Facial sweating

Posted In: Hyperhidrosis Forum

Tess on #3369

I've had Hyperhidrosis of the face for several years now and put it down to hot flushes from the menopause. Been on oxybutinin for a few years now but became concerned about the effects – it dries everything and is rapidly ageing my skin too.

Femia on #3382

I had some success with Neat 3B Face Saver Gel – advertised and sent off for it from Amazon. I used it on my face. I put it around the hairline along my forehead, around my mouth and each side of my nose. I let it dry for about 5 mins and then put on my makeup.

Christina Gatbonton on #3582

I am using apple cider vinegar with honey (to taste), mix together 2 tablespoons each, drink 30 minutes before food three times a day. It stops my facial sweating as well as palm sweating.

Drew M on #3780

There are studies that show that Botox can help with excessive sweating of the face. But you must make sure you see a board-certified dermatologist for this so that one can avoid asymmetries that can happen when inappropriate techniques and dilutions are applied. The dosing is typically based on areas treated. Duration also depends on dose and technique, but can vary from 3-6 months. One should visit with a plastic surgeon experienced with hyperhidrosis to be evaluated and treated as this is area is a more nuanced procedure. Most areas of the face only have a few points of hyperhidrosis so only these areas should be treated.

Jennylou on #4055

Hi all,

I am doing two techniques for my facial sweating. One is using ice cube. I use one ice cube and wrap it in muslin then wipe my face with ice 2-3 times a day. I have read that ice helps to close and tighten the pores and the sweat gets blogged. This method is also very effective to help your makeup last longer. You can also splash cold water on your face to control excessive sweat.

The other one is cucumber juice. Cucumber is a natural astringent. It helps to cure excessive facial sweating when used regularly. I extract the juice of one cucumber, chill it in the refrigerator then apply the juice with a cotton swab. I am doing this twice a day and leave it on till dry. You can store cucumber juice in the fridge for 3-4 days.

Hope this helps.

-Jennylou

Fidel on #4138

Hi Tess,

Our face is literally the first place we can clinically sweat through your eccrine glands. Although our body's sweat glands can function before birth, physicians don't consider sweating possible until one full day after birth, with the face being the first place it can occur. For some, it may seem like once the sweating started, it never stopped.

Your face — specifically your forehead and scalp — are covered with eccrine glands. They're part of a series of reactions that end in what we recognize as sweating. In other words, it's very normal to sweat on your face when you're hot, whether it's from sitting outside in high temperatures or exercising. But if facial sweating becomes problematic, or if it occurs constantly or in situations where it shouldn't, like in a cool, indoor environment, perhaps it's time to get to the bottom of the trouble.

A condition known as hyperhidrosis — excessive sweating — can extend to the face. If it is, there are a couple reasons why you may be sweating so much. Primary hyperhidrosis is thought to come from emotional triggers, although exactly why remains a mystery. Secondary hyperhidrosis is the result of another, larger medical condition. A number of illnesses have been linked to hyperhidrosis; malignant tumors, infections, heart disease, Parkinson's disease and hyperthyroidism all have excessive sweating as a symptom.

A physician can make a diagnosis between primary and secondary hyperhidrosis. While treatment of the underlying condition should also clear up secondary hyperhidrosis, your doctor has a number of options to treat a case of primary hyperhidrosis. One of the most prevalent ways of combating hyperhidrosis, including on the face, is the use of aluminum chloride, the main ingredient in antiperspirant.

Perhaps the best way to combat hyperhidrosis is through relaxation techniques. Again, since emotional triggers — especially stress — can cause primary hyperhidrosis, reducing the stress in your life and the way you react to stressful situations may help reduce facial sweating.

-Fidel

Shauna on #4284

I'm a 41 year old woman that has battled with excessive facial and head sweating. It has went in cycles over the years, but currently it seems to be peaking at its worse. It's absolutely horrible. I can't do very minor housework, like vacuuming without, more often than not, breaking out in a full on sweat. It's so bad that it's hard, or impossible, to turn off the faucet once it's turned on. My hair stays drenched for hours after it happens. It's humiliating. It's effecting me being able to be employed and right now I'm without health insurance so I can't see a dermatologist. A few years back I saw a dermatologist and he prescribed me propantheline. It worked great. Last month I got my doctor to give me that, but it absolutely is doing nothing for me. I'm sitting here on the couch typing this and I have sweat beads running down my face. I've completely had it. It's effecting my life horribly. It's embarrassing. I can't do anything. Recently the onset has came on with a vengeance. I'm doing what I can do to try and figure out what triggers it. I've completely cut out caffeine without relief. I've also tried drinking apple cider vinegar. No one understands the toll this is taking on my life. Someone help me please and than you.

Troy on #5569

I feel exactly the same as you , it has pretty much ruined my life and nobody can help .

Karen Davidson on #5588

I have total sympathy-my life is ruined because of this humiliating condition. I have tried everything-beta blockers, oxybutinin, face saver gels, apple cider vinegar, ice cubes, caffeine free drinks-most things work for a short time but then it goes straight back to the beginning again. I am currently waiting on an appointment for Endocrinology. This affects my whole life!

Julie on #4462

Hi Tess,

I am in the same position you are with the sweating of my face and hair. I also sweat on my head, face, chest, and the funny thing is, I am sweating mostly when sleeping. Hot or cold, I still sweat. No one seems to have any answers. This keeps me from doing almost everything I enjoy. I also have fibromyalgia, have had it for 9 years. I can be doing nothing and all of a sudden I start sweating and it gets so bad most of the time that I am dripping.

I am really at a loss on how to get help with this. Any info you might have would be greatly appreciated.

-Julie

Ryan on #4483

Excessive facial sweating can be an awkward and embarrassing problem. Excessive sweating is known as hyperhidrosis, though that doesn’t refer to the face specifically. Hyperhidrosis causes extreme sweating in the palms, feet, armpits, and/or face area, including the scalp and neck.

Though no gene markers or other hereditary factors have been pegged as causing hyperhidrosis of the face, many doctors believe that its cause could be hereditary. They make this assumption based on the fact that the condition seems to affect multiple people in families.

Anxiety is another one trigger for this condition, along with other mental health issues. It makes sense that over-activity of the nervous system associated with anxiety could cause the sweat glands to overproduce as well.

Some medical conditions can cause excessive facial sweating. Some examples are hormonal imbalances, overactive thyroid, diabetes, low blood sugar, heart attack, some types of cancer, and infectious diseases.

Now for the natural treatment, a naturally cooling, soothing, and anti-inflammatory substance, cucumber is used to soothe a multitude of facial issues, including facial sweating. Simply juice a fresh cucumber and soak a cotton pad in the resulting juice and swipe on the skin to keep your face cool and sweat-free for hours!

Hoos on #6227

I've got facial hyperhydrosis. Here is the cure. Apply it at night correctly and you'll be amazed for the next 3-4 days of NO sweat. Here's the video I watched to learn about how to control what we have. It's a youtube video from Vman. This dude says it all.

Viewing 9 reply threads
Reply To: Facial sweating
Your information:

Skip to toolbar