Ideal Diet for Hyperhidrosis

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

Elena V. on #791

What we eat determines how much we sweat, so I thought it would be great if everyone could share some personal experiences and tips on how to reduce sweating with a special diet plan. 😉

Granted, not everything works for everyone; and from my experience, controlled diet doesn't really stop me from sweating a lot – but it makes some difference. Or maybe it would be more accurate to say that eating “bad” foods noticeably increases excess sweating. 😕

So, “bad” foods I avoid are:
        – Hot soups
        – onion and garlic
        – spicy meals
        – alcohol
        Coffee should also be on this list, but I still drink it regularly – in small amounts.

What helps me:
        – drinking sufficient amount of cool water (pleasantly cool, not ice cool)
        – eating light meals and avoiding processed foods
        – fruits and nuts instead of packed snacks
        – sage tea

Any other ideas on how to reduce sweating with a good diet plan? I feel this really helps when combined with other hyperhidrosis treatments.

• Participant
        Twinkle on #795

I have a special policy for spring and summer, since I sweat a lot in warm weather and it only gets worse right after I eat.
        I stopped eating sandwiches or big restaurant meals during my lunch breaks. The restaurant near my company's building also sells smoothies, shakes, fresh orange juice, and so on. I buy 1-2 of these and that gets me through the day. These smoothies are cool and refreshing so they also help my body cool down.
        Then after I get home, I eat more and sweat more… but at least there's a shower waiting for me. 😆

• Participant
        JennyDale on #923

After a little experiment, I am absolutely sure that our eating habits can affect hyperhidrosis. I cannot claim it works for all types of excess sweating, but it is true in my case (I have axillary hyperhidrosis).

Anyway, I went for a walk a few times these last couple of days, wearing the same type and amount of clothes and going out at the same hour of day (8 PM, and it was about equally warm outside). Once I went out half an hour after I had dinner, the other time I ate about 2 hours earlier, and once I went on a walk on an empty stomach (had dinner after the walk). And what happened? ❓

I ended up with a lot more underarm sweat when I went to walk right after I ate. It probably comes down to the fact that our bodies are under a bigger strain when we're physically active on a full stomach. Now, that doesn't mean I'll starve myself! I will just try to eat smaller meals when I need to be someplace important! 🙂

Elena V. on #925

That's an interesting experiment you did there Jenny, and I can agree that this conclusion makes sense – digestion warms up our bodies like an engine and we're likely to sweat more.

Still, please don't forget about that list of foods I put up there – because it is proven that some foods and drinks affect heavy sweating because of their chemical properties. So, if you want to stop sweating a lot, make sure to avoid caffeine and other blacklisted items. 🙂 (I might even update that list in the future.)

• Participant
        JennyDale on #927

I know, I know. 🙂 After a little bit of research I discovered more foods that help us stop sweating a lot.
        Recommended stuff: cool tomato juice, cherries, peaches, apples, watermelons, oranges, plums and other fruit; then, veggies; also proteins (can be found in cottage cheese if you want a cool bite of proteins).

Stuff to avoid: high fructose syrup, also pretty much all instant, pre-made, frozen, greasy, ready-to-eat foods.

Ouch, huh? xD Seems complicated, but I bet it is useful and effective if you want to stop sweating profusely all the time.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Ideal Diet for Hyperhidrosis
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar