now and then, and that is gone too.

Alicia on #11695

Hello, can someone helo me? I have a problem, i’ve been doing 20 minutes sesaions for about a week on both feet and palms, and left side (palm and foot) is completely dry, but other is still sweating. What do i do?

Matt on #13541

Kara, I just got the electro antiperspirant elite and am having the same problem. I'm using it with the head and face adapter and am getting dizzy and disoriented while using it. Have you figured out why this is happening? Is it still happening to you? I so desperately want this to work but I'm scared to even use it now.

Unfortunately, support is awful, and haven't been able to get in touch with them regarding this.

Other than Kara and myself, has anyone else experienced this?

gamesellru on #14349

More precisely does not happen

Mc on #24925

Hi, I also have electro antiperspirant elite.
        Support department is really bad and seems they don't have any idea on how it really works this device. But, I have to say that the device works. I had surgery 17 years ago because my feet, hads and armpit used to sweat crazily. Unfortunately, only hads and armpits went to normal sweat.
        Use electro antiperspirant elite for my feet and after 18-20 sessions (one's every 2 days) my feet stopped sweating.
        !!!!It is very important to change poles in the middle of the treatment by changing your feet from one tank into the other. Wait until MA goes to 0 before taking your feet out of the water. I always add 1 spoon of salt to the warm water.
        Now I do once a week

Irene Wilson on #25181

Yes it works. There are times I felt like sweats are coming out in my palms but there's actually none. I guess they call it Shadow Phenomenon.
        I can safely say that it is definitely worth buying any Iontophoresis machines.
        I have severe Hyperhidrosis and my anxiety attacks trigger it all the time. My Anxiety made my HH poroblems worse. Iontophoresis worked wonders for me.
        I do maintenance 1 to 2 times every week for 15 to 20 minutes on each hand and foot. I just use cold tap water.
        My sweating has significantly been reduced to about 70% .
        I’ve been using iontophoresis for a year now . It is literally life changing.

Jane Langston on #25081

Iontophoresis for me, has been safe and effective in treating my hyperhidrosis of the hands and feet.
        There's just this little uncomfortable tingling sensation during treatment session. I feel like being electrocuted. But you will get used to it in no time.
        It took me three to four weeks before I finally see results. Treatment session is two to three times a week, moderately increasing the settings.
        Just a heads up though, do not remove your hand from the water until the power is off. Removing your hand from the water while the power is on will cause an electric shock.

Viewing 54 reply threads
Reply To: Have you tried Iontophoresis? DId it work for you?
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar