facial sweating and testosterone

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

• Participant
        J. Apollo D. on #6370

Hello people,
        I am new to the forum.

I believe the reason for facial hyperhidrosis in males mainly, is the extreme response of sweat glands to male sex hormone. DHT DiHydroTestosterone is the active signaling hormone and the cell of the gland is the receptor of the signal. DHT blockers are used in oral form to downregulate DHT and reduce prostate size. But what if these agents could be used topically?

The following expert supports that view.

“There is a reduction in the number of eccrine sweat glands and output per gland with increasing age, which also impacts on thermoregulation. There is an equally reduced response to the effects of epinephrine in men and women in old age; however, there is a far greater decrease in response to acetylcholine in men than in women in old age. This suggests that the effects of cholinergic sweating are indirectly affected by hormones. Further evidence for this is provided by the observation that the maximum rate of cholinergic sweating is far greater in adult males than in adult females or juveniles, and is probably therefore androgen-dependent.”
        https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/book/9781416062318

So for a really effective solution one should intervene to the hormone-gland interplay? Have you came across or thought about topical DHT blockers? e.g. finasteride or dutasteride?
        No matter how much I searched internet I didnt came accross any reference which connects DHT blockers topical use and sweating.
        Is there reduced sweating observed in clinical trials of these agents while they are used orally? is oral taking different than acting locally? they usually refer to those in hairloss forums with a scope of promoting hairgrowth and hair integrity. Nevertheless, if sweat is hormone dependent would have such an effect on sweating.

Sorry for my hasty writing but I think you ve got my point.

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: facial sweating and testosterone
Your information:

Skip to toolbar