Are our expectations sometimes too high?

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

• Participant
        Vivian Morden on #1663

I have been complaining about head sweating to my friend recently, and she interrupted me with a bold remark.

“Whatever for do you think that you should have a completely DRY forehead to begin with?!” – that's what she said.

In short, I was using Sweat Block wipes for my sweaty forehead, and while the results were fairly good, I could still feel the moist on my forehead when in the sun. When mixed with chemicals from the antiperspirant, the feeling is even stranger! I kept wiping my face with the hand.

So, my friend thinks that because I suffer from hyperhidrosis, I got too obsessed with the fact that I have to suppress the excess sweat. Huh! She says that I lost track, and instead of aiming to reduce sweating to its normal level, I'm obsessed with keeping my skin absolutely dry! Sheesh.

The worst part? She's right! This got me thinking: does hyperhidrosis cause us to lose track and overdo it? We keep talking about “dry skin”, but the fact is, even the people who don't sweat too much, still DO sweat to some extent. So, my question to everyone else is: how do we recognize if our expectations have become too high? How do you measure the “acceptable” amount of sweat? Do you compare yourself to others?

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Are our expectations sometimes too high?
Your information:

Skip to toolbar