Has anyone tried Miradry? Did It Worked?

Posted In: MiraDry Forum

Jake on #3370

I am suffering from hyperhidrosis since 15 and I'm now 30. I have used every antiperspirant out there that's supposed to treat this condition, botox and even liposuction of my sweat glands. Has anyone used Miradry? If so, was it effective?

RJ on #3383

Yes, Highly recommended!

Jessa on #3529

Jake,

I have just finished my treatment. It's been a week now. It is effective. I don't sweat. I have no odor. The only minor issue is that sometimes when I extend my arms I feel very little limitation for range of motion, it feels as if my underarms need a little bit of tissue flexibility, however it doesn't happen every day.

Jessa

aby on #3790

I have always been conscious of my sweating as I’ve suffered from hyperhidrosis for the past 8 years. I tried injections and nothing worked. Once I heard about miraDry I decided it was worth a shot. I received my first treatment last week. The staff and doctor are very helpful and were quick to assist with my questions. They had me lay down on a table as they first administered a starch test. Then they began the injections which were a bit painful. The rest of the procedure was completely painless. I would say it took around 1hr 45min. I'm glad I tried this treatment because I could not be happier although I had minimal bruising and swelling that went away in days. This procedure really has been a life changing experience for me!

Frank0022 on #3921

I had my first Miradry treatment in late June 2010. The numbing shots are painful but treatment itself is painless. Following the treatment, once the numbing agent wears off, it feels like someone is holding a match to your underarms for about 12 hours. Swelling is substantial both under the arms and in the upper arms. The upside is, though, that I have zero sweating. Miradry is expensive, $3000 for two treatments spaced three months apart, but, it is permanent and so is very cost effective for those persons that are having regular Botox injections to lessen underarm sweating. Hope this is helpful. I think that Miradry will finally be the answer for all those persons are tired of every other method at perspiration control.

Bheng on #4020

I have suffered from hyperhidrosis since high school. I experienced increased and random sweating throughout my entire body, my hands, feet, and armpits are particularly bad.

I have tried various remedies and recently I heard about the MiraDry procedure, which has had wonderful reviews online and in clinical studies. Well after extensive research and saving money (it cost $2700USD) I signed up for the procedure.

I had my first treatment 2 weeks ago. From start to finish I was in the Doctors office for a good 2 1/2 hours. I had experienced swelling but today, swelling is gone. I have not worn deodorant since getting the procedure. My sweating has DRASTICALLY decreased.

If anyone has similar sweating issues and has thought about the MiraDry or tried other options with no luck, research the MiraDry procedure, it has truly CHANGED MY LIFE.

Colin45 on #4917

My son had the MiraDry procedure done twice, at the highest level, when he turned 18-years-old. Eighteen months later he began to show signs of sweating. He is now 22-years-old and we are shopping again for a procedure that works. He is using Iontoderma for a week now, one treatment per day. It's already showing good signs in terms of reducing sweaty palms. They said this product is also used for feet, but he haven't used it thus far since we bought it for the purpose of using on his hands. I would like to hear from others if any one has used it so far.

James on #5399

I considered Miradry along with ETS. But before I invest in such things, thankfully I found the Thompson Tee with patented Hydro-Shield Sweatproof Technology. Non-invasive and considerably less expensive. This shirt is machine washer and dryer safe so as convenient as your regular undershirt. Life changing for me so I highly recommend it. Good luck!

mike on #6139

hai
        I already tried the miradry treartment.The miraDry procedure is performed in the physician's office and typically takes one hour. Local anesthesia (usually lidocaine injections) will be administered before starting the treatment. the miraDry is just one of numerous treatment options for excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis). Typically, experts recommend that patients try antiperspirants first (over-the-counter “clinical” strength and/or prescription formulations) and then, if needed, progress to more invasive treatments.

carlo on #6436

For me, Having sweat on other parts of your body may not smell as bad as on the armpit. Some deodorant can stop the smell only a few hours after shower, then the sweat and the smell come back again. Sometimes it even leaves the stain on your white shirt. No matter how hygienic or well-groomed you are, this may affect your personality and make you insecure. Miradry is a great treatment for excessive sweating. MiraDry is for anyone who has been irritated by underarms sweating or for people who don’t want to use antiperspirants or deodorants every day. The chemical in deodorants may cause skin irritation or its scent may be too strong combined with your perfume. With miraDry, you won’t have to carry any of these products again!

-eddmarie on #6771

Hi,
        I hate when I’m with my friends and they all wear the cute clothes and I want to wear them too! I’m stuck wearing bigger clothing and sweatshirts so I don’t get embarrassed by the sweat marks. I’ve told my mom and we have tried every kind of deodorant, baby powder and these pads that u can put on the sleeves were armpits are and they don’t work either. It has been getting worse and I can’t stand it!! I don’t know what else to do!! 🙁 I only like wearing tank tops and sweatshirts and it gets hot wearing them but what else I can do!? All I have to do is put on my t-shirt and walk out of my room and I’m sweating! I have had to wear another shirt and then change into a different one later on during the day!! All I want is to be normal! I thought I was the only one and realized I’m not alone!

Frida on #7676

I have suffered from excessive sweating for many years and I have been receiving Botox injections to control it. I decided to have the miraDry treatment because although effective, my Botox treatments would only last about few months then I needed more injections. Also, the thought of never having to wear deodorant again, or less of it, was enough for me. The procedure was slightly uncomfortable maybe because I was afraid of needles, but overall was not painful and totally worth it for me. I have not sweat since and have not had to apply deodorant either.

Georgina on #7988

I tried Miradry and it was horrible, it actually made me worse. It was really expensive and insurances don’t cover it. My armpits were so swollen for months but I didn’t feel any pain because many people said it will hurt like hell after you do it but I think she put a lot of anesthesia but I didn’t like the results, not at all the ads say that it will stop sweating and odor FOREVER! and that’s completely fake. It didn’t stop the sweat at all, it made me even worse I was not allowed to use any type of deodorants/antiperspirants because it will cause irritation so it was embarrassing to go in public/work while I sweat a lot and smell bad. I would suggest Botox instead. It lasts 4-6 months and for me, it reduces sweat like 80%.

Viewing 12 reply threads
Reply To: Has anyone tried Miradry? Did It Worked?
Your information:

Skip to toolbar