Driclor skin irritation

• Participant
        Sean M. on #1491

After a month of using Driclor, I started having trouble with skin irritation. I have been using Driclor solution with a roll-on applicator (so nothing special, really). This is the first time that I had this kind of trouble and it is a little discouraging. I suppose I should just switch to a different antiperspirant brand (or even iontophoresis), but I would like to discover wherein the problem lies before I do that.

Apparently in some cases heavy underarm sweating can break down the active ingredient in Driclor to produce hydrochloric acid – thus causing irritation. Still, I wonder – what are the odds of this happening again with another antiperspirant?

Rebecca on #4553

I would recommend Perspirex rather than Driclor. I have used Driclor and the burning was unbearable. At first, I was hoping it would calm down so I went to bed, but bloody hell, it was awful and I had to run to the bathroom to rinse it off.

In Perspirex I only experience itches and stings a little bit but you have to apply it more often – I do it every other night and don't have sweat patches anymore. Always make sure your underarms are dry before you put it on as well, if there's any moisture it seems to make it sting.

Shel on #5412

I followed my friend's advice and as a terrible sweat-er when stressed, I decided to use driclor. Just a warning, don't leave till last week before wedding if planning on using it. I tried it for several random nights before my last dress fitting and it always made me incredibly itchy and sore. I woke up unable to put my arms down anywhere near my sides. My armpits were so red and sore that I couldn't touch them. I just want to warn you all if you're planning on using it, some people swear by it but personally foe me, it didn't get on well.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Driclor skin irritation
Your information:

Skip to toolbar