How I Dealt with Excessive Sweating

Rey on #9136

We all know that sweating is completely healthy and normal. It’s how your body cools off, removes toxins and maintains salinity in your body. But excessive sweating is totally a different thing, and I am experiencing that annoying excessive sweating of my underarms, worst after exercise. I just can't stop sweating no matter what products I use or avoid trigger foods. I have left with limited options, and I do not want to get Botox injection because it is pricey. So I just dress to hide my sweat.

I started searching for the options in the clothing industry to keep me looking like a normal dry person. Then I discover Ejis as one of the best ones. Ejis is one of the most reliable brands when it comes to clothing that hide sweats. The underarm sweat protection prevents sweat from seeping onto your dress shirts. It has seamless sweat pads to prevent leaking.

Andrew on #9183

I also have excessive underarm sweating and thanks to this site I learn a lot from the alternative treatment to the medical and expensive treatments. Sweat is really annoying especially this summer. Even slow motion makes me sweat profusely. I am constantly reading comments and posts here and I also wanted to try undershirts since it the one of the most affordable alternative besides antiperspirant. I am planning to buy Thompson Tee then I saw your post. I might as well buy Ejis, they also have boxer briefs and dress socks so I will try all those products also 🙂

Thanks

Martin on #9207

There are plenty of options in the clothing realm to keep you looking like a normal dry person. Dark colors like navy blue and black will not show wet stains that badly, and neither will very light colors like white. You may also want to wear something underneath your visible clothing like the undershirts you were saying about. I tried Thomson Tee and it was good. There’s nothing wrong with trying to dress to impress, but being comfortable in what you’re wearing must be your number one priority. If an outfit is going to highlight your sweaty spots, you’re probably better off wearing something else.

Joe on #9244

I have used Thompson Tee. The shirts are excellent, pricey but worth every penny if you’re an excessive sweater in the pits. I felt a little weird, but I forgot about it after an hour or so. It's honestly a lifesaver. No more damp armpits on my shirts during work or happy hour, not to mention losing some of my favorite shirts to stains.

Jhomski on #9688

Aside from antiperspirant and deodorant, I also use undershirt. I personally prefer Ejis over the others out there in the market. I have also tried Thompson Tee but I am more comfortable wearing Ejis

Owen Evans on #12880

I always apply antiperspirant before bed. Deodorants don’t prevent sweating but instead aim to mask the smell that’s produced by bacteria when we sweat. Sometimes antiperspirants contain deodorant.

I always ensure your underarms are clean and dry before applying antiperspirant. It may not work immediately, but stick to this routine for a few nights and you should achieve the desired results. Once the antiperspirant begins to take effect, it can be applied as needed.

You might also consider wearing breathable fabrics. The best way to help reduce sweating with your clothing choices is to wear light, breathable fabrics with good ventilation. Lighter colors also help to reflect the sun rather than absorb it, so wearing white can help keep you cool and reduce sweat.

Tom Oneil on #17647

I've since acquired 3 more Thompson tees and wear them every day I work. I still work for the same company which supplies us with a blue uniform shirt, a color that I could not ever wear during my adult life before Thompson tee. I also still have my very first Thompson tee and it works the same as it did the first day I wore it. A year ago I told y'all that perphaps wearing a long sleeve shirt would hinder the Thompson tee. I found that to be false as I mainly wear a long sleeve shirt at work and have never seen a drop of sweat on it. I also stated that I stated that wearing a thin shirt over the Thompson would full proof it. That indeed is still true but I've found the MOST effective way to use the tee shirt is to avoid wearing tight t shirts over it. I'm not saying you have to wear a oversized shirt, just not a tight one. I found evaporation of sweat gathered by the Thompson tee is most effective outside where air is circulating through wind and the sun is drying out the sweat. But do not worry as I've worn it inside all day plenty of times and still no sweat. Keep in mind that the sweat does seep under the padding of the Thompson tee but it will not show on the outer shirt as long as there isn't continuous pressure in that area for a long time. Just the contact of it against the Thompson tee will not make the outer shirt wet.

Philo on #24443

Good discussion. I am a 63-year old man who has suffered from excessive sweating since roughly the age of 16. Armpits in particular. It has affected every area of my life including general socializing, dating, AND my mental health as I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks since I was a teenager.

I really like the commentary in this discussion about the importance of breathing. For me, it has not been a magical cure for hyperhidrosis, but breathing, meditation, yoga – are all holistic ways of treating your mind and body which can measurably improve the condition. And these practices have a positive impact on my life as a whole. You are not alone. I also attend an anxiety support group that is helpful. Being able to open up about the problem with trusted people relieves for me a lot of silent shame and bitterness.

Viewing 7 reply threads
Reply To: How I Dealt with Excessive Sweating
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar