Antiperspirant Solution for Iontophoresis

• Participant
        Leb on #1707

Please recommend me the best antiperspirant solution that can be used with iontophoresis.

I need something that is either created to be used in iontophoresis water during the treatment, or a random antiperspirant solution that can be used this way.

In case a type of device matters, I still have Hidrex PSP1000 with pulsed current. I use regular tap water from my household. What I would love to hear is an antiperspirant recommendation by someone who actually used it this way and had good results and no bad side effects. 🙂

My hands are sensitive so I have to be very careful when trying out a new hyperhidrosis treatment. Thank you!

Carmela Chua on #3683

Why do you need an antiperspirant when you already have an ionthophoresis device? Although it's primarily used to treat sweaty hands and feet it can also be used to treat excessive underarm sweating.
        For underarm application, you may place a wet pad containing an electrode under each armpit. The electrical current is then slowly increased until the patient feels a tingling sensation, something similar to ‘pins and needles'. This electrical stimulation temporarily blocks the sweat glands and reduces underarm sweating.
        Ionthophoresis alone works. Typical results for dramatically reduced sweating in the hands, feet and underarms are between 80% – 90%, but note that these are estimated averages and not results from clinical studies.

Harden on #3915

Unfortunately we cannot say if an antiperspirant will help you or not. Iontophoresis is reversible. If you stop the iontophoresis therapy, you will perhaps return to the original condition in weeks, so I cannot imagine that the antiperspirant could be less effective. My recommendation is do not use any Antiperspirant agents in conjunction with Iontophoresis. Iontophoresis can push ingredients of it in the body where some of them can cause serious issues. Same thing applies to treatments that can be brought with Iontophoresis in certain areas. The big advantage in this is that systemic side effects can be reduced in most cases significantly.

James on #3991

If you really want, try out a strong antiperspirant like Sweat Protect. But iontophoresis alone works! Iontophoresis can be very effective for hyperhidrosis even without antiperspirant. There are systems and attachments for use on the hands, feet, underarms, the face, neck and torso.
        Generally sweating stops after about four treatments with iontophoresis, so it's definitely worth checking out.
        I am using iontophoresis Electro Antiperspirant for my sweaty hands, feet and armpits few months and I have to say it is really working. After 4 therapies I was dry. I am really satisfied and happy for the first time in my sweaty life.

Jason Crew on #4318

Hi!

Antiperspirant with aluminum chloride is one of the many solutions to hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating. It is said to be the simplest and the less invasive solutions to treat your excessive sweating. We can buy over the counter antiperspirant or get a prescription from the doctor. But if your sweat is very excessive and seems not normal, then you should contact a dermatologist to get checked. I did!

You can get over the counter antiperspirant with aluminum chloride easily enough. However you should not use aluminum chloride solution if you are allergic to any ingredients contained inside aluminum chloride solution.

-J

Robert on #4437

Jason is right. If normal antiperspirants do not work, it is worth trying an antiperspirant that contains aluminium chloride. This is a type of strong antiperspirant. It works by blocking the openings of the sweat ducts. It tends to work best in the armpits. But it may also work for sweating of the palms and soles. Although it may also work on the face, some doctors do not recommend using this on the face, as it may cause severe eye irritation if it gets into an eye.

There are several brands of aluminium chloride-based antiperspirants that you can buy at pharmacies. Ask them about it. You may also be able to get some on prescription such as Anhydrol Forte®. However, it is important to use aluminium chloride-based antiperspirants correctly. There is an instruction on the packaging of aluminium chloride-based antiperspirants. You must follow it thoroughly.

Shein on #4518

I think iontophoresis itself is an electric antiperspirant that will remove any excessive sweating from your body quite easily. It also has aluminum chloride, so the precaution to use it also applied to this device.

This iontophoresis is a medically approved device that is completely safe and easy to use. I also used Hidrex PSP1000. Since the treatment of excessive sweating by iontophoresis electro antiperspirant will take about fifty days, if you purchase electro antiperspirant, it also includes a fifty days money back guarantee so that you can try out the device’s effectiveness at home without losing your money. Worth a try!

Kitt on #5080

I have suffered from excessive underarm sweating since I was 15. I believe it was stress related. I have two treatment options for my hyperhidrosis. The first is acupuncture, and the second is iontophoresis. The latter is the most commonly used treatment for hyperhidrosis of the underarms, hands and feet. There are systems and attachments for use on the hands, feet, underarms, the face, neck and torso. For an antiperspirant that can be used with it, you should try out a strong antiperspirant like Sweat Protect.

Viewing 7 reply threads
Reply To: Antiperspirant Solution for Iontophoresis
Your information:

Skip to toolbar