Tea Tree Oil for Plantar Hyperhidrosis

Elena V. on #1438

Here we can talk about a lesser known natural remedy that helps with hyperhidrosis – Tea Tree Oil.
        Good for treating sweaty feet, tea tree oil is renowned for its antifungal effect and the dryness it leaves on the skin. It needs to be carefully dosed to avoid irritation. Even despite this, irritation can occur with some people, after which you need to stop with the treatment.

Still, Tea Tree Oil is a mild alternative plantar hyperhidrosis treatment. I can't wait to use some!

I'm really starting to dig the whole natural herbal remedies approach to hyperhidrosis. The way this is going, I'll become self-proclaimed herbalist here. 😀

• Participant
        Plastic Pete on #1439

Oh yes, that's great! I don't use it regularly on my feet, but we always keep a bottle in the house. It has many uses, pretty much a little miracle worker.
        For example, check this out: 20 Great uses to Tea Tree Oil

Elena are you having any success with it? How often do you apply it? I take it about twice a month, mostly for its antifungal properties.

Brey on #4096

Smelly feet and excessive sweating is caused by the interaction of microbes (chiefly, bacteria) with the sweat and dead skin cells on your feet. The metabolism of these bacteria can leave odiferous byproducts that are “cheesy” in smell.
        Tea tree oil is known as melaleuca oil. It is extracted of the leaves of the narrow-leaved tea tree, Melaleuca alternifolia. It is known to have a fresh, camphor-like smell, and has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. When applied to the feet, tea tree oil can help fight the growth of microbes that cause foot odor, and its potent natural fragrance can help mask any existing foot odors.

Sheila on #4186

Tea tree oil is an excellent astringent and anti fungal agent. Most people with Hyperhidrosis develop fungal infection as a result of the perpetual moisture on the skin surface. It works by drying the skin off the sweat and also helps in treating the fungal infections on the skin, making it a dual treatment method favored by people suffering from Hyperhidrosis.

The oil is very strong and must be applied on the skin only after diluting with water. Apply a thin coat of tea tree oil on the area like armpits, back of the neck, feet, face, groin area, under the breast, inner elbows and behind the knee. Allow the oil to dry out and reapply as needed.

Mariz on #4236

I am having a problem under my arm pits. It started years ago and it was only about once or twice a year. I used tea tree essential oil. But while using them the problem has become more severe. This is happening under both arm pits. I sweat under my arms quite badly. I've tried that and it just won't work for me. After about half the day I can't stand myself (the smell). Can you give me an advice? Can you help to clear up this problem and offer some something to either prevent it or to use the next time it occurs? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Jayjay on #4457

Tea tree oil has well-documented antibacterial and astringent properties and is useful in treating a number of skin conditions including abrasions, insect bites, stings, and boils. In fact, the Aboriginal People of Australia have known about the medicinal benefits of tea trea oil for several millennia.

However, there is no well-designed scientific research confirming its effectiveness. Small scale clinical studies have had positive results for treating athlete’s foot and nail fungus but whether it’s an effective cure for smelly feet and sweating remains unclear.

I suggest you to try using iontophoresis machine instead for faster remedy. I used Hidrex before and it was effective.

Jane on #4510

I also suffered from excessive sweating for over 15 years and I continued searching and reading many articles finding treatments. Then I started using Magnesium Chloride transdermally which worked wonders to me but then when I stopped using it for a few days, I started to sweat again.

I continued my research for the treatment that is right for me until I found the real cure for excessive sweating – Hemp Oil. It has been 3 weeks since I started using this oil and the results have been satisfying. I work in a hot climate and it is such a relief to finish work each day not covered in a lather of sweat.

William on #4653

Hi this is William from California. Let me share my insights. I believe tea tree essential oil can help with any skin fungus issues that have come from excessive perspiration because it is considered an astringent and anti-fungal agent. Tea tree will not only help dry the skin out, but also help fight fungal infections.

Another effective alternative to try is sage. Sage’s constituents have a normalizing effect on both the sweat glands and the nervous system. Sage can also strengthen the body's metabolism and glandular function. Sage can control night sweats and excessive perspiration. Results should show within 2-3 weeks.

Igor B on #8070

Oils really do wonders! Just like tea tree oil! It may have three names but its good for one sweaty detail.
        Just soak a cotton ball tea tree oil and then apply this on the sweat prone areas. Do this regularly. If you have sensitive skin, dilute it by adding 4 – 5 drops of tea oil to 1/2 cup of water. I tried it and it works well!

Viewing 8 reply threads
Reply To: Tea Tree Oil for Plantar Hyperhidrosis
Your information:

Skip to toolbar