How the treatment works – Miradry

Posted In: MiraDry Forum

Zoe Winner on #13672

Understandably, I had a lot of questions about Miradry. First, how exactly, does it work? My doctor answer it simply: The way we reduce the sweating is by knocking out the function of the sweat glands. We do this by making their local environment too hot to remain functional. We have a machine that delivers a measured amount of heat—almost like a pharmacy dispensing the exact amount of medicine you need. The MiraDry machine is able to dose out just enough heat to reduce the sweat glands without damaging anything surrounding them permanently.

This sounds like a good news, but could the fact that I’d stopped sweating in my armpits cause me to become sweaty elsewhere? The answer is NO. Sweating is just dependent on how many glands you have in that area—if you remove the glands, you’re not going to sweat elsewhere. According to the brand’s website, it’s been used safely over 140,000 times (plus, it’s FDA approved) which definitely helped calm any nagging fears that I had about getting my armpits nuked.

And the best part of MiraDry? Once you have the treatment, it will last forever.

Danny on #13675

When did you had your treatment? Have you experience any side effects so far?

Jessica on #14460

Hi Zoe, how much did it costs you? I've spent years dealing with the embarrassment—and dry cleaning bills—associated with sweating and I am planning to undergo MiraDry treatment.

Derma Center on #16701

MiraDry works by delivering controlled electromagnetic energy to the underarm area, heating and eliminating the underarm sweat glands and smell subsequently. In just a single treatment, you can notice the significant improvement but the area will be tender and swollen for about a week post procedure.. Patients experienced an average of 82% reduction in underarm sweat.

While there is some downtime associated with the procedure as far as swelling and tender to the touch, it is an in-office and relatively simple procedure with a lasting result. There have been recent upgrades to the system to allow for more precise and less intrusive numbing options, making the procedure itself faster and much more comfortable for the patient.

jona l on #17148

My experience was great! It was not really painful at all. The big thing that I want to stress is how pain-free it was. If you research MiraDry online, you will find some people who felt the Lidocaine shots were quite painful. My doctor used a feathering technique for me, and it was the easiest, simplest procedure imaginable.

My recovery was much easier than expected. I kept ice on the treated areas for the first 24 hours, and also applied ice before bed for the first few nights. I really found that it helped. I know that the first 24 hours are important, but I also really thought that a little ice after the fact went a long way! Within a week, most of the swelling was gone; within two weeks, it was like I had never had the surgery at all.

Beatrize on #23016

It works by using electromagnetic energy to target and destroy sweat and odor glands in the armpit. Treatment is quick with minimal pain involved, and there I no downtime, making it a great treatment for those with busy schedules. Once your sweat glands are destroyed by miraDry they cannot come back, so your results are long-lasting!

Almost anyone who is suffering from excessive underarm sweating can benefit from miraDry treatments. It is important that you be overall healthy and have an understanding of what to expect from the procedure.

Victoria on #24444

I have a 66 year-old neighbor who started suffering from excessive sweating about five months ago. She only sweats from her head and her hair is really getting wet. This only happens for a few hours in the morning. During evening there is no sweat. Her doctor just fobs her off. She is fed up as she cannot go anywhere in the morning due to this problem as it is so obvious. She loves to walk every morning before, now she is getting depressed. Can you please suggest or provide a link to any videos that may help her manage this.

Allaine Choi on #27537

MiraDry is said to be one of the few permanent solutions for underarm sweating. Unlike other treatments which effects eventually wear off over time, Miradry is said to have a permanent effect in reducing your excessive sweating. It is also the only non-invasive technology approved by the FDA. The procedure is quick, non-invasive treatment performed under local anaesthetic. It is performed by a licensed trained doctor.
        The miraDry device uses controlled (electromagnetic) energy to the underarm to permanently eliminate sweat glands.
        MiraDry is designed for patients with excessive underarm sweating (primary axillary hyperhidrosis). Patients 18 and above are only allowed to perform this procedure.

Viewing 7 reply threads
Reply To: How the treatment works – Miradry
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar