Tea Recommendations for Hyperhidrosis

Elena V. on #1287

Since I love the way tea calms down my excessive sweating, I would be really happy to exchange tips about this type of alternative treatment. I would love to hear about your experiences, and needless to say, I am equally happy to share my knowledge as well. 😉

Not all types of tea are available in all locations, but many can be ordered online… So please share your tea recommendations regardless of your location. 🙂

I have already wrote that tea helps me stop excessive sweating – or at least reduces it to the point where I can live with it. My cup of choice typically lies with simple sage tea, but I have also tried Hushed Sea mix and it was delicious. Still, I would recommend Alvita to beginners.

Can't wait to hear what others have to say! 😉

• Participant
        Ramona on #1294

I'd like to hijack this thread and add an additional question: can you please add, when listing recommendations, if these teas can be taken without sugar? For some reason I can't stand tea with sugar – I only drink those that are tasty even without any kind of sweeteners.

Elena, are any of brands you tried tasty enough to be taken without sugar? Can I add lemon to them?

Stupid questions, I know, but I'm not much of a tea lover… 😳

Elena V. on #1299

No, to be honest I don't think I could drink sage tea without sugar. And as far as I know, you can add lemon to your tea – it won't do any harm and might improve the taste. 🙂

To drink hyperhidrosis tea without sweeteners, hmm – maybe you could try Hushed Sea or one of similar blends that use a mix of herbs + sage. In my experience they can be tastier than pure sage.

• Participant
        Melanie on #1310

Your mileage may vary. I adore Hushed Sea (haven't we talked about this already, Elena? lol) but I don't think I could take it without sugar. Then again, for someone like Ramona, maybe it's the other way around…

@Ramona
        See if you can buy a small package of Hushed Sea and try it out. I think there's a fair chance you will like it. And even if it is not super tasty, who cares? As long as it does the trick… 😉

Aga Sue on #3591

Yes!!! Sage tea is the most commonly used herb. It may take several weeks before noticing a difference in the amount of perspiration you produce.

jane on #3969

Yes, sage tea may directly reduce sweat production. The herb may be more effective when combined with alfalfa. You may consider drinking sage tea cold to get the most out of its astringent effects for reducing excess sweat. Prepare by pouring 1 pint of boiling water over 3 tsp. of fresh or dried sage leaves and steep for 15 minutes. Strain and store in the refrigerator. Drink up to three cups per day.
        Sage is generally safe with no known food or drug interactions, but there is a risk of side effects. Do not take sage if you are pregnant, a nursing mother, and do not give this to children, unless directed to do so by a doctor. Sage tea may reduce a nursing mother’s breast milk. The presence of thujone may trigger convulsions in those suffering from epilepsy. It is still best to talk to your doctor before using this herb to reduce perspiration.

simondaw on #4169

I recommend sage tea. It offers many benefits, including help for excessive sweating and foot odor. Sage leaves may be included in dishes such as salads or cooked foods, or you can brew sage leaf tea.

To brew sage tea for excess sweating, boil one cup of water and add a teaspoon of dried sage. Let the mix sit for five minutes after brewing the tea. Don't let it sit for more than five minutes or it will become too strong, and there's some indication that too much sage may be harmful rather than helpful. It can be sweeten with honey and lemon. You can cool the tea and drink half a cup in the morning and half in the evening.

If using fresh sage leaves, sprinkle them onto your salads. Sage also pairs well with pork dishes.

Like most herbal remedies, you probably won't see benefits overnight. It may take several weeks of following this regimen of drinking sage tea before noticing a difference in the amount of perspiration you produce.

Jennevie on #4266

Hi All!

For me, sage worked really really well! My sweating decreased substantially. Before, I would sweat from all over my body, my hands, feet, back, armpits, the back of my legs, everywhere! Now, the only times that I sweat are when I'm under extreme stress or when it is extremely hot out. I was really impressed with the results so make sure that before trying any other medications, give natural remedies a good shot! I am taking them after a meal. Also, I didn't see a real difference in sweating until after taking the supplements for about 2 weeks.

-Jennevie

rever on #4599

Please allow me to join in this topic. I already had ETS surgery which successfully fixed my hands. And I use iontophoresis on my feet. But this doesn't mean I don't sweat. I have compensatory sweating from the ETS surgery so I tend to sweat on my body more than many other people in hot weather or whenever I am exercising. I wanted to see if the tea, specifically sage tea, would have any effect on me. I was doubtful of this but I think it was easy to try. Please advise of any one of you have successful story about teas.

Juan on #5800

I feel completely the same as you do. I had ETS and after the first year my sweating increased to the point that I doubt if I suffer this sweating previously in my hands.

When it comes to the hot season, I have to double wear a sweatproof undershirt, which I take the opportunity to recommend here brands such as (SUTRAN or NANODRI.JP), but still it makes my life pretty difficult to cope with.

I got recently recommended by the doctor who I had surgery with to take some (really expensive) pills made with something called Glicopirrolato.

I have no idea if it will work but even if it is too expensive, if it works, atleast during the summer season, I'll be willing to take it.

I'm open to try any new teas (I live in Spain) which you think it might help.

Will by now start with Sage tea, does it have to be Alvita? Because I couldn't find any shop selling it. Will rather buy it online.

Thanks for hearing and helping guys, keep it up!

Helen on #5728

Hi Jennevie what did you take and how much and hiw often? Thanks

gian on #6569

hi,
        I am a teen and I started getting this problem. I've been told since I’m a dancer I will tend to sweat more than others, but I hate it. Ever since it started I’ve had low confidence and I mostly wear only black shirts or sweaters (since the sweat doesn't show). If I don't have either of those I wear a dark jacket over my shirt the whole day even if I’m hot. I used Hushed Sea to stops excessive sweating by promoting the normal balanced functioning of two complimentary nervous systems, the sympathetic and parasympathetic. An imbalance in these two systems leads to profuse and unnecessary perspiration in circumstances that do not warrant sweating. This really help me a lot

declan on #6857

hi,
        High levels of progesterone, as in pregnancy, can also increase body temperature and trigger underarm sweating. An overly active thyroid gland, termed hyperthyroidism, produces an excess of thyroid hormone. Thyroid hormone increases the body’s metabolism and heat production, ultimately increasing sweating. The caffeine in coffee, tea, some sodas and chocolate powerfully activates the sympathetic nervous system to cause sweating. If sweating is a problem, cutting out caffeine might help.

Rannie on #7557

Check with your doctor, and if he/she agrees you suffer from hyperhidrosis, you can do a lot to address some of the embarrassing side effects. Using an antiperspirant and deodorant is essential. Old-fashioned dress or shirt shields, pads that fit under the armpits, soak up excessive sweat and can be changed to avoid ruining clothing. There are also surgical procedures and prescription medications to reduce or stop excessive perspiration.

As for the sage tea, yes, sage offers many benefits, including help for excessive sweating and foot odor. Sage leaves may be included in dishes such as salads or cooked foods, or you can brew sage leaf tea. Sage is an easy herb to grow and you can include it in the garden or grow a pot on a kitchen windowsill for a source of fresh sage.

paul on #7829

Try using sage tea for excessive sweating. Alternatively some said the sage leaves could be added to the food intake. As per experts, take 6 teaspoons of sage leaves to half a liter of water. But take note to let the tea cool first as taking hot tea will only add-on to sweating. Also, one may use the sage leaves as a bath. Just mix 2 tablespoons of sage leaves to a liter of water. This could be included during one’s bath session in the morning or at night. Let me know if it did help you. I hope it did!

Frances Kelly on #7902

I’d like to thank you all for your suggestions. I take several medications that interfere with my internal thermoregulator. I have isolated day in and day out, I wear a towel around my neck inside my house, and I live in Maine where it is very cold in the winter time, yet if I go for a walk I will start to sweat so badly that I feel like I’m experiencing Hypothermia and end up rushing back home and stripping out of the wet clothes that were dry when I left my house. I don’t bother fixing my hair or applying makeup anymore because the sweat ruins them both. I have already started supplementing with vitamin B12, and I plan on taking Sage now as well. The strange thing is….I never experienced any profuse sweating in my life until I began therapy drugs like Wellbutrin, Suboxone, Omazeprole, Ibuprofen. And I take ALL of these meds together. Not 1 of my doctors would agree that ANY of those medications would cause hyperhydrosis. I’ve had to live with profuse sweating for nearly a decade now, and menopause is kicking in too! It sucks.

MIz on #10758

I read about this on the web and I just received my organic sage tea pack. So excited to try this out. Fingers crossed it works for me. I’ve had this issue since my childhood. I remember my feet and palms so sweaty my exam papers used to get drenched .it is so embarrassing to even shake hands and I can’t even hold hands with someone. Driving is worse! I really hope this works.

Jane Fhey on #11942

Black tea bags! I have tried it, and due to its antiperspirant properties, you can use moist black tea bags for this purpose and hold them in your sweaty hands for a few minutes every day. You can also use it to rinse or wipe your sweaty hands and feet to control the problem. Alternatively, put 3 to 4 black tea bags in hot water and soak your palms or feet in it every day for 30 minutes.

Also you may apply apple cider vinegar on your hands and feet and leave it to dry. Then, wash it away with water. It keeps the skin pores tight and helps to lessen sweating. Do it every day.

Matthew Smith on #24702

Green tea is known for its calming effects, keeping your nervous system (and sweat) at bay. So sip on some green tea before a nerve-wracking presentation to take the edge off and prevent signs of sweat — just make sure it’s decaffeinated!

April Clark on #25062

Hello Everyone.

I read that lots of people from Middle East and China are avid drinkers of sage tea. Not only that it helps with excessive sweating, but It also helps people suffering from hot flashes.

I drink Sage Tea 2 cups a day. One in the morning and another One in the evening an hour before bed time. I'm adding 1 tbsp. honey and half a lemon to improve the taste.
        Within a couple of days, I have felt improvement. My sweating has decreased. Amazing result .
        Not sure though how long I would need to drink the Sage tea. I'm using Alvita brand Sage Tea by the way which I bought online. One box contains 24 bags of Tea.

Moses Johns on #27933

Sage is a kind of herb that has been traditionally used by many and is approved by German health authorities for the treatment of their excessive sweating and hot flashes.
        Sage leaves contain tannic acid that works to constrict sweat glands and thereby reducing perspiration.
        If Sage isn’t available in your area, you can also try drinking Sage tea which you can buy online or any stores. However, if you’re not a fan of drinking tea for reasons that you don’t like its taste, Doctors also recommend to take dried Sage leaf in capsules and taking 1,000 mg twice a day.

Viewing 19 reply threads
Reply To: Tea Recommendations for Hyperhidrosis
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar