Exercising makes me sweat when NOT exercising

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

Damon on #2716

I have researched and not found anyone else with this symptom. I have exercised my whole life (cycling, running, weight training etc.) and have always suffered from extreme sweat attacks when not exercising (at work, night sweats etc. especially when anxious). Recently I had an injury that kept me “out of the game” (not exercising) for about 3 months. My hyperhidrosis essentially disappeared during the time I was NOT exercising. As soon as I did my first workout, I immediately started having sweat attacks again at work, in social situations and at night etc. This seems exactly opposite of typical. Does anyone have any insight as to what might be going on?

• Participant
        Source Searcher on #2870

Damon,
        Don't quote me on this. I am not a doctor, but this is an educated guess. Since sweating is induced when the body is under stress, it stands to reason that you should sweat with exercise. You said that you quit sweating after the injury and lack of exercise. Then, after you started exercising, you began sweating again, even when not exercising. I am thinking that when you exercise you are producing stress hormones, namely cortisone. I am sure there are others directly involved also. But, I do know that cortisone is a stress hormone and doesn't just turn off when the body is not under stress. That would take time. So, it makes sense to me that with more routine exercise, you are consistently producing cortisone and also testosterone (you didn't say if you were weight lifting, I think). Testosterone is produced in higher quantities with weight lifting and I think, not sure, that testosterone also increases sweating. Not positive about all this, but I think it's a good thread to follow up on. Hope it helps.

• Participant
        Source Searcher on #2871

I did a longer version of this earlier. Evidently, it didn't take. What I was trying to get across is that I believe your increase in sweating after restarting exercise was due to an increase in stress hormones, namely cortisone. It was probably reduced with the lack of exercise, and your body started to produce greater quantity with the stress of reintroducing exercise. Testosterone would also do this, I believe. That would increase with any muscle mass exercise, especially weight lifting. Cortisone levels would take time to reduce in the system, as you gradually noticed with decreased exercise. But, with reintroduction of exercise, you would be producing at a higher level, and it doesn't just drop off. So, you would experience more stress hormone even with less exercise and more sweating. Don't quote me on this, but i think it is a good thread to follow.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Exercising makes me sweat when NOT exercising
Your information:

Skip to toolbar