What's The Best Aluminum-Free Deodorant?

Hillarie on #1867

Cheers,
        I have a question for the community here.
        Ever since reading a lot about the potential health-damaging properties of aluminum salts, I wanted to stop using antiperspirants with aluminum. This is very difficult, because whatever shop I looked in, it turned out that every antiperspirant has aluminum.

If it was aluminum-free, it was called deodorant, and had near zero sweat-stopping power. Luckily, with iontophoresis, the excessive sweat in my underarms is not so terrible, so I think I still stand a good chance of getting by with aluminum-free deodorants. I don't need the deodorant to treat sweaty hands or anything like that – I am successfully using iontophoresis for sweaty hands – so this deodorant would be strictly for underarms.

What is the best aluminum-free deodorant? Is anyone here even using these things, or are you all strictly on clinical antiperspirants? (That's the impression I got from lurking on this website.) 🙂

Thanx in advance and cya around!

Elena V. on #1869

Hi, Hillarie, welcome and please feel free to register and fully join us. 😉

About your question: I am not sure if I understand exactly what is it that you're looking for – do you need an aluminum-free antiperspirant, or are you specifically looking for a deodorant?
        I am asking because, contrary to what you seem to believe, there actually are some antiperspirants that do not use aluminum. Instead, they use something that seems to have certain Botox-like qualities. You can learn more here on this link.
        And some of such antiperspirants are also listed here.

I did not quite get what areas on your body are affected by hyperhidrosis. However, if iontophoresis works for you, and you don't need a special sort of deodorant for sweaty hands or feet, you might really be okay with a regular deodorant. In that case, the choice of the products is huge! And, they're fairly cheap, so you can feel free to walk into the nearest store and pick a favorite. 😉

Sherry on #4496

The first thing you need to know is the difference between a deodorant and an antiperspirant. An antiperspirant has chemicals like aluminum to stop the sweating altogether. The aluminum salts plug the sweat glands, preventing perspiration.

On the other hand, a deodorant masks and neutralizes odor. But where does the stink come from in the first place? When the glands in your armpits emit sweat, the liquid interacts with the bacteria in the area to emit unsavory smells.

For me, the best aluminum-free deo is Dr. Hauschka Rose Deodorant. I believe it is around $24 in price. The first thing you'll notice about the Dr. Hauschka Rose Deodorant is that it tingles when you apply. It has ingredients like witch hazel and spearmint to refresh underarms without leaving any white flakes. In fact, it rolls on completely clear.

francis on #6519

Best deodorant for sweat will help neutralize sweating but without blocking the pores for sweat employs the use of compounds mostly of aluminum-based that releases aluminum ions. The ions will then penetrate the skin and plugs up the glands, and as a result, it will form a gel-like substance that sits on top of the endocrine pancreas, reducing the production of sweat. As with other cosmetic and skin care products, best deodorant for sweat may contain active ingredients that may be too harsh for sensitive skin. Fragrance and alcohols are among the ingredients the ingredients that may cause severe allergy for skin with higher sensitivity. Regardless, this should not be a reason to cut antiperspirant deodorants entirely. Best deodorant for sweat can offer natural and organic ingredient that is milder yet still effective in controlling perspiration.
        The best deodorants for underarms have many advantages: they stop the formation of bacteria that causes body odor. They contain alcohol and antimicrobial agents that help to reduce bacteria. But there are some disadvantages too which may affect your health. So it’s best to look at the ingredients of deodorants.

Jenny82 on #7063

I first used Nivea's deodorant spray for a few years and I was satisfied with it. However, I kept hearing about how bad deodorants that contain aluminum are and I read that they are specifically designed to block your pores and work against your body. That's when I decided to start using natural deodorants. Nothing with aluminum. I tried Toms, Baking Soda, but I was not happy with them. Then I finally found Kopari Coconut Oil Deodorant after reading a great article. I’ve been using this deodorant for the past few weeks and I have to say that I’m obsessed! It’s aluminum-free, baking-soda free, goes on smoothly, doesn’t leave any residue. The best thing for me is that it smells like coconut, but in a tropical, fresh laundry kind of way, not in a sugary daiquiri way.

Elizabeth Dy on #8258

Has anyone tried Kopari? I bought it in Sephora. It has five-star rating and the brand says it's having a hard time keeping the tubes in stock. It is a natural deodorant with coconut oil-infused. To be honest, I was skeptical at first. Imagine, something made with oil and smells like coconut? But I've been pleasantly surprised at how effective it is at keeping sweat and stickiness at bay. It's not a miracle worker, so after a full eight-hour day at work I could definitely need to apply again. But in general, for me, it works better than any natural deodorant I've tried. And I'm not the only one who says so, based on the reviews of other users.

Linda Parks on #24826

I don't think there are any Antiperspirants that are Aluminum Free. Traditional antiperspirants use a form of aluminum to block the sweat glands. Any Aluminum Free products that aim to reduce sweat are categorized as deodorants. And deodorants' function is to reduce odor in your armpit.
        The good thing is, there are other products that uses ingredients that can be an alternative to aluminum. These ingredients can also help in reducing sweat.
        One of the alternatives to aluminum are peptides. Those containing palmitoyl hexapeptide-19 and the combination of acetyl hexapeptide-30 (and) pentapeptide-18 were the most effective at reducing perspiration; by approximately 28% and 27%, respectively.

Viewing 6 reply threads
Reply To: What's The Best Aluminum-Free Deodorant?
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar