27 years of battling hyperhidrosis of the feet is gone!!! Vitamin d deficient.

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

Tate on #8393

I have had hyperhidrosis since I was in High School. I am 46 now. I just grew accustomed to my feet being raw under all of my toes, toe joints, and heels. Daytime skin wet all day. it would dry a little try to grow back and if it did it would crack. Cycle would start back next day. I Just set the pain to the side but the smelly shoes made life miserable for me and caused anxiety and bouts of depression. Embarrassed I wouldnt even talk to a doctor about it until my 30’s. Even then they pointed me to all the tricks and trials. Nothing ever really worked. All of a sudden last year my doctor said you have a vitamin d deficiency. Started taking vitamin d and slowly I stopped sweating. It hit me one day when I noticed my sock was dry. Then another day same thing. And for the first time in decades my feet on the bottoms had skin without thick ridges where the sweat area sunk in from non sweat area. No raw painful areas. It’s been six months now. Im not sweating at all!!! I wanted to believe my Cpap machine could be the reason. But I’d been on it for two years. So I read that excess sweat can be from vit d deficiency. It may not be everyone’s problem but please get your vit d level checked!!!! If this helps one person It would be worth me getting my story on here. Took about a month of the vit d in my body to level and then boooom! It’s changed my life. I am not scared to go places or be close to someone at work. I have kept the same pair of shoes for months. My anxiety has eased off tremendously. I will pray for everyone battling this. Stay strong good people.

Mike Sholic on #8450

Yes, sweating is linked to vitamin D deficiency. An expert once says that one of the first signs of vitamin D deficiency is a sweaty head. Most of the time, sweating is not a problem. It is actually good for your health as it releases toxins buried in the fat cells underneath the skin. However, excessive sweating may indicate a deficiency in vitamin D. If you have given birth, you probably remember that the physician asked you several times during the first months of childbirth whether your newborn has a sweaty head. The reason is simple, sweaty head and excessive sweating is one of the first and earliest symptoms of vitamin D deficiency. One of the reasons why people experience symptoms of vitamin D deficiency is their limited exposure to sunlight, a diet low in fish, dairy products and egg yolks.

Jona on #8847

Hello.
        I'm sorry because dont speak english.
        I'm only want to ask one question. How much vit d do you take per day?
        Thanks

Dane Bardot on #24964

Craniofacial hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating of the head, face, and scalp can be linked with Vitamin D deficiency.
        Excessive sweating in the head is one of the first and earliest symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency.
        Some reasons why people have vitamin D deficiency is their lack of exposure to sunlight, dairy products and egg yolks, and a diet low in fish .
        It all makes sense since my 5 year old nephew began to sweat excessively in the head during lockdowns due to Covid-19 pandemic. Even right after taking a bath, even a few body movement and the sweats are already dripping out from his head.
        Unfortunately, he is allergic to eggs, and her Mom do no want any fish yet on his diet. He wasn't also allowed to go outside and have sunlight exposure because of the Pandemic.

Hayley on #27574

I am soooooo glad I have come across this and will be asking my doctor first thing in the morning to check my vitamin d levels!! Thank you so much for sharing this information

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: 27 years of battling hyperhidrosis of the feet is gone!!! Vitamin d deficient.
Your information:

Skip to toolbar