Can I add medications to iontophoresis water?

Posted In: Iontophoresis Forum

Tanya Luth on #3477

Hi folks,

I am wondering if I can add medications to iontophoresis water?

Tanya

Hydie Ashima on #3536

Tanya,

I have tried using Badoit. If plain tap water or Badoit mineral water fails, there are additives available on prescription that can be tried. Adding a 0.05% solution can prove more successful than using plain tap water. To be sure, discuss this with your dermatologist if tap water iontophoresis did not worked for you.

Hydie

Erika Dela Torre on #3611

Hi Tanya,
        Normally, simple tap water iontophoresis is enough to achieve desired results. In my case of excessive sweating, I am adding baking soda to “soft water” or use iontophoresis to deliver anticholinergics or other medications to hyperhidrotic areas affected.

-Erika

Charmaine MD on #3699

Hi Tanya,

Any additions in the beginning are certainly not recommended. When you start with treatment, do it without any additions. They do not increase effectiveness, so I always recommend to initially start therapy just with your regular tap water. Regular tap water is good enough to achieve first results. So you might as well leave them out!!
        Only after you've no success with Iontophoresis should the additions be tested . Robinul for example must be prescribed by a doctor and you have to do the treatments under your Doctors' supervision.
        Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to response here.

Charmaine

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Can I add medications to iontophoresis water?
Your information:

Skip to toolbar