ETS

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

Kayla on #6915

Hi everyone,

On Monday on I went ahead and had palmar ets surgery. I wanted to post about it on here as I found it very hard to find many reliable sources, especially as a lot of the things online about it are really scary and frequently negative.
        I can honestly say in just a few days I have never been happier.
        I am an aspiring film artist at university and can honestly say I had 10% hope for my future and my career as my hands weee my main tool and would make me too embarrassed to attend my lectures and even leave the house, which is pretty humiliating for a 20 year old girl. Other the last five years I have tried everything, I even brought the iontherosis machine which had a negative effect on my nerves.
        The surgery involved deflating my lungs either side and cutting the spinal cord which was sending sweat/ flight or fly response to my hands. It was very scary and I am still recovering but my hands are now dryer than most peoples, and it worked straight away! And as you might know, hands and feet trigger each other, so it has had a brilliant impact on my feet also, sweating less than half of what they did before.
        I honestly feel like it’s a new chapter in my life and my odds have changed. If you are reliant on something like your hands as much as I am, take the plunge if you can (after trying every other solution of course).

Hope this helps someone, and feel free to ask anything!

Kris on #7053

I have suffered from hand, feet and underarm hyperhidrosis for 30 years. I have tried meds, Botox, acupuncture…you name it. I've often thought about ETS but frankly it scares me. But I also am required to give presentations and shake hands as part of my job sooooo.

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: ETS
Your information:

Skip to toolbar