Proven long-term results

harper on #6874

I am one of those patients with hyperhidrosis and try oral or topical medications, antiperspirants or herbal remedies to ease my condition, but these efforts have only temporary or no benefit at all. The only treatment with proven long-term results involves surgical interruption of the sympathetic chain. These nerves primarily affect blood flow to the skin and the function of the sweat glands. Interrupting the sympathetic nerves in the chest results in dilation of the veins and arteries in the arm and hand as well as the complete blockage of sweating. ETS really help me a lot. Must try this treatment. Thanks.

Rene on #8305

ETS is effective but compensatory sweating is the most commonly mentioned side effect. Everyone who is having sympathectomy , thoracic or lumbar will develop a certain level of compensatory sweating. Just like in any other operation there will always be a certain number of patients who will not be satisfied with the level of compensatory sweating they experienced. Compensatory sweating is unavoidable and for some unexplained reasons recurrence of the sweating can happen no matter which method was used.

Dann on #8414

My first line of treatment for hyperhidrosis is with botulinum toxin. It temporarily blocks the nerves that cause sweating. Your skin will be iced or anesthetized first. Each affected area of your body will need several injections. The effects of my botox lasts for six months then I repeat the treatment that lasted for around 8 months. Botox can be painful.

My second option (well, not necessarily option), but I do this together with Botox. I was prescribed an antiperspirant with aluminum chloride, Drysol. I applied it to the affected skin before bedtime, then washed it thoroughly in the morning.

Both treatment work well for me.

reuben on #12729

I have been thinking Hidrex. I think iontophoresis is the best remedy. The amazing success of tap water iontophoresis is undisputed. It can provide about 98% success rate. It has been proven in numerous studies. However, the exact mechanism of action has not yet been completely understood. To my understanding, the electrical current somehow affects the nerves leading to the sweat glands. The treatment inhibits the sweat glands and allows them to “ignore” the (excessive) nervous signals from the brain that cause excessive sweating.

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Proven long-term results
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar