Both types of current?

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

• Participant
        Casper on #1737

Is it important to you to have both types of current available in your iontophoresis machine?

I have been thinking how some people like using direct current for one body area, and pulsed current for the other (usually for underarm sweating), and this got me thinking about what kind of advantages more versatile models have over the other ones.

A Hidrex PSP1000 seems like a favorite, what with its high efficiency profile and reputation, and the fact that it incorporates both options.
        On the other hand, Idromed models seem specialized for either direct or pulsed current.

What does everybody else think? Is this type of versatility important in an iontophoresis device? Or do you prefer to use just one type of current?

• Participant
        Hoover on #1910

I would like to know a similar thing. Do I need both types of current if I want to only treat sweaty hands? Some people seem to favor pulsed current iontophoresis for sweaty hands, while others report that only direct current iontophoresis actually gives them good results when treating hands…

From that, I would guess that I need a device with both options – so that I'm covered either way. But that seems the most expensive model and an option that I don't really need.

Please let me know what type of iontophoresis current and device should I get and use in iontophoresis for sweaty hands – direct or pulsed?

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Both types of current?
Your information:

Skip to toolbar