Darifenacin to stop swearing?

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

Stephanie on #8739

Has anyone ever taken darifenacin to stop sweating? I currently take oxybutynin but after reading about the link between it and a risk of developing dementia…I’m a little nervous to continue it. I read darifenacin does not pose this risk, and one of the side effects of it is decreased sweating. Hoping to hear from someone who has tried this treatment. Thanks!

Ferdinand on #8831

Be aware. Darifenacin is used to treat symptoms of overactive bladder, such as frequent or urgent urination. It has many side effects such as hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. This medicine may also cause blurred vision and may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert and able to see clearly. It is not medically used for hyperhidrosis so please do not use it as such. You should use Glycopyrrolate or Oxybutynin. Both are anticholinergic medications used to treat excessive sweating, or hyperhidrosis.

Juliet Kim on #27373

Darifenacin isn't formulated to treat hyperhidrosis though.
        It is use to treat an overactive bladder and help improves ones ability to control urination. It isn't over the counter too. This medicine is available only with doctor's prescription.
        Even though it may make you sweat less, it will cause your body temperature to increase and will make you more likely to get heat stroke. So be careful. Avoid doing activities that can cause you to overheat like doing exercise on a hot weather.
        Other side effects are constipation, stomach pain, dizziness or blurred vision.
        You should consult your doctor first before trying any medication.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Darifenacin to stop swearing?
Your information:

Skip to toolbar