High AZTC gly content antiperspirant

Jay on #8672

Hello,

I'm looking for advice on a high aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex gly (greater than 20%) antiperspirant. I can't seem to find much. I used to use Right Guard that was I think around 22% that worked well in the late 90's (I think the scent was called Drive). It smelled great and was dry under my arms. I've never found a good product to replace it after Right Guard changed their lineup.

My biggest complaint on everything I use now, is that the actual antiperspirant feels wet under my arms and doesn't dry. Sure I'd get some powdery residue if I applied too much but it worked.

I'm currently using Mitchum and it works well but I find the product stays ‘wet' under my arms. I even stand in front of a fan after applying to help ‘dry' it with little success.

Are there any good high concentration products out there? I haven't found much for everyday use. Preferably something not over strong scented.

Thanks.

Dannica on #8708

Aluminium zirconium tetrachlorohydrex gly is used as an antiperspirant in many deodorant products. It aims to obstruct pores in the skin and prevent sweat from leaving the body. However, you must be cautious in using it as a few studies in recent years have theorized that aluminum-based antiperspirants may increase the risk for breast cancer.

Most breast cancers develop in the upper outer part of the breast, which is the area closest to the armpit, needless to say, is where antiperspirants are applied. The studies suggest that chemicals in antiperspirants are absorbed into the skin, particularly when the skin is opened during shaving. They also claim that those chemicals may then interact with DNA and lead to cancerous changes in cells, or interfere with the action of the female hormone estrogen, which is known to influence the growth of breast cancer cells.

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: High AZTC gly content antiperspirant
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar