Why Do My Palms Always Feel Sweaty?

Michael on #13923

This is my problem. I am only 15. I have noticed that my hands sweat and it is like they always have a film on them. It has really affected my social life. I do not sweat on my body anywhere else but my palms. Why does it sweats when it didn't before? What can I do to control it? Surgery is not a thing as I have no money for that. I am looking for a natural way. Can someone help me please?

Steven on #13927

The best way to find out what is causing this is to talk to a doctor who can examine you.

Most people who get sweaty palms a lot don't have a health problem. But there is a medical condition called hyperhidrosis that can cause a person's palms, feet, armpits, and other parts of the body to sweat heavily.

Hyperhidrosis usually begins around puberty. If a person has hyperhidrosis, a number of things can trigger the sweating, including alcohol, certain drugs, hormones, spicy foods, stress, and diseases like diabetes.

The good news about hyperhidrosis is that doctors have several different options for treating it. These include prescription solutions that a person applies to the skin and in-office electrical treatments. If you can, make an appointment to see your doctor and talk about what's happening. Or let your doctor know what's going on the next time you have a regular checkup.

Johnny B on #14241

I agree with Steven, you must see a doctor to assess your situation. I once had hyperhidrosis not only on the palms but on my feet also. Where are you located? I can give you a recommendation to the doctor who treated me. I am sweat free now.

Jerome on #15257

A person can take several steps at home to reduce sweating. However, it is important to stop using these methods if they seem to be causing irritation or an allergic reaction.

Also, if a person sees a doctor for treatment, they should inform the doctor of any home remedies that they have tried or are using.
        Antiperspirants are topical treatments that come in many Trusted Source strengths.

Those available in most stores are “regular” strength, but a person can often purchase “clinical” strength varieties over the counter. Doctors can prescribe those that are even stronger.

It is important to apply antiperspirants properly. A person may not be using regular antiperspirants correctly, leading them to buy stronger varieties unnecessarily.

To apply an antiperspirant to the hands correctly:

Use it just before bed.
        Apply the antiperspirant to completely dry skin.
        Never cover the hands after using the treatment, to help prevent irritation.

RaFa on #16054

If you're dealing with excess sweat all the time, then it is about time to check in with your doctor. There are different treatments doctors can employ to address sweaty palms and other symptoms of hyperhidrosis. To determine which kind of hyperhidrosis you have, your doctor may ask about your medical history and run labs or other tests to measure your sweating.

​Teresa Cheong on #17149

If you have hyperhidrosis, organic apple cider vinegar can keep your sweaty palms dry by balancing pH levels in your body. You can wipe your palms with apple cider vinegar. Leave it on overnight for best effect. You may also want to include 2 tablespoons in your daily diet. It tastes better with honey and water or with a fruit juice.

GaRYGREEN on #19651

Baking soda is a quick and inexpensive way to reduce sweaty hands. Most people have a box of baking soda in their kitchen or bathroom. The effectiveness of baking soda on cleaning and whitening teeth is well-known, but you may not realize how baking soda functions as an antiperspirant and deodorant. Because baking soda is alkaline, it can reduce sweating and make sweat evaporate quickly. Mix a couple teaspoons of baking soda with water to create a paste. Rub the paste over your hands for about five minutes and then wash your hands.

Sarah Belle on #20481

I had ETS surgery. ETS surgery involves making two small incisions on either side of the chest and cutting the specific nerve pathways that lead to the sweat glands in the hands. This minimally invasive procedure is often done on an outpatient basis. When I got home from surgery, I noticed that my hands had stopped sweating completely, and I was so excited. If someone else with this condition is thinking about the surgery, I would definitely tell them to look into it.

marvin A on #22465

Sweaty hands and feet usually are not caused by a disease. This problem tends to begin in childhood. It often runs in the family. The sweating becomes worse with emotion and stress. It does not happen when you are asleep.

Victor S on #23690

Palmar Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition in which a person sweats excessively and unpredictably from their hands. People with palmar hyperhidrosis may sweat even when the temperature is cool or when they are at rest.

Sweating helps the body stay cool. In most cases, it is perfectly natural. People sweat more in warm temperatures, when they exercise, or in response to situations that make them nervous, angry, embarrassed, or afraid.

However, excessive hand sweating occurs without such triggers. Those with palmar hyperhidrosis appear to have overactive sweat glands. The uncontrollable sweating can lead to significant discomfort, both physical and emotional.

Hyperhidrosis of the hands, feet, and armpits, this group is called primary hyperhidrosis, affects 2 – 3 percent of the population, yet less than 40 percent of patients with this condition seek medical advice. In the majority of primary hyperhidrosis cases, no cause can be found. It seems to run in families.

If the sweating occurs as a result of another medical condition, it is called secondary hyperhidrosis. The sweating may be all over the body, or it may be in one area.

Matteo Flores on #25583

Excessive sweating in the palm area can be triggered by following reasons: stressful events, anxiety, fear, anger, embarrassment and nervousness and strenuous activities.
        However, if Palmar Hyperhidrosis occurs even without these triggers, it may be the result of another medical condition. You should see a doctor and seek medical advice.
        If seeing a doctor is not in your options, you may try natural remedies at home. Try applying organic apple cider vinegar. Wipe your hands with ACV and leave it there for hours before washing. You may also leave it overnight for best result. You might want to add Baking Soda. Use it together with the apple cider vinegar.
        During the day, when you have somewhere else to go, you may use Antiperspirant sprays. It will help with your Palmar Hyperhidrosis.

Earl Allen on #25716

Has anyone tried using Carpe Antiperspirant Lotion?
        It has different kinds of lotion each for the Hand, Feet, Thigh, and Underarms. It is also highly recommended by Dermatologists.
        Some use it twice a day. One in the morning, before going to school or work. And one at night before bedtime.
        And because it is quite expensive, I only use it once during day time. And gladly, once a day of application is more than enough to stop my excessive sweating from my hands and feet.
        I have used many other brands of Antiperspirants but nothing came close to CARPE. This is one of the best purchases I’ve made in my life.

Serena D, on #27503

Consult a dermatologist. Dermatologists help patients control excessive sweating. Before treatment begins, it is important to find out why a patient has excessive sweating. Treatment depends on the type of hyperhidrosis and where the excessive sweating occurs on the body. If excessive sweating affects your hands, feet, or both areas, iontophoresis may be an option. You will use this treatment at home. If this treatment is right for you, your dermatologist will teach you how to use the device and give you a prescription so that you can buy one. Some patients also receive a prescription for a medicine that they add to the tap water.

Viewing 12 reply threads
Reply To: Why Do My Palms Always Feel Sweaty?
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar