I Tried Botox to Treat My Hyperhidrosis

Sierra Miller on #13676

I’ve suffered from excessive sweating since I was a child. My palms are always sweaty and cold regardless of the climate. Sometimes, my palms are just a tad clammy, and other times, they’re legitimately drenched. My excessively perspiring palms aren’t the only source of frustration that hyperhidrosis has dealt me — it’s also been known to cause glaringly obvious sweat rings on my favorite silk blouses (and naturally, ruined them with the eventual yellow-tinged stains and a lingering odor that refuses to budge.)

I have a fairly high pain tolerance and have gotten Botox in my crows’ feet before, so this wasn’t my first time dealing with dermal injectables. However, your underarms are much more delicate than your forehead and temples, so many patients find the process to be rather painful. To be completely honest, I’m ridiculously ticklish, so I was more concerned about not being able to be still than I was about pain. Each armpit took about 5 minutes. Frankly, I didn’t feel a thing. But the following day my underarms were a bit red and felt raw (which is totally normal). This slight, post-procedure discomfort disappeared in about three days and was pretty minor.

Merly on #14459

Hello Sierra,
        How long does botox took you to be completely treated?

Nert on #15261

BOTOX is an effective treatment for hyperhidrosis. It reduces the amount of sweat you produce considerably, giving your quality of life a boost. If you’d prefer not to keep up with regular BOTOX injections for excessive sweating, imagine how useful an occasional treatment could be! There are many times when any person would prefer to do without the hassle that sweating causes. If you’re in a wedding party or walking down the aisle yourself, giving an important presentation, or going on vacation somewhere steamy, treat yourself with BOTOX ahead of time to keep sweat at bay.

If excessive sweating is a problem for you, BOTOX injections could help you feel fresher, more secure, and more confident!

Alexageri on #18812

I have been going through something really strange lately. I’m not really sure how long it’s been happening for to be honest, but I know that it’s been getting worse lately. A few weeks ago I started noticing that I was having gaps in my memory. I’m not talking about being absent minded or anything, and there wasn’t any drinking involved. I just had chunks of time, sometimes 10 mins, sometimes several hours that I couldn’t remember anything from. I made a post about it in the introductions section, but no one else really seems to be experiencing the same thing.If you’re wondering why I’m posting about this here, well, that’s where my videos come in. I started recording myself around the house during the day trying to see if anything was happening to trigger those memory gaps. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing though. It looks like I was sleepwalking around my house, but I wasn’t sleeping when it would start. Like, I’d be sitting in my kitchen eating lunch, then boom, blank stare, walking around the house.I’m really hoping someone else here has experienced something similar. I want to get to the bottom of this. It’s really unnerving knowing that it can happen at any time. I just want some help.

John Birgbauer on #20186

Botox injections can be expensive. An approximate cost for both underarms is $1,000, and a person needs to repeat the treatment every 7–16 months, so the expenses can add up. There are lots of other treatments out there with less expenses.

Charlene on #22466

I have tried it too. Treatment with botulinum toxin temporarily blocks the nerves that cause sweating. Your skin will be iced or anesthetized first. Each affected area of your body will need several injections. The effects last six to 12 months, and then the treatment needs to be repeated.

Joanna on #24755

I've had it and the treatment didn't stop my sweating entirely, but it cut it down to about 20 percent of the usual volume, all but eliminating the dark stains under my sleeves. But every good thing must end, and after five and a half months, the sweating gradually seeped back into my life. Within a month, it was back to normal.

It took me years to go back for more, but after all the hot weather we've had this summer, I decided it was time for a second dose. I repeated the round of injections in late July. Was it worth it? Definitely. The shots hurt, but the pain passed quickly. Instead of perspiring on the two-block walk from the subway to the office, I now arrive calm, cool—and dry. I'm having a good summer!

Stasyan on #24931

what a horror, I feel sorry for you

Rhea Williams on #25437

I have hyperhidrosis in my armpits and it affects me the most. I’m willing to spend any amount of money for any long term solutions for this problem.
        Looking for long term solutions because I already spent fortune on Botox just for It to come back so quickly.
        The dermatologist said that Botox's effect can last for up to 3-6 months, but in my case it only lasted for 2 months.
        I went for 2nd Botox treatment in hopes that another Botox treatment can result to a much longer duration of efficacy. But still failed. But maybe, it's just in my case. No I'm looking for another treatment with long term effect. By long term, I mean the efficacy must be up to 1 year or more.

Alana B on #28508

I also tried Botox for my underarm sweating. It costs me $2000 for both underarms. Pricey but I am happy with the results.

Ronnie Long on #28124

Botox is a temporary safe and effective treatment for hyperhidrosis and generally lasts 4 to 6 months.
        I just recently had my first Botox treatment for my Hyperhidrosis. I have HH in my Face, underarms, hands and feet. The dermatologist only does the treatment on my hands and underarms. Because the feet is too sensitive and I don’t want anything to be done in my face area too.
        Two weeks after the Botox treatment, the underarm treatment took effect. My body didn’t overheat as much with my underarms sweating at a normal pace.
        And when I do sweat excessively, it’s only due to very high temperature or when I am under a very stressful situation.

Joel T on #27675

Haven't heard Botox is used for hyperhidrosis, I am using this for cosmetics.

Viewing 11 reply threads
Reply To: I Tried Botox to Treat My Hyperhidrosis
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar