Perfect Antiperspirant for Hyperhidrosis

Edwardo on #10095

I suffered from hyperhidrosis my entire life, and I am constantly looking for the best product to control my excessive sweating. Two weeks ago I bought Carpe Antiperspirant Hand Lotion. It's small and compact enough to fit inside my purse without it taking up too much space. I can say it is really effective. The only time it doesn't work is when I got really nervous, but that doesn't happen often. Downside is that it stops working after a few hours, probably around five hours.

Also when applying it, sometimes there is a white cast on your skin that makes it appear ashy and may get a little sticky, but that means there's a little too much product. After washing my hands, the cast and the stickiness is gone but the product still works.

Manuel on #10131

Hi Edwardo,

Carpe is a lotion for hands, isn't it? Can I use it underarm? I really have a bad sweating under my arms and it smells not nice. I've been trying several deodorant and antiperspirant but I had no luck, I still sweat profusely. Wondering if Carpe has antiperspirant made for underarms, I did some research and it seem they have none. Have you tried using Carpe in other parts of your body? I was hoping this would help me manage my underarm sweating and odor. It seems as if my whole body has smell. I can't stand it.

– Manuel

Christopher on #10132

get iontophoresis machine, use it a few times and be happy with dry hands, it works very well.
        Small things like chemical antiperspirants are just like defense, but not a cure. Someone recently mentioned about electro antiperspirant device here, you can try it.

James on #10310

There is no perfect antiperspirant. It actually depends on your body chemistry.

Bobby on #10641

Have you heard about Certain Dri? This antiperspirant really works for me, and lasts for 48 hours. I have dealt my whole life trying different antiperspirant deodorants since the age of twelve! Have tried other products such as Driclor however it did not suit me it really irritated my underarms.

I really love this antiperspirant in a sense that it keeps me dry all day. The downside is if you put it on at night, it itches so much, you won't be able to sleep. If you want to put it at night be sure to dry arm pits thoroughly using a hairdryer, it might help with the itching.

Jon on #10875

I bought this Gillette Clinical about two weeks ago and it works wonders! I did some research before buying it and it says the product provides prescription level perspiration control that’s basically equivalent to using a 6% Aluminum Chloride prescription antiperspirant. This allows anyone to remain dry all day long, no matter how intense your activity is. I swear this is true. It delivered their promise.

What I love the most about this product is that it also dries rather quickly so it can immediately get to work. It has great smell as well so you won't have to worry about body odor.

Anita on #11072

I sweat in a blizzard and have super sensitive skin. I cannot use drysol or Certain Dry because they burn my skin like a chemical burn and don't work all that great for me. I've tried so many antiperspirants that my cabinet is full of every brand on the market.

Now I am on day 2 of using Carpe and I am surprised! I'm dry, actually DRY! My shirt is not soaked!  I'm not burning nor tingling nor chafed!! It's a blooming miracle. It only takes a small pea sized amount and you rub it in your armpit, wait like 30 seconds and it's dry.

Jean on #11295

I guess if you're looking for the “perfect” antiperspirant for your hyperhidrosis, you cannot find it anywhere. There is no perfect as every person's underarm problem varies. The one that worked for me might not work for you because we have different body chemistry. If you find the one that suit your needs, in one way or another there will come a time where it will not work anymore because your body got used to it. Then you will need to find another again. I suggest you to go to a dermatologist as you might need more than an antiperspirant.

Grace on #11583

I tried the Secret Antiperspirant Deodorant with Pure Essential Oils. It has a classical combination of lavender and eucalyptus scent which I really love. The company claims it to be paraben-free. For me this is perfect. I am no longer have underarm sweating after about two weeks of use. You must try it, really worth the money. I also bought the Rose and Charcoal, but am not happy. So I switch back to this one.

JHayes on #13922

I've used deo-only products for years, and a lot of them don't work. Baxter of California, Olivina, and Every Man Jack all smell lovely but didn't work but rather, gave me irritation. Oars & Alps is okay, but its residue is just whitish enough to show up on some dark short sleeved shirts, and Schmidt's is basically MADE of white residue. MagSol also leaves a teeny bit of white on clothes, but if you don't mind (and other actives don't work for you), it's probably worth trying.

The absolute best I've found for effectiveness is the Arm & Hammer Essentials. The fragrances are light, pleasant, and naturalistic, and all of them contain antimicrobials ethylhexylglycerin and Octenidine HCl. I don't know whether those are meant to combat microbial growth on skin but that's the gold standard.

Savememore on #15256

I've always had a lot of trouble with sweaty arm pits. I always had to watch what I wore and was always scared in public I'd have pit stains. Which I did a lot of the times. I tried the Thompson tee shirts that have all the padding at the arm pits to reduce sweat, but I was embarrassed when someone saw me with the shirt on and it was weird wearing an undershirt all the time.But it's a whole new story with Certain Dri. I use this in the morning before I start my day and the clinical prescription strength roll on before bed.

Katie Crissman on #20212

It can be difficult to choose the right over-the-counter antiperspirant deodorant, but I personally love Dove Clinical Protection Antiperspirant Deodorant. This product contains Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex Gly to block sweat production and combines it with moisturizer and a deodorant fragrance to mask odor.

In some instances a combination product may not be strong enough, in which case you should move on to a stronger antiperspirant. If you still want the benefits of a deodorant but you really need an antiperspirant, then try using a strong antiperspirant, like SweatBlock Clinical Strength Antiperspirant, and add a regular deodorant with a fragrance you like on top of it to mask any odor.

Randy S on #24703

Roll-ons have lower amounts of aluminum salts and are water-based. This makes roll-ons a good bet for sensitive skin. Often the ingredients also include calming emollients and/or moisturizers. These were also very quick and easy to apply which makes them useful to have on standby if you’re always rushing around. However, if you experience excessive sweating, antiperspirant pads offer longer, stronger sweat protection.

James Girard on #25717

I have bad hyperhidrosis in my hands and feet. And I really couldn't last a day without any Antiperspirants.
        A friend of mine recommended that I should try Carpe Antiperspirant Lotion.
        I was skeptical at first because it's way more expensive compared to other Antiperspirants.
        My friend kept on encouraging me to use it instead. So I researched about the product and found so many good reviews about it.
        Though I found some bad feedbacks about them having rashes.

Still, I gave it a try.

What I did was I only applied a very thin layer in my hands and feet. Scared I might put too much and any strong chemical formulation of this product would cause any rashes in my skin. Luckily, no rashes at all. And with a very little amount of lotion applied on my hands and feet are enough to stay dry for at least six hours from the time of my application.

Over all, I'm happy with this product. I recommend it. Just be careful with putting too much, it might cause you rashes. Try a little amount on your skin and observe it first.

Zoey Sanders on #27602

I love Carpe brand Antiperspirant lotion. It’s amazing. Very true to their promise. This product delivers the promised efficacy. I love that they have different and specific lotion for each body part like the feet, hand, underarm, and face, even for breast. And I love that they even produce Sweat Absorbing Facial Wipes. Totally a life saver.
        I use their Sweat absorbing face lotion to control the sweating and reduce the appearance of sweat not only in my upper lip, forehead, but also in my scalp.
        I only needed to apply a thin layer on my face and scalp and I’m good. More importantly, it doesn’t irritate my skin.

Jake P. on #28690

If regular antiperspirants do not control your excessive sweating, a strong antiperspirant containing Aluminium Chloride might work. Anhydrol Forte (roll on), Odaban (spray) and Driclor (roll on) are available on a prescription from your GP.

To get the best results from an antiperspirant you should apply it at night-time to clean, dry skin so that it can work overnight when sweating is at its least. If your skin is wet when applying an antiperspirant it might cause burning and discomfort. You should apply the antiperspirant every evening for the first week or two then it usually only needs to be applied every few days to keep your sweating under control.

Raizen Parks on #27941

There are many over-the-counter products that treat or help you with your daily life as you struggle with excessive sweating.
        Lots of Pharmacies and beauty stores sell antiperspirants designed for underarm use that work by clogging pores that prevents excessive sweating.
        Experts may recommend you to apply antiperspirant at night so it has time to get into your pores and block your sweat glands in the morning.
        Many of the same antiperspirant products you use for your underarms to reduce sweating can also be used on your feet. Your doctor may prescribe a stronger antiperspirant to help keep your feet comfortable.
        Every person has different skin type and body chemistry. One Antiperspirant product may be good enough for you, but not for others. I guess you just have to keep on trying different brands approved by your doctor until you find the product that gives you comfort that you’re looking for.

Viewing 16 reply threads
Reply To: Perfect Antiperspirant for Hyperhidrosis
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar