Managing Hyperhidrosis by Proper Diet

Arlyn Crissman on #8645

Dietary factors can affect our body including sweat production. For instance, spicy foods can have a powerful effect on your body’s thermoregulation system and worsen any hyperhidrosis symptoms you might already be suffering. In the attempt to regulate your body’s temperature as a response to spicy food, your body may send more nerve impulses to your sweat glands and worsen the effects of your hyperhidrosis. Caffeine can also act as a sweat-inducing agent and so does alcohol. Alcohol dilates your blood vessels and warms the skin, triggering your parasympathetic nervous system to cool down your body with sweat. If spicy foods, caffeinated drinks, or alcohol are a large part of your diet, they may be causing some of your excessive sweating. It may be a good idea to consider reducing your consumption of these foods and drinks to reduce your sweating.

Samantha on #8721

You are right. Many dietary factors can increase or decrease the effects of hyperhidrosis. Some foods I know that can decrease sweating are those fiber-rich foods. By consuming fiber-rich foods, you ease your body’s digestive process. Meanwhile, processed foods such as hotdogs and sausages, make your body work harder to break them down, which can lead to an increase in body temperature and sweating.

B vitamins are also vital in regulation of the nervous system. Low levels of B vitamins can cause the body to be oversensitive to stressful situations, which can lead to an increase in sweating. Some foods rich in B vitamins are meat (beef), fish (salmon), leafy greens, and eggs.

Lastly, it’s important to stay well hydrated! Drinking water can help you cool down in hot temperatures and regulate your body’s internal temperature. If you sweat more than average, you may also become dehydrated more quickly, which is why it’s important to keep a bottle of water handy at all times.

Fate on #8804

Hey, I was overweight then and I really sweat a lot before. Not to mention the smell when I sweat. Makes me think I was acidic. But with proper diet and exercise, I lose weight and the sweating also gone away. So I think weight is another factor in excessive sweating, thus, can be treated by proper diet alone.

Alexa on #9061

It is a good idea to lose the necessary weight required to reach and maintain an ideal body mass index because excess weight has been shown to increase a person's degree of sweating. Over and above reducing your risk of developing diabetes or cardiovascular events, you will also be reducing the amount of sweat secreted and living more comfortably. Some foods and drinks are known to cause sweating while eating. These include hot and spicy foods. Some people also find they sweat more when they drink alcohol. This is because alcohol naturally dilates, or widens, peripheral blood vessels, which causes the body to release heat.

Bernie on #10052

Every disease can be manageable with proper diet, including excessive sweating. You just have to find a diet that is right for you.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Managing Hyperhidrosis by Proper Diet
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar