Excessive sweating

Anis Eric on #3965

I have always had hyperhidrosis from when I was a kid. Now it has reached to a point that I cannot sleep well at night. I just get irritated because of this problem. For many years it has been relatively light and centred around my arm pits. However over the past 4 years it has got progressively worse. I have been thinking of getting the botox treatment(http://www.med-aesthetics.com/cosmetic-botox/ ) from any nearby clinic like the Med-aesthetics in Brampton. Actually I am most interested in hearing about other people’s experiences. If you did it please let me know how effective it was, did you suffer any bad consequences, and how long did the effects of the treatment last?

Lewis Young on #4101

I tend to use a more dilute version of botox for underarm therapy and found it to be equally effective as a more concentrated version. It is more cost effective and theoretically diffuses further along. I prefer 50-100 units of botox per treatment and its cost ranges from $500- 1000 depending on the number of units used. Treatments are expected to last between 3-6 months. Often higher doses can result in longer lasting symptom relief. A great alternative to Botox is miraDry. It costs $3000 for the procedure, that includes 2 treatment) and can be as effective as Botox and after two treatments, no further intervention is needed.

Aloha on #5531

Botox is a drug that temporarily paralyzes muscles to treat certain muscle conditions, reduce wrinkles or stop sweat. It is widely recognized treatment for axillary hyperhidrosis (excessive underarm sweating), gaining the FDA’s stamp of approval in 2004. To treat severe underarm sweating, Botox works by blocking the secretion of the chemical that activates sweat glands. During the procedure, doctors (typically dermatologists) inject around 50 units of Botox into each armpit. The more units injected, the longer the drying effects tend to last.

Overall, the procedure is relatively quick and painless — except when it comes to your wallet. Very pricey.

faye on #6196

I sweat everywhere, hands, feet, armpits, body, etc, you name it and i have sweated there. i am sporty and often worry about sweat patches on clothing in school and what is worse, is that i tend to smell after a while of sweating. sometimes i sweat for no reason. sitting in class, reading a book etc. normally one would sweat when there is some emotional activity but i can be calm yet still sweat.I already tried a whole range of deodorants that only worked for a while. i have been to my dermatologist and he suggested i go remove my glands under my arms and i will be sweat free, but i fear what the result would be. i really dont know what to do, as many people tell you to do one thing and then you get the rest saying you should not. this is a topic that i am completely open to hearing about. another problem is that i am thin (normal, lean, healthy for my age.) i dont put on weight unless its muscle. i have a fast metabolism and was wondering if removing my sweat glands or ducts will have any effect on my weight, metabolism etc. thanks in advance. Please need some effective suggestions. thanks

ruther on #6514

hello
        Just started using the antiperspirant containing aluminum chloride and have noticed an improvement already, although I just experienced the pain of applying it for hours after shaving. Even though it is good it is still annoying how can easily irritate skin, if you do not follow the exact steps. I'm really worried and don't want to go out because of it. It stopping me, and i have sweating really bad since i can remember nothing has really helped. As of now i am planning to have a Botox Treatment as my mother advice it to me. Maybe i will try this treatment as soon as possible. Hopefully it work.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Excessive sweating
Your information:

Skip to toolbar