Ideal water level

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

• Participant
        Leb on #1319

So I took a leap of faith and actually bought an iontophoresis machine!! And Hidrex PSP 1000 at that – the one I was writing about earlier in the summer. 😀 Anyway, it's a used machine but is completely functional and as good as new. However, after two weeks of treatments I still have problems getting the best results with it, so I wanted to ask for some help.

My question is: what is the ideal water level for hand iontophoresis treatments? I keep changing this and can't seem to get it right. If I place a smaller amount of water into the pads – just to get my palms wet – then some areas of my palms stay unaffected by the treatments. If I put in more water – to soak my hands better – then my skin gets itchy in places and overall results of the treatments are weaker. I have to use the higher voltage and then it hurts etc. (Typically I use pulsed current at about 70% pulse width.)

How do I keep water level low and at the same time submerge my palms properly in the water?

• Participant
        Wallace Trent on #1348

First to answer your question – with practice. While your device is turned off, just take the plates, pour some water in and set your hands as if you were getting a treatment. Every part of your palms that usually sweats needs to be submerged into water! Experiment (pouring water in and out) until you get that perfect water level.

Then, pour the used water into a jug with measures and write down the amount. Now you'll know just how much water you need to pour into each plate/tub in the future. Et voila, problem solved!

Btw I remember you were complaining a few months back that your hands are sensitive and iontophoresis hurts. Are things better now?

• Participant
        Brittany Davidson on #1349

What Wallace said is good. 🙂 In any case, try to use as little water as possible, because that how you get the best results, or at least that's how it works for me. I don't know exactly why, but I think that gratuitous amounts of water weaken the power of the current, or something like that.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Ideal water level
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar