The Worst Type of Hyperhidrosis?

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

Mouse on #2272

What is the worst type of hyperhidrosis?

I have sweaty hands and feet, and to me it seems that palmar hyperhidrosis is the worst. Why? Well, I can never really hide my sweaty hands: my palms are always out there when I'm among people, interacting, gesticulating, shaking hands, pulling out my cell phone, typing, signing a receipt, and so on.

And yes, there's that other thing: I use my hands all the time. I need them dry and not covered with thin layer of excessive sweat all day long. So, if you ask me, the worst type of hyperhidrosis is the one that gives you sweaty hands.

But then, I'm aware that everyone finds his or her own burden to be the worst, so in all fairness, I would like to hear other people's opinion as well. Hence my question… Looking forward to reading your answers.

• Participant
        Leb on #2273

I don't think it's really possible to ultimately answer your question. As you say yourself, everyone's burden is the heaviest one to that particular person… And not every palmar hyperhidrosis is the same. Someone with very sweaty hands will have worse hyperhidrosis than the patient with mild axillary hyperhidrosis; but on the other hand, horribly sweaty underarms can be worse than mildy sweaty hands…

Also, another factor is a suitable hyperhidrosis treatment. I have palmar hyperhidrosis, and I am thankful at least that it can be relatively easily treated with iontophoresis for sweaty hands. Head sweating, or even underarm sweating are not that easy to treat, I think. So you see, there are many factors here… And to be honest, maybe it really is in poor taste to discuss which type of hyperhidrosis is the worst. We are all in this together. Let all hyperhidrosis be equally ‘bad'. 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: The Worst Type of Hyperhidrosis?
Your information:

Skip to toolbar