Excessive Sweating but I love sports

Janess on #4353

It was a great relief for me to stumble upon this website and reading all your posts. I have suffered from excessive sweating since 15. It is the sweat on my head, back and face that causes me the most stress. I am very involved in sport and I went to the point of even giving up the sport I love most a few years ago, as I was so conscious of my sweating problem never mind not being able to participate in summer sports or tournaments. I have since taken up sport again and dread the start of the new season from this point of view. It is a complete nightmare for me given the fact I love sports so much and that the very bad episodes of sweating profusely is brought on by playing sport. I have started using Anhydrol Forte & have not noticed a difference yet. Does anyone have any other tips for me please? Thank you.

Alsara on #4422

Because sweating is linked to your automatic nervous system, how much you sweat isn’t within your conscious control. Typically, sweating while playing sports shouldn’t be an indicator that something is seriously wrong. If you’re playing sports outside, high temperatures could increase your sweating as your body attempts to cool itself. However, if your sweating is accompanied by other symptoms, such as chest pain, fever or a rapid heartbeat, that's the time you should consult with your doctor.

If you experience shortness of breath or weight loss accompanied by excessive sweating, this could also signal that you should meet with your physician. Heavy sweating could signal heat exhaustion.

maureen on #4471

Sweating is associated with certain emotions, you might find yourself sweating more before a big soccer game, or when you’re taking an important shot during while playing basketball. Dressing inappropriately for the game could also explain too much sweating.

In some cases, certain medications can cause excessive sweating. Although you might notice sweating while playing sports, try to observe whether you’re sweating on other occasions. Regular, excessive sweating could indicate effects from current prescriptions.

If you are sweating for no reason,  then I think you really suffer from hyperhidrosis, try an iontophoresis treatment as it is the best solution nowadays. I personally recommend Idromed.

Raven Celeste on #5921

I’m 16 and about to start my new school and I’m on a sport scholarship. I’m really sporty and the sport uniform is bright green and I sweat really badly. I’m really worried and don't want to go because of it. It’s stopping me, and I've sweated really badly since I can remember. Even though they say its good for the body but it’s also annoying and embarrassing. I thought I was the only one suffering this sweat. After reading all the comments above I feel relieved because I know that I’m not only the one who’s suffering this sweat.
        Please help me in this sweating problem.

Gabriel Ocelfa on #5955

For extreme cases facial hyperhidrosis, you can get surgery. The procedure is called Endoscopic Transthoracic Sympathectomy (try saying that 3 times fast). After reading a few articles about the procedure, it sounds pretty serious when anesthesia is involved and “destroying nerves through the vertebral column”, not to mention risks that include death and irreversible nerve damage. If you’d like to get more details, go ahead and google it. It’s sure to make a fascinating Friday night read. and hyperhidrosis. If you are considering surgical treatment, be sure your surgeon is well-trained and informed of the most recent research
        We’ll keep adding to this list as we find better ways to combat facial sweating.

melissa on #6039

I have a really bad sweat problem. I take a shower every day in the morning before I leave the house to go to school and have found that this doesn't work. I have tried using various types of deodorant, none being effective whatsoever.. apart from one which was no use really because the smell of the deodorant was very noticeable. Also every time I have P.E. or volleyball games I have to make sure I don't raise my arms up too high, so that people won't notice my sweat patches, and sometimes my couch get angry to me due to my misbehavior during volleyball practices. It's so embarrassing and has had a serious toll on my social life. I'm 18 and have had this problem ever since being 13 or so. I don't know what to resort to next?

marven on #6636

Hi,
        I started to experience excessive sweating from my anal region. It does not smell, in fact, it is quite sweet smelling. But it creates all sorts of problems including soaking my underwear and pants and creating rashes. I've been on the search for months trying to find a solution. Unfortunately I've mostly found that I'm not alone and learned some techniques to deal with it. Namely, I used a tissue to place in the crack of my butt. Usually absorbs most of the sweat. I change this anywhere from every hour to every couple of hours. Still, there have been times that I find the sweat leaks through and people, most likely, have noticed the sweat streak! If I find a solution, I'll get back to you.

Viewing 6 reply threads
Reply To: Excessive Sweating but I love sports
Your information:

Skip to toolbar