Yoga for Hyperhidrosis

Ajie on #9157

I am feeling anxious most of the time, and whenever I am, I sweat a lot. I am trying all the best I can to fight this sweating, and practising yoga is one of the things I am doing to manage this. Yoga is not only an effective stress reliever, but also a way to ease symptoms of anxiety.

Yoga is a extreme physical and challenging. It is a sequence of activity that involves movements together with breath. Pose to pose, while maintaining deep, rhythmic breathing.

The first few times I practised yoga I still could hardly make it through the entire session. Since I am a beginner, I can only do the what they called the Easy Pose. It actually means sitting with your back straight against the wall. It is helpful if you fold a thick blanket into firm support about six inches high. Sit on one edge of the support and stretch out your legs in front of you on the floor. Cross-fold and flex your legs in a way that your feet is at exactly below the knees of the opposite legs. Stretch your back straight and place your hands on your knees. Keep your focus on your breath and sit in this position for at least a minute.

Can yoga and meditation help hyperhidrosis?

The answer is yes. Yoga gives miraculous results when you did it right. But since it is all about bending your body, taking it as easy can also cause serious injuries. I bet you will fall in love with yoga. Doing yoga allow me to check myself while also controlling my excessive sweating. I found comfort knowing I could always find peace by coming back to my mat and renewing my practice. Closing your eyes might be very helpful for increasing focus and providing a relaxing state of meditation.

Divine R on #9174

Hi Ajie,

Thank you for pointing out about yoga and its benefit on people suffering from excessive sweating. I am also thinking of doing yoga every evening when I have a time to keep my body flexible. I also have excessive body sweats maybe because I am fat. Excessive sweating is more common in people who are overweight or out of shape. Can my hyperhidrosis be cured permanently with yoga? How long should I do yoga? I have a friend who seems to start sweating more and she thinks yoga only triggers her hyperhidrosis? Can anyone here please enlighten us?

Thanks in advance.

Divine

Cherry on #9204

I also controlled my hyperhidrosis by doing yoga every day. Sweating during yoga is both a physical response to increased and intense breathing as well as a heated space, common to power vinyasa style practice. Tolerating heat in terms of being able to maintain a consistent breathing pattern as well as fluidity of movement pose to pose is essential in order to experience its cleansing effects. You can try group yoga. It is much exciting than doing it alone. Sweating during yoga is just normal. So you do not have to worry if it appears you are sweating more while doing it.

Divine R on #9305

Thanks for the clarification Cherry! Do I need to go on a diet or take any supplements while doing yoga to faster the result?

Cherry on #9686

Hey Divine,

I do not think you need to go on a diet but it would be best if you do so. Not only you will control your excessive sweating but it also helps you lose weight the healthy way. East a balanced diet works best.

Drinking lots of water will also help. Around three to four liters per day for best result.

Supplements are also not necessary but would also help, too. This will help you get sound sleeps at night and it prevents you for feeling weak when you are over worked.

Hope this helps. Good luck to your sweat journey!

-Cherry

Lily on #10438

Well, I think you cannot manage your excessive sweating with just yoga alone. Yoga just helps you learn to control the stress that triggers sweating. You might also need to change your lifestyle. That includes regular bathing to keep the number of bacteria on your skin in check. Dry yourself thoroughly, especially between the toes and under the arms. Use antiperspirant. Eat a balanced diet.

Besides talking with your doctor, you may also want to talk with a counselor or a medical social worker. Or you may find it helpful to talk with other people who have hyperhidrosis.

Meagan on #12223

Yoga actually restores your nervous system and calms you down. Sounds lofty, I know, but I have done yoga classes where I am completely dry by the time I arrive at shavasana (corpse pose). I’ve left the class wanting to cry tears of joy for experiencing an activity dry like “normal” people do all the time.

So, stop making those excuses as to why you think you can’t try yoga and be sweaty at the same time. If you’re extra worried, do a hot yoga class where everyone is sweating right alongside you and you can better blend in. After all, you’ve got the products now to help you.

Sandra Mirkovic on #12882

I do not know whether natural remedies are effective in the treatment of hyperhidrosis. It might control but not totally eradicate. I strongly suggest you talk to a healthcare professional about your excessive sweating. Discuss any natural remedies that you may be considering with your physician. Natural remedies can be powerful and so your doctor will want to discuss any potential contra-indications and to warn you about potential side effects.
        Also tell your doctor about any and all herbal supplements, vitamins, and over-the-counter and prescription medicines that you are be taking. This is crucial because over-the-counter products, prescription medicines, herbs, and supplements have the potential to interact with each other – sometimes dangerously.
        Also, consider proven treatments such as antiperspirants, iontophoresis, and Botox injections as well as natural remedies.

Coraline Macias on #27535

It is clear that excessive sweating is a big problem. Often the most effective treatments are lifestyle changes and natural practices that can reduce stress, that also helps reduce sweating. Relaxation techniques such as yoga and meditation can help you learn to control the stress that triggers sweating. If the cause of the excessive sweating is anxiety-related, you need to focus on reducing your anxiety. But if the cause of your excessive sweating is any underlying medical conditions, you might not achieve any changes with natural treatments.
        It is better to determine first what triggers or what causes your excessive sweating.

Jigs on #27678

Yoga and other exercises works for hyperhidrosis. Sweating profusely during a workout isn't uncommon. But we also understand the multitude of benefits yoga offers that no other form of exercise does. Sweating helps release heat, which helps maintain optimal body temperature.

Viewing 9 reply threads
Reply To: Yoga for Hyperhidrosis
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar