Hyperhidrosis Medication

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

• Participant
        Ramona on #1232

Hi,
        I would love to learn more about oral medication for hyperhidrosis and I have no idea where to start. Is this even a good method to stop excessive sweating?
        For the last couple of days I've been trying to learn if meds make a good excessive sweating treatment and still don't know what to think about it.
        Seems like the downside are possible side-effects, just like with every other medication. Anticholingeric therapy looked good to me but I would be scared of how it would affect my body. On the other hand, I probably wouldn't qualify for a prescription.
        Btw, are there any oral meds that stop excessive sweating but don't require prescription?

• Participant
        Twinkle on #1325

Oral medication is the right approach for me because I have plantar and palmar and axillary excessive sweating… Pretty general and difficult to treat with antiperspirants and so on.
        My main qualm with medication is that it can cause various side effects… What if there's a reason why some things are only available through prescription? I don't think it is wise to take medication without consulting a physician first.

• Participant
        Sean M. on #1345

Ramona, please take care and be cautious about taking medication, especially if you're planning to get some real hyperhidrosis drugs. I agree with Twinkle, definitely consult your physician first. If everything works out, you'll get a prescription and will likely be able to get cheaper medication from your local pharmacy. It should be a win-win situation then. 😉

NormanFus on #3040

Hi! [url=http://erectiledysfunctiondrugs365.net/]buy ed meds[/url] very good internet site.

Anil Shah on #5625

Hi,

There are a variety of techniques to decrease sweating under the arms:

• Botox- Botox is helpful in that it can decrease the production of sweat but not odor.  It typically lasts about 6 months in the under arm area.
        • Miradry-  Miradry uses microwave energy to destroy apocrine and eccrine glands.  It is better at eccrine gland destruction than apocrine and is currently only used on the underarm area.
        • RF needling- Can be used anywhere on the body and can destroy both apocrine and eccrine glands.  Has become the procedure of choice in my practice for hyperhidrosis due to its effectiveness.
        • Nerve ablation-Not commonly performed anymore as side effects are often worse than treatment and effectiveness is often limited.
        • Oral medications- Too many side effects to be effective.
        • Topical medications- Works by blocking glands.  Many patients state how not effective mechanism.

• Participant
        jessie on #1324

Hi,

I have just learned on another forum that getting medication without prescription can be possible, but a lot of it depends on where you live! So, it seems that getting Robinul in UK is very difficult, in USA you need a prescription, and in Canada you can just buy it like you would buy an Aspirin!

A lot of people apparently buy Canadian glycopyrrolate by ordering it from online Canadian pharmacy (Pharmacy.ca) which doesn't require a prescription. I hope this helps!

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Hyperhidrosis Medication
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar