What's the best antiperspirant for men?

• Participant
        Wallace Trent on #801

Underarm sweating isn't the worst aspect of my hyperhidrosis but I still need extra protection there. Over the last couple of months I used Maxim antiperspirant – it is not that expensive and worked well enough.

Now summer makes it difficult to stop underarm sweating and I could use something stronger. Any recommendations? I thought about getting Certain Dri, but wouldn't mind spending more and go for a top of the class product. Basically I'm looking for the best antiperspirant for men, but which one is that?
        Ideally it would be something I can get “over the counter” and without an actual prescription.

• This topic was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by Rohit.
        • This topic was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Janice Damian.
      • Participant
        Leons on #804

Do you shave your underarms? You should take that into account when choosing. I'm not sure roll-ons are practical if you are hairy there. :mrgreen:

I have used Sweat Block and Drysol in the past, but now deal with sweaty armpits with Odaban. It is highly effective, the price is acceptable and it comes in spray. I would recommend you give Odaban a try. πŸ™‚

• Participant
        Leons on #805

Oh, and I forgot to add that there's Obadan foot powder and hand lotion as well. Sorry, don't want to sound like a commercial, but thought you might want to know! πŸ™‚
        I hope that other people will add more useful suggestions. πŸ™‚

• Participant
        Wallace Trent on #806

Do you shave your underarms? You should take that into account when choosing. I’m not sure roll-ons are practical if you are hairy there.

Hey man, I'm not answering that! Just joking… =D I keep it trimmed, seems like a happy compromise for a guy with sweaty armpits. 😳
        I looked up Obadan and it seems promising. Apparently the spray is fine even for the excessive head sweating when applied with a pad, so that's pretty useful. Did you ever use it on your face perhaps? And thanks for the tip!

• Participant
        Steve on #811

Dove Men + Care Clinical Protection is the best antiperspirant for men as far as I'm concerned. It's somewhat expensive but worth it. Make sure to apply it in the evening – even if you're not sweating at night, this is the best method to keep underarm sweat away. One thing, though – it's supposed to provide 48-hour protection, but in my case this is usually closer to 35-40 hours. It probably depends on a person.

• Participant
        Toby on #896

I always have trouble with antiperspirants in summer, because I'm sweating at night (we don't have an air conditioner in our bedroom yet!) and I cannot apply antiperspirants before I go to sleep. I mean – I can and I do – but they don't help as much as they would if I stayed dry during night.

While I don't know what's the best antiperspirant for men, I can tell you about those I've used so far. Maxim antiperspirant and Certain Dri worked okay for me, as well as Odaban. Didn't get such good results with Sweat Block. Currently I'm using Drysol solution, seems to be the best one so far!

• Participant
        Vivian Morden on #996

Well excuse me for barging into your little boys' club, but what's the difference between antiperspirants for men and antiperspirants for women? I've been using some of the products you're talking about, and my understanding is that most of these are unisex. Or am I wrong? Or is this topic simply about which unisex antiperspirant is the best antiperspirant for men specifically?

• Participant
        Wallace Trent on #1004

Well excuse me for barging into your little boys’ club, but what’s the difference between antiperspirants for men and antiperspirants for women?

I get it. This is directed at me since I'm the one who started the topic. Well, it wasn't my intention to be sexist and I'm sorry if it appeared that way.

In my experience (and as you probably know), many manufacturers really dub their antiperspirants “for men” or “for women”. However, you're right, I sort of believe antiperspirants that are supposed to offer a good hyperhidrosis treatment can be more or less unisex.

• Participant
        JessyDesouz on #2807

Well,I personally feel embarssed of the smell; I was suggested perspirex antiperspirant(http://athleticcleaner.com/perspirex/) by my friend.. I have been using it from past 6 weeks and I have found it really helpful in avoiding sweat and odor.

CarmelDecroz on #2816

My brother sweat a lot in summer.No matter what deodrant he uses but still he sweats profusley and smell really bad. He came across Perspirex antiperspirant deodorant(http://athleticcleaner.com/perspirex/) and has been using from a couple of weeks.. Perspirex deodorant is clinically proven perfume-free and non-staining formulation.

Vic Manuel on #3731

I discovered years ago that my arm pits were reacting by sweating to every antiperspirant that I tried. After trying quite a few, I would say that Nivea Silver Protect is the best I've ever found. When I was in Philippines and ran out of antiperspirant, I found it at a Watson's store. I can't find it for sale anywhere in the US but I was able order it from Amazon. Seriously, best I've ever found. Keeps me perfectly dry even in the hottest weather, no odor, and I'm very sensitive to these kinds of things and this causes me no itching or rash. A bottle will last me over 2 months.

elmer on #3808

Hey guys! My only suggestion is to stop looking at the marketing messages on the front label, and tilted at the concentration of active ingredients on the back. Antiperspirants work by blocking your sweat glands, and those containing higher levels of aluminum chloride or an aluminum-zirconium compound are most effective. Here are the numbers to look for: 12 percent aluminum chloride or 20 percent aluminum zirconium. Two products that hit the requirements are Certain Dri and Dove Men + Care Clean Comfort Clinical Protection. An antiperspirant won't work if you're already sweating, so the best time to apply it is at night. Showering in the morning won't wash off your protection. Now, if you don't sweat much, all you need is deodorant to kill odor-causing bacteria or mask stink.

• Participant
        Timmy Stevenson on #4314

I would stick with your first choice which is Certain Dri. It's the over the counter prescription antiperspirant that you don't need to get from a doctor. It works for 72 hours with only one application. I never have to worry about leaking though my shirt and embarrassing myself. I by far think that is one of the best antiperspirants for men or women. If you haven't tried this product or want to get rid of your excessive sweating in all areas of your body, check out their website for free samples!! I have applied this product to my hands and face and it works well too (Just dry it with a hairdryer to lock in the formula into your skin). I hope you guys find what works for your hyperhidrosis!!

Wesley on #4372

The words deodorant and antiperspirant are used almost interchangeably, but they’re entirely different things.

First, believe it or not, sweat is completely odorless. The foul smell occurs when the sweat that travels through the glands reaches the skin’s surface and mixes with bacteria. Deodorant helps control the smell by covering it with a scent. Antiperspirant, on the other hand, contains aluminumβ€”an active ingredient that, when applied and absorbed into the skin, prevents sweating.

I’m a big fan of MenScience products and their deodorant is a big reason why.

They did an amazing job of creating a deodorant that’s not only highly effective but also incredibly long lasting; it will stop your bad body odor and will easily last ALL day.

Plain and simple, if you’re looking for the best deodorant for men out there, this is it.

The Molton Brown on the other hand, perfectly combines everything a man needs in an antiperspirant deodorant: masculine fragrance, effective formula and non-irritating ingredients

David Grand on #4570

I've been using Maxim deodorant for about 3 years now and at the time to look on Amazon to see if I could get more online at a cheaper price I found Certain Dri as an alternative… I was a little tentative just because I remember what it was like to have enormous sweat marks under my arms all the time and I really don't wanted to come back to that sort of life. But finally I gave it a shot and in a few days since I started using the new antiperspirant, I only need to use it once a week in the winter and twice a week in the summer even when it only claims 72-hour protection (That is so good to me). Oh, and I have no itching problems at all (Second good thing).

DavidR on #5409

Old Spice antiperspirants are the best. Don’t know why people say that old spice is for old men. I’m 25 years old and I’ve used old spice for 7 years and I don’t regret!!I feel confident all day-I don’t sweat! Additionally I don’t have got stains on my t-shirts and it’s really important to me!

• Participant
        Timmy Stevenson on #4312

I would stick with your first choice which is Certain Dri. It's the over the counter prescription antiperspirant that you don't need to get from a doctor. It works for 72 hours with only one application. I never have to worry about leaking though my shirt and embarrassing myself. I by far think that is one of the best antiperspirants for men or women. If you haven't tried this product or want to get rid of your excessive sweating in all areas of your body, check out this link prescription strength I have applied this product to my hands and face and it works well too (Just dry it with a hairdryer to lock in the formula into your skin). I hope you guys find what works for your hyperhidrosis!!

• Participant
        Timmy Stevenson on #4313

I would stick with your first choice which is Certain Dri. It's the over the counter prescription antiperspirant that you don't need to get from a doctor. It works for 72 hours with only one application. I never have to worry about leaking though my shirt and embarrassing myself. I by far think that is one of the best antiperspirants for men or women. If you haven't tried this product or want to get rid of your excessive sweating in all areas of your body, check out this link http://www.certaindri.com/login?layout=consumer_create I have applied this product to my hands and face and it works well too (Just dry it with a hairdryer to lock in the formula into your skin). I hope you guys find what works for your hyperhidrosis!!

DavidR on #5408

Old Spice antiperspirants are the best!!don’t know why people say that old spice is for old men.I’m 25 years old and I’ve used old spice for 7 years and I don’t regret!!I feel confident all day-I don’t sweat! I saw this https://oldspice.com/en/content/original-classic-solid-deodorant and decided to buy a deodorant.Adidtionally I don’t have got stains on my t-shirts and it’s really important to me!

Marissa on #5584

My husband tested a ton of deodorants and antiperspirants and now he is using Nivea Men Fresh Active deodorant. I think he will stick with it since it really controls his sweating and it smells good also.

Leo on #5821

I am using Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Dry Spray Antiperspirant. Very affordable. Absorption is instant and provides up to two days of wetness protection.

Thomas Riley on #5974

Work to sustain sweat. They block the sweat ducts by creating a gel plug that activates once certain ingredients encounter wetness, reducing the amount that reaches your skin. This, in turn, prevents any potential bacteria that can develop, therefore eliminating unpleasant aromas your body produces. The gel plug can then be rinsed off with a shower.
        Know that the best time of day to apply the perspiration inhibitor is right before bed. Making it part of your nighttime grooming routine will unleash its magical properties when the body is less active. . It accomplishes this by creating an invisible and impenetrable shield to plug those sweat glands.

David Kepler on #5953

Hi,,,,
        We’re men. We sweat. And if we’re not careful, we smell. Yes, we all know about proper hygiene and grooming; we shower, we add cologne. Everyone sweats but not everyone stinks. Sweating is one of nature’s brilliant ways to keep our body cool and clean. Unfortunately due to stinking smell, we humans tend to have a hate relationship with this act. The real culprit behind the sweat is bacteria which eliminates microscopic smelly bombs on our skin. If stinking is something that bothers you all the time, give a try with one of the best antiperspirant deodorants for men from our list and fix your problem right away.

franco on #6419

Hi I always get sweat marks under my armpits and no matter what I cannot seem to get rid of them no matter the season… I have tried every deodorant out there possible.. And nothing works!!! .. Just started using the anti-perspiration containing aluminium chloride and have noticed an improvement already, although I just experienced the pain of applying it 10 hours after shaving! Even though its good its annoying how it can easily irritate skin of you do not follow the exact steps. For now i am still looking for some effective product. Can you recommend something useful and effective? thanks.

axel on #6859

hi,
        As with other cosmetic and skin care products, best deodorant for sweat may contain active ingredients that may be too harsh for sensitive skin. Fragrance and alcohols are among the ingredients the ingredients that may cause severe allergy for skin with higher sensitivity. Regardless, this should not be a reason to cut antiperspirant deodorants entirely. Best deodorant for sweat can offer natural and organic ingredient that is milder yet still effective in controlling perspiration.

Ian Hendrickson on #7083

I have hyperhidrosis and also work as a personal trainer (yes I chose a bad career for my sweating issue haha) but thankfully a coworker actually turned me onto Certain Dri. It's been a game changer for me… and my clients. Definitely recommend trying it out if you're still trying to find another option.

IanH on #7114

I know for me regular deodorants just don't get the job done. I'm sweating through my shirt in the first thirty minutes after I leave the house. I started using Certain Dri. It's a clinical strength antiperspirant and has made such a huge difference in my life. I apply it at night time too so I don't forget.

Ernesto on #7651

If you don’t need superstrong stuff, a lot of guys like the scent of Dove’s men’s skin-care line.

Yured on #7794

hi,

I used to sweat a lot even when i am sitting inside an air conditioned room. I'm so frustrated that i don't know how to treat this excessive sweating.
        Until one day, I chance upon this product that changed my life.
        Try using “SweatBlock

This really is an amazing product. It really works on me. It might work on you too. Goodluck !

Kim on #8218

Ever heard of Jack Black Pit Boss? For me it is the best antiperspirant and deodorant. It really do wonders. I like it personally because it is a stick and smells attractively good and lasts longer to me. The smell is fantastic, it goes on super smoothly. It also provides great glide action. The invisible solid glides on easily, leaving no trace of residue on my skin or clothes. I keep coming back to this deodorant. I’ve tried literally so many deodorants and none have worked like this one. I use it every day after showering and before going to bed.

Kaz on #8295

Try Old Spice High Endurance Pure Sport Deodorant. I am very sensitive to smells eversince, that is why finding the right deodorant years ago took time. But Original Scent Old Spice is one that I can't think anyone would object to. This deodorant comes in a bluish color. It is ideal for guys who lead an active lifestyle. It also doesn’t leave white debris on clothes.

I tend to sweat pretty easily, and while the rest of me gets damp, my armpits stay dry. This stuff goes on smooth and stays attached to your armpit and hair. It doesn't cause streaks on my clothes that I've noticed. It is a clearly masculine scent without being overpowering. It smells earthy, a little bit spicy, and a little bit clean. I think the scent of Original will work for everyone from child to elder.

Mario on #9989

Never thought I'd be leaving a review for deodorant, but here I am.

I've been using ARM & HAMMER ULTRAMAX Anti-Perspirant Deodorant for a while now. As someone with migraines triggered by odors & scents, deodorant products were very tough to deal with either when smelling them on others, or using them personally. I tried looking for the perfect antiperspirant and deodorant for my issues. It didn't take long for me to settle on Arm and Hammer as my go-to. It performs as advertised, and has been a lifesaver for me.

Highly recommended for those with issues similar to mine, or for people looking for something unobtrusive but effective.

David Adel on #12224

If any type of aluminum antiperspirant happens to irritates your skin, or if sweat is not really a big problem for you, it may be the right time to try a deodorant-only product. If you do switch from an antiperspirant to a natural deodorant, you may feel extra wet at first, as they really do not reduce sweat. But that does not mean it will not be effective. A good deodorant employs natural ingredients that fight the bacteria that cause odor.

You must try Agent Nateur Holi(man). It has no fragrances, natural deodorants usually get their scents from essential oils, which smell very differently than baby powder–esque traditional deodorants.Β 
        J hayes on #13505

Certain Dri is my favorite brand for excessive sweating. It is best to apply at night so the aluminum will settle down in the sweat glands, which is harder to do during the day when you’re actively producing sweat. Certain Dri is so strong that you may start slowly, say, using it evert other night.

My next favorite is SweatBlock. One wipe can be effective for up to seven days. Like Certain Dri, SweatBlock is supposed to be applied at night.

Collier on #13506

I've used deo-only products for years, and lots of them just didn't worked, or don't work for long, or have so much baking soda that they give rashes.

The absolute best I've found for effectiveness AND lack of irritation AND totally clear application is the Arm & Hammer Essentials. The fragrances are light, pleasant, and naturalistic (except for the newer Rosemary Lavender, which smells loudly of generic laundry detergent), and all of them contain antimicrobials ethylhexylglycerin and Octenidine HCl. I don't know whether those are meant to combat microbial growth *in the product itself* or on skin but that's the gold standard.

Trence on #22028

For me the best is the Olivina Men's aluminum-free deodorant. As they claimed it, it safely fights odor-causing bacteria with their gentle formula that's easy on sensitive skin and it won't stain clothes. In other brands of deodorants I tried, all of them stained my whites and it is really annoying since I love wearing white shirts. I am suffering from excessive sweating and foul odor but this deodorant works well for me. I also love the smell of it, the aroma of Bourbon Cedar which kept me feeling fresh and confident all day long. In just two weeks of using the product, I became odor-free and sweat-free.

Joemar on #23232

I am using Old Spice. Though its branding has been updated, this is the antiperspirant I used when I went through puberty. And it works just as well today as it did during those awkward years.

James on #23855

You've probably heard “Native”. This brand seems to be everywhere at the moment. But their cruelty-free, all-natural deodorants do live up to the hype. They're highly effective and contain natural moisturizers and probiotics that help ward off bad, odor-causing bacteria. Customers especially love their fragrance options, which include novelty seasonal scents, but the unscented stick is a great pick for those with sensitive skin.

Earl James on #24922

Everyone has different body chemistry. One anti-perspirant product maybe suitable to you but will not be as effective and suitable to others.

In my case, I am using “Certain Dri” brand. It's a bit expensive but this brand is one the most highly recommended by experts for excessive sweating.
        If you want best results, you should apply this at night for the aluminum to settle down in the sweat glands. As we all know Aluminum is the key formulation to all Antiperspirant products. Aluminum compounds create a plug in the sweat duct reducing the flow of sweat. Applying “Certain Dri” during the day makes the Aluminum harder to settle down because you're more actively producing sweat during these time.

incest porn on #25354

Really enjoyed this post.Really thank you! Keep writing. makaberzux

Viewing 37 reply threads
Reply To: What's the best antiperspirant for men?
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar