Applying antiperspirants and resistance

• Participant
        Ross on #5849

Hi, most of the instructions for applying antiperspirants focus on doing so at night. But how do you guys manage after that – wouldn't your hands (with the antiperspirant) wet your bedsheets and clothes? Would you guys advise using a towel or something?

Also, why is it that antiperspirants wouldn't work after awhile. I've heard stories about this, is there some sort of resistance like antibiotics created?

Gellian on #5907

hello Ross,
        If “You want to be as dry as possible,the antiperspirant's active ingredients have a chance to do their job by seeping into pores and plugging sweat ducts,” That's why you should put on antiperspirants at night, before going to bed, rather than in the morning just after you get out of the shower.”It’s a good idea to test any new antiperspirant on a small area first to see if it bothers your skin. it takes awhile for antiperspirant to start working. Also, your sweat glands are less active when you’re sleeping because your body temperature naturally cools when you rest. This means the antiperspirant you choose doesn’t need to work as hard to give you the results you desire.If over-the-counter antiperspirants don’t work, your doctor can prescribe something stronger. Goodluck!

Gellian on #5906

hello Ross,
        If “You want to be as dry as possible,the antiperspirant's active ingredients have a chance to do their job by seeping into pores and plugging sweat ducts,” That's why you should put on antiperspirants at night, before going to bed, rather than in the morning just after you get out of the shower.”It’s a good idea to test any new antiperspirant on a small area first to see if it bothers your skin. it takes awhile for antiperspirant to start working. Also, your sweat glands are less active when you’re sleeping because your body temperature naturally cools when you rest. This means the antiperspirant you choose doesn’t need to work as hard to give you the results you desire.If over-the-counter antiperspirants don’t work, your doctor can prescribe something stronger. Goodluck!

dennis on #6127

Having the best deodorant for perspiration is your best shield for excessive sweating. As the top listed ingredient, an aluminum-based component is the real best deodorant for sweat. One of the ingredients to absorb sweat and balance pH levels may also contain baking soda in different concentrations; it is the best deodorant for sweat. furthermore, Antiperspirants plug up your sweat ducts, telling your body to stop making sweat in those areas. Don’t get these mixed up with deodorants, which only mask odor and don’t stop the sweat It’s a good idea to test any new antiperspirants and above all see if it is really advisable for you to used.

ditchie on #6185

I am 22 year old female and had this problem since 12 years old! I teard up reading all the comments cause i know exactly how everyone feels on here! it sucks feeling insecure all the time. I love going out with my friends but I dread going out to different places in fear of embarrassment from my underarm odor. I take 2 showers a day and as soon as i get out i put deodorant and i'm back to smelling 5 mins later. I have tried everything! This problem has affected every part of my life, from going places, being intimate, picking out clothes, hanging out with friends and being active.

martin on #6294

Just to add some info regarding to antiperspirant. Antiperspirants control sweat and body odour (B.O.) in two ways: firstly by preventing sweat reaching the skin surface and secondly by reducing the bacteria that causes body odour via antimicrobial ingredients.When an antiperspirant is applied to the skin surface, its antiperspirant ingredients – usually aluminium salts – dissolve in the sweat or moisture on the skin surface of the armpit. The dissolved substance forms a gel, which creates a small temporary ‘plug’ near the top of the sweat gland, significantly reducing the amount of sweat that is secreted to the skin surface. Bathing and washing will remove the antiperspirant gel. Re-application of antiperspirants can be beneficial to help reduce sweating and keep fresh throughout the day. Antiperspirants reduce underarm sweating but they do not impact on the natural ability of the body to control its temperature .
        Hope this would help.

sandy on #6572

hello everyone,
        I've had a major sweat problem since I was 16. It was worst on hot days but even when it was freezing I'd sweat so much that I'd sometimes have to change my t-shirt and sweatshirt before I left for school. It got really tiring trying to always figure out ways to constantly keep my arms at my sides. I couldn't go to my school's football or basketball games because I knew I'd be too embarrassed by my sweating and that the heat of the crowded gym would make me sweat even more. Do you have some recommendation for me?Thanks,,.

kirby on #6709

hi,
        I'm 15 I started sweating under my arms when I was 12. I thought it was cause I was nerves all the time till I found out it was that long weird word’s well I suffer from bdd ( body dimorphic disorder) it where I think I'm ugly and it resorts to plastic surgery and well my doctor told me that maybe I'm that way cause of my sweat ? So he made me use Drysol. It a type of antiperspirant you put on at night like once a week. Science then I has not sweat continually and it's made my life better so I recommend Drysol it works! No lie! And don't be afraid to tell people about your sweat cause if you hide it and they don’t know chances are they might be hiding it to! One of my best friends did the same and I never knew just saying 🙂 so try DRYSOL look it up now!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
Reply To: Applying antiperspirants and resistance
Your information:

Skip to toolbar